September 4th, 2005, 02:30
1991 turbo - sold:doh:

jimrd
September 4th, 2005, 02:31
last one for now.......

RS4Ever
September 4th, 2005, 09:05
beautiful

nice sportecs on the beast (great shot) and that r-turbo with the rufs on is sweet (could have first shut the driver door..but very nice beast) :cool2:

mr
September 5th, 2005, 07:26
wow nice stable!!!!

which one do you prefer in driving -> the RS6, the R Turbo or the Viper??

rgds
mr

Benman
September 6th, 2005, 16:32
VERY nice stable. A TT Viper... kinda quick I take it.:D

Ben:addict:

jimrd
September 6th, 2005, 18:03
Ben - The viper project was just completed about three weeks ago.......I'm still working on mustering up the cajones to see how really quick it is! Less than 100mph, traction is the primary problem. I'm sure a tuned 996tt would keep up if not win from a dead stop given the advantage of all wheel drive. From a roll at highway speeds, traction is less of an issue. On a closed track with all appropriate safety gear, I'm sure the Viper could do fairly well in 70mph roll-on competition against most cars.
The Viper does have a form of traction control in that the AEM engine management system limits boost according to wheel speed - for example, boost in 1st and 2nd gear is limited to 6lbs. Even with that, however, it will spin the rears like crazy above 4000rpm in 1st and 2nd and into third. In the Viper, third gear tops out around 120mph - significant wheel spin at those speeds can get one's attention - so I'm told.

Benman
September 6th, 2005, 20:54
Originally posted by jimrd
In the Viper, third gear tops out around 120mph - significant wheel spin at those speeds can get one's attention - so I'm told.
:bigeyes: :MTM:

Yeah, like I said before, I take it that it's KINDA "quick"!:MTM: :thumb:

Ben:addict: (that's as we say in the south, "Stupid Fast"!).

mi021le
September 6th, 2005, 21:25
Originally posted by jimrd
Ben - The viper project was just completed about three weeks ago.......I'm still working on mustering up the cajones to see how really quick it is! Less than 100mph, traction is the primary problem. I'm sure a tuned 996tt would keep up if not win from a dead stop given the advantage of all wheel drive. From a roll at highway speeds, traction is less of an issue. On a closed track with all appropriate safety gear, I'm sure the Viper could do fairly well in 70mph roll-on competition against most cars.
The Viper does have a form of traction control in that the AEM engine management system limits boost according to wheel speed - for example, boost in 1st and 2nd gear is limited to 6lbs. Even with that, however, it will spin the rears like crazy above 4000rpm in 1st and 2nd and into third. In the Viper, third gear tops out around 120mph - significant wheel spin at those speeds can get one's attention - so I'm told.
i dyno my trans am at heffners shop, and those are some crazy fast cars. they have one thats runing like a 8.6 and its still a 6 speed. wonder what it would run with a auto..... :MTM:

Klint
September 18th, 2005, 22:27
Wow!

Love the Porsches, the RS6 isn't too bad neither!

Would love to see some snaps of the Turbo Viper. :D

EBMCS03
September 24th, 2005, 05:50
Nice RUF! Nice RS6! :addict: