PDA

View Full Version : 19X8.5 Wheel Offset

BlackRS6
August 7th, 2005, 15:09
I am ordering a set of new Fikse wheels and I trying to select the correct offset for 19 X 8.5 wheels. I currently have a set of 18 X 8.5 Fikse wheels with an offset of 38mm (recommmendation of the distributer) and the wheels sit about 1/2 an inch inside the fender vs. the stock wheels (with winter tires). There is also very little space between the brakes and the rims. Given there is clearly room for an 8mm shift I was thinking of ordering the 19 X 8.5 wheels with a 30mm offset.

Am I looking at this correctly...I have done a search and there seems to be several different answers to the offset question.

JAXRS6
August 7th, 2005, 17:25
I was told by a Florida dealer that the offset on the US RS6 OEM wheels (18 x 8.5, not 19's) is 30 mm. That's all I know.

gjg
August 7th, 2005, 18:05
Stock 19" offset is 20 mm

360M
August 15th, 2005, 19:52
I would look into another retailer. You should be at about 20mm offset. 30-38mm is about right for most Audi models but not the RS6, S6 or A6 4.2.

BlackRS6
August 15th, 2005, 21:22
I learned through this process that Fiske doesn't actually offer a customized offset, they only offer 2 options for 8.5" wheels (38mm or 25 mm). I'm not wild about finding this out after the fact...I am looking into HRE for the 19" wheels now.

Thanks for the responses.

gregoryindiana
August 16th, 2005, 03:46
Originally posted by BlackRS6
I am looking into HRE for the 19" wheels now.

His name is Mr. Mike Duffy

This gentleman at HRE was very helpful.

His email is miked@hrewheels .com.

He sent me an interesting reply to a question I had about reverse drop center wheels.

"Wheels that have a "reverse drop center" have the potential to trap water during heavy rain and may cause vibrations at high speeds.
The reverse wheels feature the flat outer lip that's craved by the majority of customers, many of whom drive high end cars that aren't driven in inclement weather and/or they live in California (which doesn't get much precipitation).
This can't be engineered out of the reverse design.
If you live in an area with heavy rain and your car is a daily driver, then I suggest the regular 545 style.
The only difference is that the outer lip will have a 1/2 inch step at the edge of the lip rather than being completely flat."

HRE does not sell direct, as far as I know, but Mr. Duffy will put you in touch with one of their dealers.

Someone on this site had a nice set of the HRE wheels, with photos; it should be searchable. The nice thing about HRE, although not unique, is that the wheels are made to order, so you can get the exact offset you need. Further, since you aren't the first to put them on an RS6, they should have a handle on what has worked before.