PDA

View Full Version : R&T article says new S6 and RS6 will have...

Hy Octane
July 27th, 2005, 22:42
S6 will have a 440hp V8 with a 6 spd tip at first followed by a 7 spd DSG.. Summer 2006..

RS6 will have a 550 hp NA V10 due out in 2008..

More fuel for the fire, eh?

:bigeyes:

Benman
July 27th, 2005, 23:54
Hmm... I would think that they would put the same engine as the RS 4 into the S6 (ala V8), so I guess with 1 1/2 additional years development time, it could have an extra 20 ponies.

As for the V10, the horsepower sounds great, but I still would really like to see RS models with turbos. Am I alone?:confused: I mean, look at the current RS 6. With all of the problems you have had, the engine hasn't failed you (or has it). NA engine with very high redlines present just as many reliability issues as turbos (albeit less parts). Oh well, don't matter what lil Benny thinks. NA it is.:cry:

Ben:addict:

bilbozilla
July 28th, 2005, 00:21
I'm looking forward to the DSG mated to those engines. Whoohaa!

Can I still post here?

Benman
July 28th, 2005, 00:50
Originally posted by bilbozilla
I'm looking forward to the DSG mated to those engines. Whoohaa!

Can I still post here?
:D :trash:

Bauer
July 28th, 2005, 07:08
No more posting for you....go hang out with your Maserati crowd:D

Lets see some pics of the new car....don't be shy.

oce
July 28th, 2005, 15:48
I drove a 1.8t the other day for fun when I was ordering my S-Line A6. The TDI or FSI (not sure which) thing seems to really have eliminated most of the tubo lag. I was very impressed. If they could do that same thing with the old twin turbo V6 or the twin-turbo 4.2 in a new RSx then I would be a very, very, very happy individual.

BTW, you can really learn alot by calling th AUDI consumer protection department. The "Customer Advocates" there (if you get lucky) will spend days diggin up answers to your questions. After two days my advocate (I love saying that) was able to get a clear answer in that the next RS6 is postponed for at least one more year. The earliest release will be late 2007 possibly spring 2008. Also, the decision to produce the Nuvolari had been pushed back another year until mid 2006. They havent even spent time "trying to decide" if it should be produced.

She says that her info comes direct from Corporate. For whatever its worth.

She also answered a clear and present brake issue for my 03 RS6. She says that the warranty covers "UNLIMITED" brake changes for wear and tear SO LONG as your pads do not go below a certain level. The warranty also provides 1 free COMFORT brake pad change. This is for "any reason in qhich the customers complains of discomfort with the brakes". I pressed her and she said that a definition was not required. All I had to be was "Uncomfortable" with them. This is incredible and ridiculous at the same time!

Before she called me back, she had already contacted my local dealer and instructed the service manager on the warranty. They seemed to think that I recieved only One warranty brake change. Thanks to these forums, I knew different. It's amazing how many dealer service departments are oblivious to their own responsibilities. They were surprised as much as I was.

Ruergard
July 28th, 2005, 17:06
Sounds good!
But... after all, the new RS4 is a great and awsome car... but it's something that's missing... in my opinion the RS models SHOULD have turbos... I really would like to see a biturbo V10 instead of a high rev one... but that's me...
But DSG in the RS models is awsome, that transmission is just awsome!!
But after all... as long as Audi produces the RS models i will be satisfied :)

bilbozilla
July 28th, 2005, 17:24
Originally posted by Bauer
No more posting for you....go hang out with your Maserati crowd:D

Lets see some pics of the new car....don't be shy.

They're neither as fun nor as knowledgeable as this group. One guy cut the springs in his coupe to lower it and severely regrets it. Alot of it is technical help (or lack of) on hooking up aftermarket stereo equipment to a stereo system that if you look at it funny doesn't work.

On the plus side, I've had several people come up to me at gas stations (one guy in a MB SL600) with looks of awe on their faces and say "those things are like $200,000, aren't they?" My response is "they're not cheap."

I swear I'll post pictures soon.

Erik
July 28th, 2005, 18:27
One guy cut the springs in his coupe to lower it and severely regrets it.

