PDA

View Full Version : Curbed 2 wheels in NJ

mmm def
August 25th, 2005, 01:33
Hey all,

My dad curbed the 2 passenger side rims today. One is horrible the other isn't that bad but any scratch is bad enough. So what options do we have, can curb rash be repaired? Anybody selling a pair? How about the replica wheels?

Also, does anybody know how much the wheels cost from the stealer?

I'm going to cry in a corner now.

Thanks all!!

Dave

nene
August 25th, 2005, 02:27
I think the replicas are a bit soft, and more prone to bending.
You should be able to fix curb rash and it might cost anywhere between $125 to $250 depending on how bad it looks.
Usually a new wheel will set you back around $400 if I remember correctly. Something around there.

Good luck and potholes are bad/bad/bad!!!

Benman
August 25th, 2005, 19:47
Originally posted by nene
I think the replicas are a bit soft, and more prone to bending.
You should be able to fix curb rash and it might cost anywhere between $125 to $250 depending on how bad it looks.
Usually a new wheel will set you back around $400 if I remember correctly. Something around there.

Good luck and potholes are bad/bad/bad!!!
I think the replacement wheels from factory are closer to $600 each, but I may be mistaken. I agree not to use aftermarket lookalikes.

As for repairs, the paint used is expensive (some companies call it Hypersilver?) and most repair guys don't get a great match. If you go that route, better to have them paint both of the wheels on that side so you can't tell.

My wife curbed one of my wheels some time ago, so I share your pain!:cry: Sucks, but I didn't want aftermarket paint on it, so I left it for the time being.

Ben:addict:

Erik
August 25th, 2005, 19:49
I wouldn't mix replicas with original.

:cry:

Aronis
August 25th, 2005, 21:20
Ouch.

I share your pain as well.

I am spoiled here, not many curbs.

Others have posted excellent results with wheel repair shops, don't recall when, less than a year ago....try searching.

Mike