PDA

View Full Version : Need your advice on Rip Off Dealer...

gmbh6
July 29th, 2005, 00:24
Now normally I don't get so "hot" over things like this. I talk to the GM or the Owner and let them know what kind of employees they have working for them..........I then let them do something about the problem.

I'm a business owner too and I always appreciate it when customers tell me directly of a bad experience.

But today I'm pissed!

I spent the last two day tracking down tires for the Cayenne and apparently......I didn't need too.

The Cayenne had one low tire and I sent it too Pacific Porsche. It is still under warranty and I was hoping they would cover it. Instead I get a call that the tire has a nail and two others are low in tread? Really? I had just done the penny test and the others were fine.

Well......that's okay I've been wanting to change the Continental's for Michelin's anyway.....

So I pick up the car today and ask for the old tires.........

"umm the old tires.....they all had nails in them sir..........i don't think they're here anymore"

Really?.....can you look.?

15 minutes later....."here's one.....see.....it has a nail in it"

Where's the other 3?

"Think they may have taken them"

Really....they took the good one's and left the bad one.

"Yeah the boss doesn't like to see tires laying around so we have to get rid of them" (steal them)

10 minutes later another tire are produced from behind some vehicles.........it is a continental but it doesn't look like the other one.........10 minutes later another one is produced. he insists on showing me the nail (as if I'm too dumb to realize they took all that time to hammer a nail in there) but I'm late for a meeting and tell him I'll be back tomorrow for all 4.

I told him I was born at night but not last night. I knew they were trying to take the tires...........he says that I should have told him that I wanted them. :doh:

So what should I do?

I'm going to talk to the owner but I don't really like getting people in trouble. Even people that tried to screw me........but now I can only assume that they we're trying to steal the tires from the beginning and made me replace them all on purpose.

I expect this at the Chevy dealer but I guess the Porsche is no different.

The problem is that this is the only Porsche dealer in the area.......so either I look the other way or I make them pay for all of my tires and the labor so I don't sick my attorney on them and contact consumer affairs and all that good stuff........man who has the time.

p.s. Erik I know this is in the wrong section......sorry but it will get more views here.

Klint
July 29th, 2005, 00:51
Kid,

I wouldn't get fizzed up over it....:)

They "shouldn't" re-fit the tyres once they are second hand due to the sidewalls, they'd go soo weak at being re-fitted that it would be a major safety hazard.

Benman
July 29th, 2005, 01:32
Originally posted by Klint
Kid,

I wouldn't get fizzed up over it....:)

This is sound advice.

The law states (in California) that a customer who wishes to retain old (used) parts needs to state at the beggining of the job that they wish to retain them. Otherwise, shop (etc...) can dispose of (or steal) said parts at their discretion.

Not trying to piss you off more (as I'm on your side) but legally, there is little you can do. Sorry mate.

Ben:addict:

gmbh6
July 29th, 2005, 05:25
I knew I could count on Klint & Benman.......thanks guys.

I know legally there is little recourse but an unhappy customer is something a dealership does not want.

What gets me is that they actually hammered nails in the good tires..............next time I'll make sure to mention it at the begining that I want the tires back.

Well that dealership is still gonna get an earful tomorrow........and yes......in front of the customers :argue: :D

:bye:

Bauer
July 29th, 2005, 07:46
I would put the manager on notice that you were not happy about what happend but let it go. That way in the future they will pay closer attention to you.

I will tell my dealer I am not happy, but in a professional way (aka no yelling and swearing) about something and thank them when they get someting right. I have even gone so far to write personal thank you notes to my service writer and tech for good jobs done.

My feeling is you need to reward good service and point out bad service.

Good luck

Benman
July 29th, 2005, 15:11
Originally posted by Bauer
I would put the manager on notice that you were not happy about what happend but let it go. That way in the future they will pay closer attention to you.

I will tell my dealer I am not happy, but in a professional way (aka no yelling and swearing) about something and thank them when they get someting right. I have even gone so far to write personal thank you notes to my service writer and tech for good jobs done.

My feeling is you need to reward good service and point out bad service.

Good luck
Well said Bauer.

Yes, no swearing or yelling. As a business owner, you can appreciate how it feels when one of your customers turns into a :vgrumpy: because of something one of your employees did. The world is full of *&^% so best not to let yourself become one. If even for a brief moment.:cheers:

gmbh6
July 29th, 2005, 16:39
Man you guys are no fun..........do you work for my dealer? heheh.

.......okay no swearing & yelling............besides I'm already over it but I still have to "vent"..........can't be a push-over either...........who knows maybe they'll give me a discount on the GT in the showroom. :love:

Benman
July 30th, 2005, 00:13
Originally posted by thcakid
I'm already over it but I still have to "vent"..........can't be a push-over either...........who knows maybe they'll give me a discount on the GT in the showroom. :love:
Does someone need a hug?:D Feel free to vent here all you like, afterall, this is your thread.:thumb:

CGT? :heart: Nice, very nice. I'd say that would more than make up for the nail in tires.:hihi:

BBGT2
July 31st, 2005, 17:34
Go and ask for the tires, legally they are still yours. Get all four of them together take a sharp knife and cut the sidewall therefore rendering them useless for the CROOK's. And kindly tell the tech and his service writer, NOW you can have them. Definatelly tell the GM of what happened and explain to them even though they are the closest dealer to you going to a farther dealer is not out of the question. See what they will do to make things right and teach them a lesson. They are so used to doing that that they simply just dont care and they should. I know, who has time for all this but stir first or it will burn later. Question everything that is to be done on something you own and pay for, no one gave it to you. Just my .03 cents.
Dealers have been getting away with murder for a long time and will continue to do so. I always tip my service writer when dropping of my car for whatever warranty reason it is, tip first get GREAT results later.

Bajo :addict:

Benman
August 1st, 2005, 15:14
Originally posted by Bajors6
I know, who has time for all this but stir first or it will burn later.

I always tip my service writer when dropping of my car for whatever warranty reason it is, tip first get GREAT results later.

Bajo :addict:

"Stir" is a good way to put it. There's no reason to rant and rave, but then, there's no reason to just roll over either.:D

And I get my guys bagels with strawberry cream cheese. I'd get them beer, but some are AA members...

Aronis
August 1st, 2005, 15:18
Don't piss off the service department, they will always win in the end!

As far as the tires disappearing, that is very strange since they almost ALL charge you a fee to get rid of the old tires.

They clearly are going to reuse them somewhere........but not worth the fight.

Next time be clear in advance that you want the old tires. I have one of my summer tires with a plug in it sitting in the shed off a wheel, just waiting to be used as a 'oh shit need a tire' tire.

Mike