:rolleyes: :vhmmm:

Benman
July 29th, 2005, 00:59
Originally posted by mayheN
but it's something that's missing... in my opinion the RS models SHOULD have turbos... I really would like to see a biturbo V10 instead of a high rev one... but that's me...

YES! I am NOT alone! *** feels so good***:D :thumb:

One guy cut the springs in his coupe to lower it and severely regrets it.

:bigeyes: Umm... that's like, the kind of stuff kids do to there beat up 69 ugly green Cougars (one named "booger":D ) and NOT high class autos...:harass:

Bauer
July 29th, 2005, 07:59
They're neither as fun nor as knowledgeable as this group. One guy cut the springs in his coupe to lower it and severely regrets it. Alot of it is technical help (or lack of) on hooking up aftermarket stereo equipment to a stereo system that if you look at it funny doesn't work.

On the plus side, I've had several people come up to me at gas stations (one guy in a MB SL600) with looks of awe on their faces and say "those things are like $200,000, aren't they?" My response is "they're not cheap."

I swear I'll post pictures soon.

I was thinking about cutting the springs on my RS6....what's wrong with that?

I saw one of the cars on the road today.....really good looking, I like the style.

my wife says," oooh whats that?" I tell her it is the new Maserati. she then say "fv@k that its not AWD, but it is really good looking" I had to laugh.

Ben agreed on the turbo's.....a biturbo v10 would be sublime:revs: :bow:

Benman
July 29th, 2005, 15:14
I was thinking about cutting the springs on my RS6....what's wrong with that?

:p

Ben agreed on the turbo's.....a biturbo v10 would be sublime Ahh well. Guess we'll have to hope a version of that engine makes its way to the Le Mans!:hahahehe:

Hy Octane
July 29th, 2005, 18:11
Joe Hoppen is selling a set of front and rear spring perches for our cars that lower the ride height by 15 mm.. This seems to be a more accurate way to go..

Aronis
July 30th, 2005, 01:49
I thought you could just take a torch to your springs, heat them up really really hot and then have a friend sit on the fender and the springs will shrink!

Better than CUTTING THEM!!!

D'ooh.....

Mike:MTM:

Bauer
July 30th, 2005, 06:05
Originally posted by Hy Octane
Joe Hoppen is selling a set of front and rear spring perches for our cars that lower the ride height by 15 mm.. This seems to be a more accurate way to go..

I was kidding about the cutting of the springs.....doing that is one of the worst things you car do to your car. But thanks for the heads up on the MTM set being sold by Joe Hoppen

Cheers

Ruergard
July 30th, 2005, 10:23
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Benman
[B]YES! I am NOT alone! *** feels so good***:D :thumb:

Great!! Then it's two of us against.... :D

Toto89
August 13th, 2005, 16:03
What?Did I understand well???I hope NOT!
You spoke about that new RS6 won't have turbos???:cry: :cry: :cry: In this case I would say some unpleasent sentences to Mr. Winterkorn or to that stupid man at Audi who has many "good" ideas like this or the RS4 without turbos:w:

Toto89
August 13th, 2005, 16:17
Well, I just don't understand one thing:
S Audis couldn't be as fast as M BMWs it's OK,but why couldn't the RS Audis be much much faster than BMWs???:cry: if they sell it only in limited series why couldn't they put extremely high performance engines in it even if they would be a bit more expensive,but they are not basic models,Audi don't have to worry about selling the RS Audis, even if they would be much more expensive, Audi fans would buy all of the~5000pieces in the first 2 months!

Rudi
August 13th, 2005, 20:45
If Audi doesn't you can always mount 2 turbo's yourself...I think my friend is trying that...he wasn't pleased at all when I told him...

:addict:

audirs6sport
August 14th, 2005, 02:16
Originally posted by Rudi
If Audi doesn't you can always mount 2 turbo's yourself...I think my friend is trying that...he wasn't pleased at all when I told him...

:addict:

It's not that simple, usually if the n/a motor consists of a high compression ratio, that leave you with little room to boost (i.e. bmw m3 e46) as well as the internals of the n/a motor vs. a factory equipped turbo charged motor may not be as strong, and durable for you to slap turbos on as far as reliability goes. You might end up having to do some motor works such as replace the pistons to reduce the compression ratio, in order to accomodate for higher turbo boosts. Perhaps even get more serious than that...