PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Exhaust

BBGT2
September 2nd, 2005, 17:31
Before any one one yells SEARCH !!!

I did already, I need your guys opinion on aftermarket exhaust for the beast, I had a Milltek exhaust on the previous monster and was happy, BUT I want something with a more prounounced roar, my G55 sounded so damn good I miss hearing that sound and its not bothersome to me at all.
Please dont mention APR or their silly BB design, I seen the Eisanmann system but it only replaces the rear mufflers???? Whats up with that, cannot get a sound clip from their site though. There is got to be others that are making the systems for an RS6, Yes I liked MTM's exhaust but I dont feel like paying $5k for a system when my GT2 Fabspeed costs only $2500. Anyway my praise to MTM but not for me thats a lot of money for an exhaust. So
If anyone has any opinions please do share with me and the board. All info is greatly appreciated and needed.

Thank you Gents!
Bajo:addict:

BBGT2
September 2nd, 2005, 21:51
Wow, 34 views and NO replies!:D

I must have touched a serious subject here that no one want's to embrace.:p

I know the true die hard RS6'ers will come thru with their skill and knowledge, speaking of which where has the Nord been, always enjoy reading his posts even though I dont agree with him all the time he is a wealth of knowledgde as is Nene, Erik, Benman, Stu, too many guys to mention.
Just looking for input from all of you!

nene
September 2nd, 2005, 21:58
It seems that you don't want to hear this, but I must admit the MTM would be my choice, and probably should be yours too. I agree that it is way too expensive for a couple of tubes of stainless steel. I must admit that their product is second to none though.

I have an MTM exhaust on the S4 (now my sisters), and it has been there since 2001. No issues at all. One thing I hate about it is that the rear muffler is too visible from behind. However, with the MTM RS6 exhaust that is no longer true.
I saw it in person, and heard it as well, under load, normal driving, and idle. Loved it.

For now the sound is not so much of an issue to me, as the looks are. The quad exhaust certainly makes the RS6 less of a sleeper, but still worth for looks, manufacturing, and sound.
I'm sticking with my stock sound enhanced exhaust, and happy about it.

I must admit that it is not the $5K that is stopping me from purchasing the MTM piece though. If those quad exhaust pipes came in the same black color tips as the stock I got, I'd be all over it like a deadbeat "john" on a "hoe".

Good luck.

Teaser pic:

http://htms.org/img/032005/ricky/ricky2.jpg

Qisha
September 2nd, 2005, 22:06
Take a look at: www.topgear.de

They produce the Exhaust Systems for the major German Audi Tuners like ABT, Oettinger, MTM etc.

You can choose different Sound Levels and you also get Sport Catalytic Converter 100CPSI with Downpipes, which are needed if you want to go for a breathtaking Soundlevel... could be too loud for daily use.

Hope this will help,

CU Qisha :D

carlos
September 3rd, 2005, 00:29
I can recommend sportec not to loud until you hammer past 4,000rpm. Better sound than the OEM sport exh.
CESA:addict:

Benman
September 3rd, 2005, 01:13
Originally posted by nene
If those quad exhaust pipes came in the same black color tips as the stock I got, I'd be all over it like a deadbeat "john" on a "hoe".

Nice.:hihi:

Hey there Bajo. I'm with nene on the stock "enhanced" exhaust. Mine sounds plenty like the river boat and gets me enough thumbs up and turned heads so an even louder exhaust isn't something I need.

You could also ask Ricky (hard to miss with those flashy new rims:p ), he'll have a recommendation for sure.

Yeah, haven't seen Nord lately, I do know he travels a LOT so might just be out and about.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

BBGT2
September 3rd, 2005, 01:19
Thank you all, topgear has been contacted, Nene I understand your point.
Does anyone of these tuners have sound clips?

Thank's Again

CornersWell
September 3rd, 2005, 13:40
Well, I put on an Eisenmann and have posted my observations elsewhere on this forum. I'm pleased, but I also purchased it used from someone who thought it was too loud at certain rpms and got a nice discount. Had I not gotten the discount, I might gone a different route. That said, I still enjoy it. I think the website is www.eisenmann-technik.de. There are definitely sound clips (I listened to them myself when I was considering the Eisenmann). It's in German, so navigate by pictures, or, better yet, do a search for RS6 or Audi. The clips and pictures will come up (I just checked...they're still there).

I can't speak to the other systems, but I'm still happy with my Eisenmann.

CW

BBGT2
September 3rd, 2005, 14:21
Cornerswell,
Thanks for the input, I am trying to play the sound clips from their site to no avail, but anyway.
Loud is not my concern I want to hear the engine pumping, the Eisanmann system only replaces the rear muffler if I am correct, at least from what I can see in their pictures and does not replace the resonators after the cats as the Milltek does, wonder why?
There has got to be a system that totally replaces the center resonators and offers freer flowing mufflers therefore reducing backpressure and giving great sound and therefore with lessening backpressure gives a tad more power. I will keep searching.
Thank's
Bajo:addict: :addict:

CornersWell
September 3rd, 2005, 17:30
Can't say why you're having difficulties with playing the sound files. I played them this morning. However, I can't play them with a Mac. I can only access them from a Windows/Intel machine. It's a windows media player page, I think.

You're correct about the Eisenmann. It's from the cat back only. So, basically, it's just new mufflers. Stupid price, though. It took me a saturday morning to get it on and fitted up to my satisfaction. Lots of tools. Not a DIY project unless you have a lift, and a killer set of tools!

CW

Wang
September 3rd, 2005, 20:00
Having $1K option sound enhancing exhaust is good enough for me. I can't seet throwing away such a nice exhaust system which is already special and unique.

vs2
September 3rd, 2005, 22:13
I just fitted the "REMUS" system. Its only from the resonators back. Has polished oval tips and was $1,500 USD. Very well made and I love the new sound. Remus makes the systems for MTM and others.

To me the cost of a whole system did not add up as you only have the cat's , rsonators and the two mufflers, unless you wanted high-flo cat's, but then I'd go aftermarket.

BBGT2
September 4th, 2005, 00:08
Having $1K option sound enhancing exhaust is good enough for me. I can't seet throwing away such a nice exhaust system which is already special and unique.

Did it once will do it again until I get one that I AM HAPPY WITH!:D

I just fitted the "REMUS" system. Its only from the resonators back. Has polished oval tips and was $1,500 USD. Very well made and I love the new sound. Remus makes the systems for MTM and others.

Will try them,

Thanks ya'll:D

BBGT2
September 6th, 2005, 03:31
Any of you guys in Europe have or heard the Cargraphic exhaust? If so please post your input of what you think of it, I believe theirs is like the Eisanmann system with only the rear mufflers being replaced.
Hmm Looks like its gonna be Milltek if I dont find anything else, which is good at least with their system I know what I am getting because I have had it on before and like their sound and PERFECT fit.

Qisha
September 6th, 2005, 07:26
You can also get a complete Exhaust System from Cat to Backbox. Good quality, known for Porsche... special Sound. The complete System without German TüV... too loud. :cry:

BBGT2
September 6th, 2005, 22:15
Qisha,
I called Cargraphic USA and the guy doesnt know if they ever made or produced them???? He said he would call Germany and get back to me, today so far no phone call, oh well his loss.
Looks like I am gonna go with the complete Milltek system with the downpipes and exhaust system, stay tuned will let everyone know what happens:)

I know I am going to be cursing like a mad man cause those downpipes will not go easy, oh well time to get myhands dirty and get back to some wrenching again.

BBGT2
September 6th, 2005, 22:25
Hmmmm,just talked to the Remus distributor and he is talking like $730 plus shipping for the WHOLE cat back system.
That has to be too good to be true, I see APR all over again where I get it and it sounds quiter than stock, WHY does it have to be so damn hard, oh screw it I am going with something true and tried and that is Milltek.

Qisha
September 7th, 2005, 07:08
Check the german Website: www.cargraphic.de

I called Cargraphic to check for you:

the complete Exhaust System is only made for Export. So, you are able to order it.

http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/data/images/36/1f/00/AU062_02_4b_kl.jpg

1.890,00 Euro + Shipping

BBGT2
September 7th, 2005, 13:06
Qisha,

Thank you very much, that was very nice of you. I will call them right away.

