PDA

View Full Version : PC steering position

rks838
July 20th, 2005, 03:36
First, let me apologize if I have put this in the wrong forum. I figure it applies to all driving, possibly moreso in high-performance driving in which one is more likely to crash.

Anyway, some interesting news - the politically correct way to drive in with your hands in the 8 and 4 position on the steering wheel, not 10 and 2 like previously thought. If the airbag inflates, your fingers/hands/wrists/arms/shoulders can be broken, and your fists can go smack into your face, sometimes lodging in your eye socket. Technically, you are never supposed to bring your hands above the 9 and 3 position.

Nordschleife
July 20th, 2005, 09:14
Its also PC for women not to shave their legs and deoderants destroy the ecosphere.
Putting your hands at 8 and 4 is stupid, it tucks your elbows in, constraining your movement and makes the use of paddles and controls on the wheel clumsy and awkward.
Far better to put your hands at 9 and 3 and keep them there, all the time.
R+C

Benman
July 20th, 2005, 16:11
Originally posted by Nordschleife
Its also PC for women not to shave their legs and deoderants destroy the ecosphere.

So I take it the men in Italy are MUCH more PC than us (summertime there is pretty stinky)?:D :hihi:

I agree about the 8 and 4 position. It would not give you very good control at all.

Ben:addict:

rks838
July 20th, 2005, 20:42
It is very awkward, especially going around tight corners - shuffle shuffle shuffle shuffle... It doesn't allow you to swerve out of the way of something. It doesn't allow you to hit the blinkers easily... It is politically correct, but definitely not my preference. Try it for 5 minutes :vhmmm:.