kenan
August 15th, 2005, 12:54
I Really like this on i just hop it wold look like this :applause:

Toto89
August 18th, 2005, 21:48
Very Nice:wo: I hope it will be as fast as Mercedes S65 AMG!:incar:

Benman
August 19th, 2005, 01:34
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't look just like that. The S cars seem to only differ in the bumpers from the normal A models. Bigger lower vents on your picture look nice, and a very similar version I'm sure will reach production.

Ben:addict:

FrenchAudi
August 31st, 2005, 00:51
To be released in the U.S in October 2006.

AUDIHenry
August 31st, 2005, 02:31
Originally posted by Toto89
Very Nice:wo: I hope it will be as fast as Mercedes S65 AMG!:incar:

The S65 is a V-12 twin turbo with 604 hp and 738 ft-lbs. As much as I love Audis (and even though I have a few complaints), the S6 WOULD NOT EVEN BE CLOSE to the $170,000 Mercedes. It will be outclassed, outpaced, and out-everything else.

absent
August 31st, 2005, 06:29
Originally posted by AUDIHenry
The S65 is a V-12 twin turbo with 604 hp and 738 ft-lbs. As much as I love Audis (and even though I have a few complaints), the S6 WOULD NOT EVEN BE CLOSE to the $170,000 Mercedes. It will be outclassed, outpaced, and out-everything else.
Not necessarily,
Some hints from Audi employees,I had an opportunity to talk to,suggest the S8 next Fall with twin turbo V10.
With a lower curb weight then the S-Class (significantly),Quattro for better traction and pricing comfortably above $100k,it may not be totally outpaced.

Toto89
August 31st, 2005, 09:44
Maybe S8 with a V8 bi-turbo(like in Pikes Peak-500hp)and I think there will be a more powerful normal W12 around 500hp and a W12 bi-turbo-600hp+.
Like in Mercedes ,but it's my opinion.

AUDIHenry
August 31st, 2005, 17:39
Mark my words: not gonna happen!

FrenchAudi
September 6th, 2005, 17:59
Originally posted by AUDIHenry
Mark my words: not gonna happen!

It will be a V10 with 450hp no turbos.

Toto89
September 6th, 2005, 18:49
Originally posted by FrenchAudi
It will be a V10 with 450hp no turbos.

Sorry to hear that it won't have turbos:eek:

clam
September 7th, 2005, 12:28
You shouldn't fall for the horspower number. Those x65 Mercedeses can't put that power on the ground. These cars are useless without the electronics that hold the engine back. Be sure that only a small portion of that engine's potential is being translated into forward movement.
An engine this big, in a chassis that can't handle it, is a waste of energy and money.

An S-car should be a good compromise between speed and practicality (which includes price and fuel economy). 600hp is too much. Not too many people will be interested in that. Remember that not everyone is an enthusiast, and puts performance before practicality.

There's always the RS- label or quality tuners, for those who need 600hp in their luxury sedan.

Bingocaller
September 7th, 2005, 13:59
Originally posted by clam
You shouldn't fall for the horspower number. Those x65 Mercedeses can't put that power on the ground. These cars are useless without the electronics that hold the engine back. Be sure that only a small portion of that engine's potential is being translated into forward movement.
An engine this big, in a chassis that can't handle it, is a waste of energy and money.

An S-car should be a good compromise between speed and practicality (which includes price and fuel economy). 600hp is too much. Not too many people will be interested in that. Remember that not everyone is an enthusiast, and puts performance before practicality.

There's always the RS- label or quality tuners, for those who need 600hp in their luxury sedan.

Well put - just my thoughts exactly