PDA

View Full Version : Winding Road Magazine

Finnus
August 5th, 2005, 13:59
I know this is off topic, but I started this thread here because I thought more people would see it.

A friend of mine just sent me this info on a free online magazine devoted to high-end cars. It's well rpoduced graphically and appears to have excellent info and pics.

I thought it was worth sharing:

Finnus

Benman
August 5th, 2005, 15:27
Originally posted by Finnus

I thought it was worth sharing:

Finnus
Bob, the magazine looks cool and I would like to add it to all the other mags I have. Problem is I literally have BOXES and BOXES in my garage FULL of nothing BUT car mags! Not even to mention all the comic books I have!

Now, my wife is the bomb and all, but if I get any more, it might be the straw that broke the camels back!:cry: :D

Ben :addict:

nyrs6
August 5th, 2005, 18:52
Originally posted by Benman
Bob, the magazine looks cool and I would like to add it to all the other mags I have. Problem is I literally have BOXES and BOXES in my garage FULL of nothing BUT car mags! Not even to mention all the comic books I have!

Now, my wife is the bomb and all, but if I get any more, it might be the straw that broke the camels back!:cry: :D

Ben :addict:

Same here :hihi: we already get Motortrend, Car & driver, Road and track, European Car, Eurotuner, GM high perf, and some more i cant think of and the new speed by road and track. There are soo many car mags out there. You just cant keep up with all of them.

Finnus
August 6th, 2005, 11:35
Problem is I literally have BOXES and BOXES in my garage FULL of nothing BUT car mags!

Ben,

I read-em and either pass them on or thow them out. I've kept only have one hardcopy subscription active - Car. It's an UK publication and its the best out of the lot IMO (only problem is you have to get the current conversion rate of pounds to #). I let all of the others run out.

Winding Road is online and deals with all of the high end/performance cars, so it won't fill up your garage or add to those piles of unread stuff around the house.

Besides, its a 1st rate presentation graphically & its great just to look at the pictures.

Finnus

:addict:

JAXRS6
August 6th, 2005, 18:10
I read a comparo of the Mustang, 350Z and Cooper S that I thought was spot on, having driven all three. But the text type is small; even with reading glasses my eyes tired easily. So, of course, I emailed the editor -- saying kudos on content but please make type larger! :D

Overall I welcome the idea of an online-only car mag. I have a lot of accumulated older issues, too, but found some local charitable organizations that welcome them. One is a church that feeds the indigent weekly, plus offers clothing & magazines; the other is a kidney foundation, where I think patients who must undergo dialysis enjoy having things to read.

Aronis
August 7th, 2005, 21:55
Ben,

You need a 12x24 foot shed to either store those magazines, or live in when your wife gets tire of them blocking her parking spot...LOL....

Or scan them into your computer! now that would be a big project.....:)...

Mike

Benman
August 8th, 2005, 15:03
Originally posted by Aronis

Or scan them into your computer! now that would be a big project.....:)...

Mike
Maybe when I'm retired.:p

Ben:addict: