PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong Scandal

gjg
August 31st, 2005, 21:26

PARIS, France, Associated Press, August 19, 11:00 PM --

Lance Armstrong's record setting seventh Tour de France victory, along with his entire Tour de France legacy, may be tarnished by what could turn out to be one of the greatest sports scandals of all time Armstrong is being quizzed by French police after three banned substances were found in his South France hotel room while on vacation after winning the 2005 Tour de France.

The three substances found were toothpaste, deodorant, and soap which have been banned by French authorities for over 75 years. Armstrong's girlfriend and American rocker Sheryl Crowe is quoted as saying "we use them every day in America, so we naturally thought they'd be ok throughout Europe." Along with these three banned substances, French authorities also physically searched Armstrong himself and found several other interesting items that they have never seen before, including a backbone and testicles.

:applause:

Mr Balsen
August 31st, 2005, 22:54
Ah, ah ah. this is very funny ! ! ! ! ! ! !

No really, I hope you were not trying to be funny. Because from I know when it is about parfum and fashion, you don't want to compair any country with France. The rest is legend from the 2nd wolrd war. It is the same about american wearing cow boy hat, having chewing gum and driving big cars

And to go back to the Lance Armstrong story, it is well know that they are ALL using drugs to be able to do a Tour de France. It is quite unrealistic to see a motorbike trying to follow Lance Armstrong in a downhill of the Alps mountain. Trying and not always succeeding. Sport is generating too much money to make me believe it is clean.

The shame is that the newspaper which published this article is owned by the same group which is organizing the "Tour de France". And how come this article is published after the "Tour de France" is finished and Lance Armstrong has retired ? ? ? ?

My 0,002 euros

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic

Benman
August 31st, 2005, 23:28
Originally posted by Mr Balsen
Ah, ah ah. this is very funny ! ! ! ! ! ! !

No really, I hope you were not trying to be funny.

it is well know that they are ALL using drugs to be able to do a Tour de France.

My 0,002 euros

Cheers from Paris,
Frederic
That is WHY it is SO funny!:D They ALL are at the "limit" of what is allowed, yet the pick on the American winner.:vhmmm:
And what is really, REALLY funny is that the urine sample they used as "proof" was nearly SEVEN years old! I mean COME ON people! Are you telling me, I'm suposed to believe that a urine sample never ONCE fell into the wrong hands in the course of SEVEN FREAKING YEARS! Give me a break (although honestly, I wouldn't be caught DEAD playing with urine, who wants THAT job!:D )! ANYONE could have jacked that sample (spiking the punch so to speak:p ).

And that is why it is FUNNY!:thumb:

:applause: :applause:

Ben:addict:

Benman
August 31st, 2005, 23:30
Originally posted by Mr Balsen
It is the same about american wearing cow boy hat, having chewing gum and driving big cars

Yep, ye'all do dat in der south. HEAAHHH, ride em cowboy!:incar:

Ben:addict: (As they said on Saturday Night Live, "Dem bats are smart, dem use R.A.D.A.R.:p ).

gjg
September 1st, 2005, 06:15
Hi Frederick,

this is follow up on story about recycling used condoms in France to a bubble gum exported to US :D

Benman
September 1st, 2005, 18:48
Originally posted by gjg
Hi Frederick,

this is follow up on story about recycling used condoms in France to a bubble gum exported to US :D
Woh! Good thing I don't chew gum!:D

Ben:addict: