PDA

View Full Version : Car export prices?

J0X
August 9th, 2005, 17:45
Been checking out eBay.de and Mobile.de and have on several occasions come across what appears to be dealer / export prices, so-called "Händlerpreis". And more often than not, they are insanely low compared to the equivalents which makes them attractive but smells fishy.

If I understand correctly, it pretty much means they are intended for dealer to dealer purchases and if I was to buy it I would have to add the VAT (is it 16%?).

Should I beware of such cars? Is there a reason for the dealer to do this sort of thing unless something actually is wrong with the vehicle? If it breaks down on the way down home, the dealer has no responsibility whatsoever?

Sorry, really don't know where else to ask, and I don't want to ask the dealer seeing as he'd probably glorify the meaning of his Händlerpreis.

Cheers

J0X
August 14th, 2005, 21:07
Thanks, I'll put a lot of thought into your christmas gifts this year! :( :P

Klint
August 14th, 2005, 22:47
J0X,

There's a variety of factors, factoring guarantess on these cars, many European manufacturers offer a Euro-Wide guarantee, depends what the factory offers from the begining.

Personally I wouldn't rely on third party guarantees if you intend on shipping the car out of country.

As for VAT - in the Uk at least, that's 17.5%.

If your registered for VAT (which you could be, if you have business interests/residentcy in the UK) it wont matter, VAT has to be paid as a general accounting rule on cars in the UK, whether for business purposes or not.

Nordschleife
August 15th, 2005, 13:33
In Germany, cars which have been owned by a business (almost every expensive car) can be sold net of tax to another business, or have the tax reclaimed on export.
Its all part of the dodgy economy

R+C