Thanks again my friend,

Qisha
September 7th, 2005, 13:24
With pleasure... :D

Benman
September 7th, 2005, 15:55
Originally posted by Qisha
Check the german Website: www.cargraphic.de

I called Cargraphic to check for you:

the complete Exhaust System is only made for Export. So, you are able to order it.

http://www.cargraphic.de/stepone/data/images/36/1f/00/AU062_02_4b_kl.jpg

1.890,00 Euro + Shipping

Nice looking system.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

BBGT2
September 7th, 2005, 20:20
Well Qisha thanks for all your effort, cargraphic usa called Germany and they told him that it is a prototype system and they are not selling it as of yet and cannot give a date as to when it will be available for sale.
Talked to MTM/Hoppen and their system with the dual tone system is $4900 with the downpipes and complete exhaust system so it looks like it will be the one I will be getting, no offense to Milltek but MTM is MTM and I am going with their system, the only drawback is that its 2 weeks out, coming in from Deutschland :) !
I asked Ken from Hoppen as far as the sound and he was honest in that he said their system at idle is quiter than Milltek's but when you nail it its a whole different story as I can attest to seeing/hearing their video of it on their website.
I am going to call Hoppen right now and get this badboy ordered and see if they can do better than 2 weeks waiting time even though I am gonna cuss like a sailor installing the downpipes :D .
But its alright it shall be done!

BBGT2
September 7th, 2005, 20:27
Here we go again boys, now Hoppen is telling me that its not what he told me this morning and he messed up!!!
$4900 is just for the catback system and not the dp's.
So needless to say I am not going to spend more than $5k on an exhaust it just doesnt make sense to do that at least not to me, so I am nack to my original source and that is Milltek/Stratmosphere.
Who woulda thunk that exhaust shopping would be THIS dang hard. :D :D :D :D
Well thats it for now folks will be awaiting my Milltek exhaust in a little over a week hopefully sooner and not later.

Cheers to you all who have helped!

BBGT2
September 17th, 2005, 00:40
Well,

Downpipes are in rest of exhaust will be in hopefully wednsday when EVRYTHING is going in. I will take picture's of the down pipe install which is going to be a HOOT:(

Just keepin you guys posted!

Benman
September 17th, 2005, 00:49
Let us know how it all goes once it's done.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

Fast One
September 19th, 2005, 16:20
You will love the sound of the milltek together with the downpipes,sounds alot more unique with them.Plus you can here the turbos whooshing a bit.Pure music,and alot of head turning :D Get ready for the compliments.

BBGT2
September 21st, 2005, 22:06
Well,

Its all done and installed:mech: !

The sound is better than stock for sure, is it what I expected with the install of the downpipes NO! But it sounds better than stcok for sure as now you can hear the Turbos whistling as Fast One said.
The DP install was a HARD job, and if I had to do it all over again I def. would not, but oh well its done. I did take a couple of pictures and have Erik post them whenever he can I will try to get a sound clip in there as well.
You wanna talk about this engine being "stuffed" into this car, it is STUFFED.
The major reason I did do the DP's is you get a little more HP increase whenever I do the chip tunning as compared to the HP increase without them. Have plenty of cuts on my forearms and hands but bottom line is I am relatively happy with it and if I remember correctly someone here told me that with time it will get louder and more throatier, we shall see. I am expecting my Nav-Plus system to come in tommorow so that is another project for me to do, hopefully that will be ALOT easier than these damn DP's:D
I am gonna go now and take a nap I am tired:p !

BBGT2
September 22nd, 2005, 19:23
And a day later, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT !!!

System too lean bank 1 and 2, :vgrumpy:

Talking to Stratmosphere and Milltek "highly unusual" they say they will let me know what to do.
Hopefully it's a fluke but I dont think so not with my luck, will probably have to send the ECM in to get in tuned and chipped, that is great another $3k out of my wallet.
Well if that is the case that is the case, but I will guarantee NO MORE tuning, she is what she is and that it.

Benman
September 22nd, 2005, 21:56
Originally posted by Bajors6
And a day later, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT !!!

Well if that is the case that is the case, but I will guarantee NO MORE tuning, she is what she is and that it.

Well dang Bajo, that blows!

No tuning for me.

sleepy
September 25th, 2005, 19:46
I´ll let a local company here in Sweden custom build an exhuast system for my RS6 this week. It will be really load only two mufflers in the very rear and no cats at all! I´m really looking forward to the end of this week when the system will be finished.

I´ll post some pics and soundclips here later. And I´m also gonna test the car before and after with a g-tech meter.

Ps. This is my first post here, so hello everybody!

///Martin

Erik
September 26th, 2005, 08:33
Hi and welcome sleepy.

No cats??? Not sure about that one, the cats usually don't tkae that much power.

Which company is building your system? Feritta? http://www.ferrita.se/

mi021le
September 26th, 2005, 10:30
Originally posted by sleepy
I´ll let a local company here in Sweden custom build an exhuast system for my RS6 this week. It will be really load only two mufflers in the very rear and no cats at all! I´m really looking forward to the end of this week when the system will be finished.

I´ll post some pics and soundclips here later. And I´m also gonna test the car before and after with a g-tech meter.

Ps. This is my first post here, so hello everybody!

///Martin

im in boras right now!!! lol love to hear it when u get it all installed. :addict:

Erik
September 26th, 2005, 11:33
Originally posted by mi021le
im in boras right now!!! lol love to hear it when u get it all installed. :addict:

Boras... Welcome to Sweden!

Going to Stockholm?

mi021le
September 26th, 2005, 12:13
Originally posted by Erik
Boras... Welcome to Sweden!

Going to Stockholm?
ya. thinking end of this week. :addict:

sleepy
September 26th, 2005, 12:15
Erik: Hi! No its a company called Autostradale AB who will build the exhaust. My first thought was race cats, but then I desided to go with no cats at all, just for the sound! I´ll have to change back to original when going to SPB for test but I can live with that.

mi021le: So you are in Boras right now? I guess the system will be finished by friday, you´re welcome to listen to it then!

mi021le
September 26th, 2005, 13:32
mi021le: So you are in Boras right now? I guess the system will be finished by friday, you´re welcome to listen to it then!
just to be humorous.. u know adam and johanna?

anyplaces i should check out in stockholm erik?

jay:addict:

Erik
September 26th, 2005, 13:36
Sorry Bajors6, this topic is now officially :harass: hi-jacked by people in Sweden.

On the serious side, I'm starting a new thread on topic in the off topic :vhmmm: Or we can use the pm function. :thumb:

BBGT2
September 26th, 2005, 16:41
Erik,

:D :D :D

It's alight YOU can hijack it any time you want.

Re: my issues with the Milltek DP's, the are saying that I WILL have to remapp the ECU to get rid of the CEL.
It makes sense as the Milltek gets rid of the smaller cats at the begining of the system, I just havent planned on spending more $$$ just yet. Pic of the system is to follow.

BBGT2
September 26th, 2005, 16:42
pic 1

BBGT2
September 26th, 2005, 16:43
pic 2

BBGT2
September 26th, 2005, 16:44
pic 3

BBGT2
September 26th, 2005, 16:46
pic 4

BBGT2
September 27th, 2005, 02:38
Talked to Bob @Stratmosphere and Milltek told them that it is uncommon for me to get the CEL due to the DP's.
Bob said to me that alot of people have called him (not dp installed) with RS6 coming back from work by Audi and a day later they get CEL's on. Seems that the airbox cover is a pain in the but to re-install once you take it off. Well at that point I already had the ECM and TCU out of the car ready to ship it to him for remapping and chip tuning. Went to the air box cover and took a look at the housing for the MAF sensors and could clearly see where excess air can be sucked in after the MAF therefore causing the "too lean" and "too rich" fault codes.
:eek: :eek:

So as for now I am awaiting my "stuff" to come back from Stratmosphere with new diverter valves and a 5.0 bar fuel pressure regulator, output should be around 550HP/550lbs as far as Bob can estimate with everything I have done so far. Either way I am confident with O.CT tuning as I have dealt with them in the past. Will post my impressions Wednsday on a another thread this one has about had it I think as I am sure everyone is sick and tired of me and my dilemas with the exhaust part of my car. On a different note, man is that Navigation a SWEET thing to have.

sleepy
September 27th, 2005, 12:08
just to be humorous.. u know adam and johanna?

anyplaces i should check out in stockholm erik?

jay:addict:

Yes I know Adam and Johanna =)

Benman
September 27th, 2005, 15:13

Will post my impressions Wednsday on a another thread this one has about had it I think as I am sure everyone is sick and tired of me and my dilemas with the exhaust part of my car.
Now why say a thing like that? This isn't audiworld afterall.:D

This is your thread, give as many updates as you like and we'll read them.:0: Hopefully all the codes get sorted out!

