PDA

View Full Version : Audi Movie!!!

Josers4imola
August 18th, 2005, 13:14
http://www.transporter2movie.com/trailer/trailer1_large.html

:0:

Clio16V
August 18th, 2005, 17:29
The first Transporter movie was also nice!

Julz RS4
August 20th, 2005, 19:23
The "Transporter" will change is underpowered BMW E38 735i for a luxurious and powerful Audi A8 W12. :hahahehe:

J0X
August 20th, 2005, 21:17
That SO seems to be my kind of movie. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've wanted to jump from one parking garage to another in an A8 6.0. ;)

Benman
August 22nd, 2005, 16:09
Originally posted by J0X
That SO seems to be my kind of movie. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I've wanted to jump from one parking garage to another in an A8 6.0. ;)
Yeah, I think about it almost every day:rolleyes: :D

Yep, A8 W12, a BIG step up from the 735 from last movie. Well, that one actually got blown up, so no sequel for THAT one.:D

Ben:addict:

k2
August 23rd, 2005, 22:12
The actual cars used in the movie (probably no big surprise) were poser A8Ls. I know this because they shot a good portion of the movie in Sth Florida and they rotated between two cars. When they would damage one car, it would come to Champion Audi to be repaired and I saw these cars there on many occasions. They beat the crap out of those A8s. The A8L and W12 are basically indistinguishable unless you know what you're looking for. I guess in Europe, the W12 is the one Audi that no one de-badges. I drove the W12 and they are deceptively quick. You look at he speedo and you are doing 30% more than you think ... too bad Audi priced these out of range for most daily drivers ... I thought about the Quat and the W12 ... but kept $60K in my pocket and got 4.2 SLine

FYI ... M400 will be delivered in November with Imola Yellow - Dean let me choose a special PPG. With the SnakeBite install I'm looking at a December driver.

Benman
August 23rd, 2005, 22:49
Originally posted by k2
The actual cars used in the movie (probably no big surprise) were poser A8Ls. They beat the crap out of those A8s.

FYI ... M400 will be delivered in November with Imola Yellow - Dean let me choose a special PPG. With the SnakeBite install I'm looking at a December driver.
Well, it's not exactly like they were driving the 735s in the last movie like grandmas:hahahehe: , so NO surprise they were beating these cars.

M400, as in Noble?

k2
August 23rd, 2005, 23:01
Yeah Ben

Noble it is ... I'm pretty stoked, but I am also talking to the Hunting Ridge guys about their Elise Motorsport car ... I just really prefer a NA track car over a boosted car ... that said, the boost in the M400 is very controllable and based on my 1/2 day demo in OH, the car really handles even better than my Elise.

At $79.5K, I think this car is a steal and will be worth quite a bit of money one day if you don't run it into the armco.

http://www.lotusofgreenwich.com/cars.php?cat=lotus&carid=570&subcat=track

Benman
August 23rd, 2005, 23:05
Originally posted by k2
Yeah Ben

At $79.5K, I think this car is a steal and will be worth quite a bit of money one day if you don't run it into the armco.

Noble is a GREAT car for the track. Was yours finished (with drivetrain) or did you put yours in after. Did you take a peak also at Ultimas before deciding on the Noble? Very similar cars with similar performance and prices.:cheers: