PDA

View Full Version : First Audi R8 test for Mika Salo

Erik
February 11th, 2003, 20:32
Strong Nordic appearance in Audi Racing.
Mika Salo (FIN), JJ Lehto (FIN), Jan Magnussen (DK) and Stefan Johansson from Sweden who will be driving for Audi again.

----------------------

Finnish driver Mika Salo completed his first test with the Audi R8 at Snetterton (England) on Monday. The former Formula One driver competes in the 12 Hours of Sebring and the Le Mans 24 Hour race for the Audi Sport UK team. “I hadn´t been to Snetterton for 13 years, it was cold and damp and I was driving a sports racing car for the first time – difficult conditions,” explained Salo. “But my first impressions of the Audi R8 are very favourable. The car seems easy to drive.”

Mika Salo will have his first race with the Audi R8 on March 15 at Sebring. A total of three Audi R8 sports cars will compete at the opening round of the American Le Mans Series (ALMS). Salo joins Jonny Kane and Perry McCarthy in the Audi Sport UK R8. JJ Lehto, Stefan Johansson and Emanuele Pirro are the drivers for the Team ADT Champion Racing. The Audi R8 of Infineon Team Joest will be shared by Frank Biela, Philipp Peter and Marco Werner.

Audi teams competing in the 2003 American Le Mans Series (ALMS):
Infineon Team Joest: Frank Biela (D) / Marco Werner (D)
Team ADT Champion Racing: Johnny Herbert (GB) / JJ Lehto (FIN)

Audi teams at the 12 Hours of Sebring:
Audi Sport UK: Jonny Kane (GB) / Perry McCarthy (GB) / Mika Salo (FIN)
Infineon Team Joest: Frank Biela (D) / Marco Werner (D) / NN
Team ADT Champion Racing: Stefan Johansson (S) / JJ Lehto (FIN) / Emanuele Pirro (I)

Audi teams at the 24 Hours of Le Mans:
Audi Sport Japan Team Goh: Seiji Ara (J) / Jan Magnussen (DK) / Marco Werner (D)
Audi Sport UK: Frank Biela (D) / Perry McCarthy (GB) / Mika Salo (FIN)
Team ADT Champion Racing: Stefan Johansson (S) / JJ Lehto (FIN) / Emanuele Pirro (I)