BBGT2
September 27th, 2005, 16:16
Benman :0:

You are coorect we are not Audi World here, that is true! :rs6kiss:

Now when are you gonna do the Nav System in your monster, trust me you will drool over it much like I am:D !
You take care my friend.

brab
September 27th, 2005, 18:52
Bajo, jebote pa svudje si!!! :)

Mozda zato sto imas toliko kola, HAAHAHAH!

BBGT2
September 27th, 2005, 19:04
Dje is komsija bre. Kako ide jesi li odje ili tamo?
Znas sta kazu nas Crnogoraca nema mnogo al smo lepo rasporedjeni, :D
Da znas da imam puno kola.

Pozdrav,:0:

Benman
September 27th, 2005, 19:47
Dje is komsija bre.

Que? No comprende que tu dice!

What language is that?

BBGT2
September 27th, 2005, 19:57
Ben,

It is my native tongue, I am talking in Serbian and Brab is talking Croatian.
Actually we are not talking we are typing :D :D .

When the hell are you gonna do something to that car of yours besides the sway bars?
:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

Erik
September 27th, 2005, 20:06
When the hell are you gonna do something to that car of yours besides the sway bars?

I say post of the week!!! LOL!!! :hihi:

:addict:

Benman
September 27th, 2005, 20:15
Ben,

:addict: :addict: :addict: :addict: :addict:

I do PLENTY. I DRIVE it!:D 30K miles and counting...:rs6kiss:

Seriously though, no mods for me at this time. I do not want any warranty "issues" coming up and the sway bars are not a very noticeable (to dealer) mod. Once warranty is up and I no longer need to worry about losing my "free" maintenance, then it will be a different story.:thumb: That, or the Bauer trademark S4 route.:D

OT, on the language, it' cool to hear (read) different stuff and learn where our members are from. As my wife is from Zacatecas, I've always respected ones who are fluent in multiple languages.:thumb:

Benman
September 27th, 2005, 20:17
Originally posted by Erik
I say post of the week!!! LOL!!! :hihi:

:addict: :bye2: :D

BBGT2
September 27th, 2005, 20:46
Benman,

I got ya buddy I understand, I am keeping my fingers crossed as far as that is concerned but it will be what it chooses to be, I thankfully have a GREAT relationship with my service advisor who wa ecstatic when I went to see him after I got this RS6. I have built up a good relationship with them and ALWAYS take care of them when I go in for service. Besides my brother has bought 3 cars from them in the last 3 years so they know how to make us happy, when I was there last time they got me the clear bra protection for $500 installed where I was quoted almost $1000 from other places I found locally.

Erik,

You too funny, enjoyed your article on the Ruf car.

Benman
September 27th, 2005, 20:51
Benman,

I have built up a good relationship with them.

they got me the clear bra protection for $500 installed where I was quoted almost $1000 from other places I found locally.

That is key. I've bought ZERO cars from them (bought it new from dealer, built up very good relationship with service manager, only for owners to SELL dealership to different city and building to someone ELSE!). So all I can give them is my service maintenance and start all OVER again with NEW service managers and such....:rolleyes:

$500.00 is a fantastic deal!:thumb:

mi021le
September 27th, 2005, 22:55
Yes I know Adam and Johanna =)
i know adams johanna, and the other johanna better. ;)

BBGT2
September 28th, 2005, 00:04
i know adams johanna, and the other johanna better. ;)

You got pictures of the OTHER Johanna:D :D :D :D :D :D !

mi021le
September 28th, 2005, 11:40
dude she used to drive my car to. but sadly no pics of both. :p

Fast One
September 30th, 2005, 16:47
Bajor6,you will love the car with the [OCT] chip,we have the same setup,[oct engine and tranny chip,diverter valves, fuel pressure regulator,milltek dp's and catback]very noticeable difference[especialy the chip]Waiting to hear your impressions. :addict: