PDA

View Full Version : Poor Enzo.....just smoked another Ferrari

gmbh6
September 8th, 2005, 04:09
Firstly I asked Eric to change my screename from thcakid to gmbh6........he almost got it right :D

Now, for the kill.

Driving home from work...weaving throught traffic and about 2 miles from home a 360 Modena Ragtop pulls up 2 car lanes over. I lose him in traffic but he pulls up behind me at a red light.

That red light is Hawthorne Blvd.

Two cars in front of us.

I rev the engine a bit to let him know I'm not an E55 owner :hihi: .......I'm ready to play.

Light goes green and I ease out and wait for scooby doo and scooby dumb to give us a lane. They do. And we go.

Naturally I'm ahead, so it kind of turns into a boat race. I do however, keep a close eye on him so I can gauge how far ahead I am before he hits full throtle.

He hit it so now I keep my eyes on the road and the upcoming curve. I noticed before I hit the curve that I pulled ahead even more.......then I lose him around the curve.

One caveat: I usually stop the race there. You see I live half way up the hill so I don't like to keep going unless someone is right on my tail......PLUS....and even more important.......IT GETS VERY DANGEROUS AT THAT POINT.........by that time I catch up to other traffice, there's a stop light, cars coming down the hill, etc.......

So in a way it's a race to the light or about 100-120mph.......

....nonetheless.........NEVERFOLLOW :race: :addict:

Bauer
September 8th, 2005, 05:02
Very nice.... I have been hoping to run it to one with my S4:hahahehe:

Walked on a 997 a few months ago.... it was really rather embarrassing... not even close... It is always fun to see the looks on people faces.:harass:

Erik
September 8th, 2005, 07:00
You're now gmbh6 :p

Benman
September 8th, 2005, 18:18
Originally posted by gmbh6

I rev the engine a bit to let him know I'm not an E55 owner :hihi: .......I'm ready to play.

:harass:
Good one, the few I've seen NEVER want to tangle!:hihi:

Why the name change? Kinda liked the CA Kid.

Ben:addict:

gmbh6
September 8th, 2005, 22:00
Originally posted by Erik
You're now gmbh6 :p

gmbh6
September 8th, 2005, 22:05
Originally posted by Benman
...Why the name change? Kinda liked the CA Kid.

I like it too....and it served me well for many years but now it just feels a little akward since I'll be turning 255/35/19 later this year. :mech: ......get the tiger balm ready :trash:

.....I'll think of a better name later and then I'll trouble Eric yet again. :D

gmbh6
September 8th, 2005, 22:10
Originally posted by Bauer
........It is always fun to see the looks on people faces.:harass:

That is the truth........they are always surprised. :D

Benman
September 9th, 2005, 00:25
Originally posted by gmbh6
it just feels a little akward since I'll be turning 255/35/19

Hey, 35 IS still a kid. It's ALL relative.

eph94
September 9th, 2005, 01:54
Just got back from another day at the track at New Hampshire Intl Speedway.

Highlights: 997 C2S couldn't shake me during an encounter during one run; a MB E55 pointed me by all day

While we can certainly chaulk up a lot of it my familiarity with the track, it still really is amazing what our beasts can do and what crowd we can run in.

Next stop, Mont-Tremblant for the ACNA Nationals. Anyone else going to be there?

gmbh6
September 9th, 2005, 04:19
Originally posted by JJV-MA
...Highlights: 997 C2S couldn't shake me during an encounter during one run; a MB E55 pointed me by all day... :0: