Tires F-R: 225/40 ZR18
Driveline: All Wheel Drive
Exterior Dimensions & Weight
Length × Width × Height in: n.a.
Weight lb (kg): n.a.
Performance
Acceleration 0-62 mph s: 6.2
Top Speed mph (km/h): 155 (250)
Fuel Economy EPA city/highway mpg (l/100 km): n.a.

Base Price: 2006 Volkswagen Golf R32 - 32,200 €

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/golfr3206_engine.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/golfr3206_seats.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/golfr3206_inter.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/golfr3206_05.jpg

http://www.rsportscars.com/foto/08/golfr3206_09.jpg

more pics & info's @ http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/golf_r32.asp

Benman
August 11th, 2005, 19:18
Well that's just GREAT! Even the 250hp (no change from previous model) Golf gets the RS 4 seats AND steering wheel, but US customers DON'T!:w: :vgrumpy:

I thought they were saying it would have more HP?:vhmmm:

Ben:addict:

mr
August 12th, 2005, 07:35
Posted by Benman:

I thought they were saying it would have more HP?
I thought that also .... when you consider, that the GOLF MK IV R32 had at about 240 hp -> 250 is not really much more.

but there are still rumours of the MK V R36 which should deliver at about 300 hp -> well ... let's see!!!

Klint
August 12th, 2005, 10:47
Are these genuine pictures from VW AG?

Seems abit of an inferior product compared to the previous generation R32.

Even that was rumoured to be producing around the 250hp ball park figure, despite the factory's claims of 240. Unless they've managed to reduce the weight considerably? :confused:

It looks way too conservative compared to the older R32. This is a tarted up granny cart to go shopping in. Dissappointing!

Guaranteed though, the handling will be up there.

Benman
August 12th, 2005, 15:34
Originally posted by Klint

Unless they've managed to reduce the weight considerably? :confused:

Guaranteed though, the handling will be up there.
Seriously doubt that it weights less than the old one. Cars NEVER weight less than the model they replace. Even the new RS 4 weights slightly more than the old model, despite all their efforts to take weight out.

And yes, everyone that has driven the new GTI says it is excellent, so I see no reason to think the R32 will be any less impressive. I'm just a little dissapointed it didn't get more punch.:vhmmm:

JavierNuvolari
August 12th, 2005, 20:04
MMMmmm.... I certainly don't like the desing...not sure about the figures either, I think the front bumper needs a big air intake like one in the Mk IV...it would look a lot better ;)

Cheers,

JavierNuvolari

Audihead
August 15th, 2005, 22:12
Originally posted by Benman
Well that's just GREAT! Even the 250hp (no change from previous model) Golf gets the RS 4 seats AND steering wheel, but US customers DON'T!:w: :vgrumpy:

I thought they were saying it would have more HP?:vhmmm:

My thoughts exactly, *&^%$# VW/AUDI !

Klint
August 16th, 2005, 08:46
Originally posted by Audihead
My thoughts exactly, *&^%$# VW/AUDI !

How do you know it isn't VAG and not the American legislation?

Audihead
August 16th, 2005, 16:06
Originally posted by Klint
How do you know it isn't VAG and not the American legislation?

Just one example. The Lambo can have a flat bottom wheel here and the Audi can't, B.S..

http://www.fourtitude.com/gallery/albums//Lamborghini/Gallardo/Interior/002.jpg

Benman
August 16th, 2005, 16:40
Just one example. The Lambo can have a flat bottom wheel here and the Audi can't, B.S..

Actually, Klint is correct. It is mostly US red tape. Yes, the Gallardo HAS a flat bottomed wheel, but our government wants to be sure that wheel is "safe" and charges the manufacture all kinds of fees to make sure it is safe. I do not have the exact figure, but rest assured it is VERY ridiculous!

Let's say it is $800,000.00 for the "safety" inspection. And believe me, this is not unrealistic. Remember that there will be as many Gallardos in this country as there will be RS 4s. If there is 1100 Gallardos and RS 4s shipped here, that's almost $730.00 in added fees to each car just for the wheel. Now add the same kind of fee for the "unsafe" seats (remember, they're PLENTY safe for the citizens of Autobahn land, but not safe for us with our 70mph speed limits!:rolleyes: ), and now you're tacking on nearly $1500.00 on TOP of the already unpleasant price of high $70Ks.

Rest assured, these "safety" inspections have nothing to do with safety, and everything to do with FREE $$$ for the G Men :deal: .

It is FAR easier for the Gallardo (because of it's price) to absorb these fees than it is for a RS 4 or for that matter a R32. The IRONIC thing, is it even affects American cars!!! Take the European ONLY Focus RS! There was TOO MANY FEES to get it here in the States! So it was only sold in Europe, despite ALL the car journalist begging for them to bring it Stateside!!!Talk about ironic!:doh:

Don't get me wrong, it still SUCKS and I share your pain. It goes back to what I said about why is it ok for base model Hyudais to have NO side seat air bags and NOT ok for the RS 4? Because when you absorb the $1,000,000.00 fee over 400,000 Hyudais, it's much cheaper than absorbing the same fee over 1100 RS 4s! Sucks, don't it!:w:

Audihead
August 16th, 2005, 22:19
But if they are certified good in other things that Audi owns and produces why wouldn't it be o.k. in the RS4? Makes no sense at all. You had a great point, if it's good enough for high-speed Autobahn, why not our slow roads. This whole thing be-lows big time, sorry for highjacking part of this thread.:vgrumpy:

Benman
August 17th, 2005, 00:05
But if they are certified good in other things that Audi owns and produces why wouldn't it be o.k. in the RS4?
Because it's not even good enough for the same MODEL! Can you believe THAT crap!!!

Remember how we didn't get the RS 6 Avant Stateside? Do you know why? It is because Audi did not feel like spending the huge fees for "certifying" the RS 6 Avant for the US when it ALREADY spent the :deal: for the sedan to come Stateside. Our G Men, in ALL their brillance insisted that all the fees and certs for the sedan were simply not good for the Avant (even though the S6 Avant was ALREADY HERE!!!). SO asked for the same amount and whole process, once again, for the wagon!

So Audi said, "#$%@!!! you guys, we just won't send the Avant over there, it ain't worth it!"

The G Men said, "cool, but everyone will blame YOU!:harass: " which most of us did down to this day.

Also same reason, the S4 got the Recaros but not the RS 6. Audi could absorb the cost over the 10,000-15,000 S4s they have sold much easier than the 1100 or so RS 6s. Remember, same seat, different car, is now a totally different seat in the eyes of the FEDs.

And yes, it does "be-low big time"!:w:

Ben:addict: (sorry to help the hijacking:D )