PDA

View Full Version : RS6 vs Viper SRT10 vs CLS55

NWRS6
August 12th, 2005, 23:23
Hi all:

Had a bit of fun with 2 cars yesterday. Stoplight race onto a straight bridge. Very safe. No possibility of cars merging or pedestrians. Dry road, optimum conditions for all cars.

3 lanes. Viper on my left and CLS 55 on my right. WE all give one another the nod. I turn off my AC and ESP and wait for the light to turn green.....FAST and FURIOUS for 10 seconds and.....

....the results:

3rd place: CLS 55. At the end of the bridge, it is about 2 car lengths behind me.

2nd place: RS6. I am about 2 car lengths behind the Viper. From 0-70 mph, the RS6 is dead even with the Viper. When the Viper shifts into 3rd gear, it pulls 1 car length. In 4th gear, it pulls another car length and that's it. Perhaps the driver was incompetent but those were the results.

1st place: Viper....but he had to try very very very hard.

Over the bridge at the next light, we all talk to one another. Very friendly.

CLS driver: Your car is FAST. Is it stock?

Viper: What is that? How much horsepower do you have?

Me: I tell a lie......." It's stock..450hp". The look on their faces...."PRICELESS".

Summary: RS6 is a BEAST not intimidated by Supercars.

Cheers.

Benman
August 13th, 2005, 01:09
:thumb:
I couldn't help smiling the whole time I was reading this post. This is exactly the kind of "kill" stories we need here. It is:

A: Totally immature
B: Totally guy like behavior
C: Totally politically incorrect and
D: Totally cool!
:D

I love it. We should not be afraid to share this stuff with everyone. I don't care HOW many people tell us "Yeah, right, your car ain't that fast and that other guy was probably a moron."

I say, you weren't there, so you don't know. I still get the thumbs up and the ocassional challenge.

Thanks for the story.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :rs6kiss:

gmbh6
August 13th, 2005, 03:47
Great story thanks! :addict:

NWRS6
August 13th, 2005, 03:53
Thanks bud.

Totally agree.

If we can't be "dorks" once in awhile, what's the point of buying a 450 hp car??? Right?

I've had 911 Turbo's, SL 55's etc. etc. and they are all great cars but the RS6 is REALLY special and dear to my heart. It is my favourite all-around car.

And for those who don't approve, I get my thrills 99% of the time from track days....and this "race" was safe. There wasn't any weaving in and out of traffic etc. It lasted all of 10 seconds on a straight "deserted" bridge.....

Sometimes, we need these little "stories" to really appreciate the RS6's inner strengths.

Ruergard
August 13th, 2005, 10:03
That's the way we like it... :D
Fun reading, keep this sort of stories comming!

Bingocaller
August 13th, 2005, 16:55
Great Great loving every bit of it ! Thats the way to go :0:

But CLS55 in third that puzzles me - If im correct it runs dead with the E60 M5, and it has auto, so its just to push the pedal? But hey RS6 = fourwheeldrive so that just proves that this is the future if u want to be somebody

But again great story - keep im coming :addict: :race:

mi021le
August 13th, 2005, 17:27
:addict: never really get a chance to see what these cars can do.

NWRS6
August 14th, 2005, 00:23
HI all. I think that chipping the RS6 definitely gave me the edge over the CLS55. I do also have an SL55, and the RS6 beats it off the line every time.

The SL55 has horrible traction off the line in the dry. In the wet, forget about it....

If anyone is interested, here is the link to my comparison with my 996 Turbo when the RS6 was still stock.

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4147

Duma
August 14th, 2005, 14:38
Great story. :addict: :0: