PDA

View Full Version : How is everyones interior holding up?

nyrs6
August 1st, 2005, 04:16
27,000 miles and 2 years ours just has a worn out peice on the door handle area.

I know Audi has a reputation for quality interior's. Anyone having a problem with the beasts interior like the suede or the carbon fiber. Any excessive wear?

Just curious because just noticed it in ours. The rest of the interior is holding up pretty good.

audi713
August 1st, 2005, 04:28
Maybe you need to stop man handelingyour door :D:hihi:

Aronis
August 1st, 2005, 15:13
I have 25000 miles on mine, and with a dog, an 8 year old and a 6 month old, the car interior is holding up very well.

Of course I clean it frequently and apply leather conditioner etc....

My windshield is the biggest problem, followed by the paint. I have three rock chips.......for some reason, this car and my prior A6 have just the right shape to send rocks to the windshield. I drove two prior 3 series BMW's (1994 325 is and 1997 M3) and not a single rock hit to the windshields. Strange !!!

Mike

nyrs6
August 1st, 2005, 15:33
Originally posted by audi713

To tell you the truth, as a passanger most of the time i hold on to the handle pretty tight :D sometimes you just got to hold on at 140 mph :D

Benman
August 1st, 2005, 15:51
Originally posted by audi713
:hihi:

I think it definately does depend on how things are treated/taking care of. When some members here have seen my interior (especially seats) they comment on how they look brand freaking new. I think it helps that I only weight 157lbs and that my wife only weights 88lbs!:hahahehe: I'm quite sure that has a LOT to do with it.:D

As for the rest of the interior, I agree with Aronis. It's holding up very well (our little girl is not allowed to eat in the car.:nono: ).

Ben:addict:

jimmy94507
August 1st, 2005, 16:45
Both front door interior handles are showing wear. There appears to be a rubberized coating over the plastic which is wearing off, or lifting, in some areas. Dealer claims AoA will not replace them since Audi says its caused by hand lotion, etc. and its a supplier problem. I say BS. I don't use hand lotion. It did not ocurr in my 2000 A6 4.2 in the 48,000 mi., 3+ years that I owned it yet is has happened in my RS6 in less than 20,000 mi.

Anyone else having a similar problem? Have you discussed it with your service advisor? Otherwise, the interior is holding up great!

Regards, Jim

Bauer
August 1st, 2005, 18:58
I have the some problem.....when I take the car in for service I am going to request they replace under warranty.

oh and I am on my 3rd windsheild and it has a chip.....I have replaced it more in this can then anyother.

LIRS6
August 1st, 2005, 19:34
There appears to be a rubberized coating over the plastic which is wearing off, or lifting, in some areas.

I as well have this issue ... a very small strip of rubber coating has started to peel off. I have not as yet discussed with the dealer. And no, I don't use hand lotions etc.

Benman
August 1st, 2005, 20:08
Originally posted by jimmy94507
Both front door interior handles are showing wear. Audi says its caused by hand lotion, etc. and its a supplier problem. I say BS. I don't use hand lotion.

Anyone else having a similar problem?
Hey there Jimmy:cheers:
I'd say BS as well! Hand lotion my bootie! Haven't noticed anything like that, but after your description, I'll double check.

Hmm.. now that I think of it, the misses seems to use hand lotion.:vhmmm: :D

nyrs6
August 1st, 2005, 21:30
"Both front door interior handles are showing wear. There appears to be a rubberized coating over the plastic which is wearing off, or lifting, in some areas."

Thats exactly what happend to ours. It seems like most owners are having that problem. Is it possible to replace that rubber piece? Is it costly?

nyrs6
August 1st, 2005, 21:32
"Of course I clean it frequently and apply leather conditioner etc...."

Aronis do you do it youreself or do you send it out to be done?

s42ski
August 2nd, 2005, 03:06
Count one more with front interior door handle (drivers side) flaking off some sort of covering. Had it replaced along with a couple of other small stuff ( front plate holder, battery cover hold down bracket) during the beasts one month "vacation" - all fixed under warranty. The "vacation" was"tails of woe" post a month ago. Got it back from the shop today. javascript:smilie(':rs6kiss:')
RS6 Kiss

gjg
August 2nd, 2005, 08:10
Originally posted by nyrs6
Thats exactly what happend to ours. It seems like most owners are having that problem. Is it possible to replace that rubber piece? Is it costly?

if everything else fails you can always get color matching piece of duct tape (availablie in local WallMart in WV and KY) to get more permanent fix ...... :applause: :applause:

Wang
August 2nd, 2005, 08:49
I have 22K miles and have no visible wear on interior. Driver seat shows some creasing in the leather from sitting but that is about it. I weigh around 120lbs and use Lexol on the leather and minimize any potential of rough or sharp objects from attacking the interior. The interior looks so well done, I just cant see abusing it so I do everything that I can to keep it original. Sounds anal, but I get compliments that the interior looks showroom new. I even put a microfiber towel over the floor mats where my feet rests.:addict: :rs6kiss:

Benman
August 2nd, 2005, 15:02
Originally posted by gjg
if everything else fails you can always get color matching piece of duct tape (availablie in local WallMart in WV and KY) to get more permanent fix ...... :applause: :applause:
That is just WRONG George, just wrong...:nono: :D

Originally posted by Wang
Sounds anal, but I get compliments that the interior looks showroom new. I even put a microfiber towel over the floor mats where my feet rests.
Wow, that IS anal!:bigeyes:

Ben:addict: (forgot to check last night!:doh: Will do tonight)

nene
August 2nd, 2005, 15:24
26K miles... 2+ years ... Silver interior.

All of it is holding up pretty good. The exception:

1. Side bolters on the drivers side seat is showing signs of age. You can see some wrinkles. But that is all my fault. Although I do use a good leather cleaner to keep the interior looking nice, I don't apply the leather softener product as much as I should. As such, the wrinkles usually start to appear with higher frequency. However, other seats aren't showing this sort of aging process, possibly because it is not being used as much.

iconcls
August 2nd, 2005, 21:09
This door handle wear issues is from all bling rings you pimps be wearin'

Benman
August 3rd, 2005, 21:22
Originally posted by iconcls
This door handle wear issues is from all bling rings you pimps be wearin'
Yeah... Jimmy and Bauer don't seem to be the Blinging Pimpy type. Just my opinion.:rolleyes: :p

Checked mine last night. Nothing. Seems perfect.

One thing I did notice though, was on the "RS 6" emblem on the steering wheel, the black around the chrome letters is wearing off. Very small, but noticeable when looking for it. Anyone else?

I have plenty of paint, so at least that is something I have a cure for.

DaveyKid
August 7th, 2005, 13:59
They admit it is a defective part. Don't settle for anything less. It's actually the entire interior door piece that has to be replaced.

ott
August 7th, 2005, 20:31
After 4 years and 153 000 km, drivers floormat and windshield should be changed, steering wheel and drivers seat leather are showing wear. When weather is dry, front seats are squeaking. No other problems. Car has black leather/alcantra interior and cf trim. Alcantra holds up very well.

Aronis
August 7th, 2005, 21:46
[i]
Aronis do you do it youreself or do you send it out to be done? [/B]

I do it all myself! Cleaning the car is therapy.

I did two coats of wax in the hospital parking lot while waiting to do a late case a few weeks ago.LOL.

My seats are in need of a new coat of conditioner...I need to get some more.

Did IPOD install this past Friday night, after everyone is in bed of course, or I am a lepper...

Wife did not mind my spending two hours putting new break pads in her Maxima....three year old car with 12,000 miles and one rear was down to metal, the caliper was jambed. Dam....took me 1.5 hours to get it correct again...other side took 15 minutes LOL. Front took 45 the next morning.....running on....LOL...car breaks like new! Or better now....

I'll be doing my RS6 breaks soon I would imagine, did not look yet...

I'd change the tires on the wheels myself by don't want to spend 18,000 on the machine, fortuately a friend here has a shop and that machine...I'll let him replace the tires but if he scratches my rims I will put his colon back in...LOL

:race:

JAXRS6
August 8th, 2005, 01:46
I just checked & found plasticky stuff peeling off the door handle arm rest, right front only. My side, which gets a lot more use because most of my driving is solo, looks fine.

G/F says she uses body lotion after a shower, but not hand lotion, and besides she is not in the car enough that it should make any difference. I agree.

She has a small dog, who sometimes puts his paws on the armrest. Again, though, the dog is only rarely along for the ride.

Thanks for posts to date. I will insist this be taken care of under warranty at my next service appointment, which is my last under factory warranty. Odo at 43K mi.

got boost
October 23rd, 2009, 13:55
The lid on the center arm rest just broke off.

Anyone ever replace? cost?

Thanks

MaxRS6
October 23rd, 2009, 16:17
The lid on the center arm rest just broke off.

Anyone ever replace? cost?

Thanks

armrest part was $138; labor $18 for a total of $156

mmaturo
October 23rd, 2009, 17:18
armrest part was $138; labor $18 for a total of $156

Just had mine sorta break last year...would not latch anymore. Was under CPO warranty though (not sure how...i guess the latch part was the saving grace). Anyway i remember it being surprisingly cheaper than i thought with new leather and all. I think the part is closer to $200 now then quick labor.

RS6-4dr911
October 23rd, 2009, 18:17
My armrest lid broke shortly after I got it 3yrs ago. Just bought one from a salvage and swapped the lids - leather grain doesn't match but color is close enough.

Took the salvage armrest and modified to hold my portable printer inside of it. Just need to figure out how to unbolt the assembly now.

Based on above I should've just bought the replacement part.

Hy Octane
October 23rd, 2009, 19:17
Had all inner door panels replaced under warranty due to rubberized coating peeling off..as well as both seat memory button panels and radio as well as climate control panel.. all for peeling coating.. All warranty.

peiserg
October 23rd, 2009, 21:08
all 4 of my door handles peeled. the sa advised rather than replace, i should completely peel it so its uniform. mine actually peeled within 10k miles. hand lotion? aret hey fucking joking? even if thats true.. you cant have an audi and use hand ccreams?

Benman
October 23rd, 2009, 22:04
Man, mabye I baby my car too much but I have not had any interior issues.... YET! ;)

mmaturo
October 23rd, 2009, 23:24
Had all inner door panels replaced under warranty due to rubberized coating peeling off..as well as both seat memory button panels and radio as well as climate control panel.. all for peeling coating.. All warranty.

Lucky. I was refused under original and CPO warranty for the peeling. Previous owner of mine in the first year had the peeling on the front handles and they were spray painted with something. its ok but not great. Subsequently i could not get those two replaced due to the half arse already in place fix. Still not sure how they reason that one as i'm not the original owner (to go back to their dealer and say try again) and it clearly failed anyway. I got one HVAC unit replaced for switches wearing though (+ - signs wearing away...first owner did it with her nails). Rears are finally starting to peel in the upper 70K miles. Oh well. Light switch in my car needs replacing as well now but too expensive for aesthetic reasons only.

Everything else else looks great still. Except scratches on my aluminum surround on my shifter...that none are from me but rather the million service visits.

R1
October 24th, 2009, 04:41
I have 25000 miles on mine, and with a dog, an 8 year old and a 6 month old, the car interior is holding up very well.

Of course I clean it frequently and apply leather conditioner etc....

My windshield is the biggest problem, followed by the paint. I have three rock chips.......for some reason, this car and my prior A6 have just the right shape to send rocks to the windshield. I drove two prior 3 series BMW's (1994 325 is and 1997 M3) and not a single rock hit to the windshields. Strange !!!

Mike

because you drive your RS faster than your BM's :hahahehe:

snoopra
October 24th, 2009, 06:50
Everything else else looks great still. Except scratches on my aluminum surround on my shifter...that none are from me but rather the million service visits.
I would have them replace the shifter surround.

My front handles are also peeling. Crappy design/application. Oh, and I scratched the steering wheel surround when installing the GPS antenna for the RNS-E:doh: (didn't following instructions/warning to place a towel there)

BenA
October 24th, 2009, 13:42

Has anyone had any luck getting the peeling rubberized door handles replaced under the Fidelity warranty? Mine are all peeling as well - Audi service said most do that and it was a terrible design and material... but they can't help me. They didn't recommend replacing because they didn't think the design/material has changed and it would just happen again. They also recommended peeling off all of the coating so it's just uniform black plastic.

got boost
November 18th, 2009, 19:48
I went ahead and bought a new armrest lid.

Part# 4B0-864-245-AP-22A

$149.60

The leather texture doesnt match, kind of a coarse leather versus the original smooth leather. At least it is black. Install was easy, just make sure that the lid is installed in the fully open position. There are little "nibs" on the end of the hinges that must line up to go in.

mmaturo
November 18th, 2009, 20:05
I went ahead and bought a new armrest lid.

Part# 4B0-864-245-AP-22A

$149.60

The leather texture doesnt match, kind of a coarse leather versus the original smooth leather. At least it is black. Install was easy, just make sure that the lid is installed in the fully open position. There are little "nibs" on the end of the hinges that must line up to go in.

Not a bad price at all. Interesting on your leather comment....obviously its up to the cow at the time of manufacture but my replacement in 'silver' is actually way smoother/softer than my original one was that had more texture to it and seemed thicker like my seats. Kinda glad as it is way easier to keep clean.

bruce
November 18th, 2009, 21:12
all 4 of my door handles peeled. the sa advised rather than replace, i should completely peel it so its uniform. mine actually peeled within 10k miles. hand lotion? aret hey fucking joking? even if thats true.. you cant have an audi and use hand ccreams?

I have had two and both have peeling at the handles. I just peeled off the coating and now it's just a little darker.

Yellow RS6
November 18th, 2009, 21:21
Overall, I think my interior has held up very well considering it's 6 years old. From the records, it looks like the drivers side handle was replaced under original warranty at 49,xxx miles. The passenger side does have a little peeling now, but I have no peeling or fading of the letters/symbols, on my radio controls, HVAC, or seat memory buttons.

portos
November 19th, 2009, 17:39
The passenger side does have a little peeling now, but I have no peeling or fading of the letters/symbols, on my radio controls, HVAC, or seat memory buttons.

Maybe I'm a bit European here, but why would the symbols or radio controls peel or fade? I haven't had that on any of my cars, and I have had some old bangers, I can tell you =)

Including a couple of Citroens with pneumatic suspension... Very nice on a bumpy road but mostly crap in the corners...

Usually the only thing needing replacing are the bulbs behind the dash when the car gets to be around 10 years old and has 150K miles on the meter...

Yellow RS6
November 19th, 2009, 17:46
I don't understand why they would either, mine haven't. But I looked at an RS6 for someone back in the Summer, with 13K miles less than mine (at the time), and the 1 and 2 on the driver's side seat memory buttons were almost completely gone, you could barely see them, plus some of the dash buttons (I think the + - on the temp controls) were fading.

SIKAudi
November 19th, 2009, 19:40
50k, interior is in amazing shape. rubberized coating on door handles rubbed off and I have only replaced the cup holder. The center console needs a new door and latch (minor issues). The onle major issue was the rear mechanical sun shade didn't work but it was taken care of under warranty at 35k and I haven't had any other issues.

SIKAudi
November 19th, 2009, 19:46
Mike,
If you drive fast enough no one will be in front of you to kick rocks at you, hence no rock chips! LOL! JK...

Mike[/quote]