PDA

View Full Version : RS6 for sale - US East coast

gjg
July 14th, 2005, 19:50
spoke with my old friend (from UrS days) Taka yesterday on unrelated issue and he mentioned they have one rs6 for sale:

2003 RS6, Daytona Grey with Vanilla interior, 13k miles, Certified Pre-Owned, $75k..

Taka Mizutani
Don Rosen Audi
610-279-4100 x170
tmizutani@donrosenimports.com

no affiliation or interest, just in case someone is interested.

gg

Benman
July 14th, 2005, 20:30
Haha, one more RS 6 selling for MORE than $70K! I like it. Keep those values UP!:D :thumb:

Ben:addict:

Bauer
July 18th, 2005, 06:41
Sonnen in Mill Valley has one with 11k on it and ECU/TCU chip and they are asking 80k!!!

quattroboy
July 18th, 2005, 07:05
Echoing Bauer, I was at Sonnen Audi in Marin the other day and they have the used one he mentioned, black on black with all options except carbon fiber (and maybe rear side airbags, I couldn't tell). It had about 10K miles and they wanted $80K. I didn't ask about the chipping.

Both Stevens Creek Audi and Livermore Audi sales guys have told me they get asked if they "know of one that is available" frequently.

Not to derail the thread, but of local interest, the Livermore, CA Audi had a meet and greet the other night and had an R8 and Frank Biela and E. Pirro at the dealership on Thursday night. There were three RS6's there (including mine). I was at the ALMS race at Infineon Raceway this afternoon as well, I counted about 6 RS6's at the Audi paddock, but I didn't work at the counting, so I may have missed one.

And yes, an R8 won the race, but they were 1-2 until close to the end when the #1 car started smoking, they used a fortunate unrelated caution period to get it patched up and it came back out in 3rd and it ran well until the end, so the R8's finished 1-3.

javascript:smilie(':thumb:')

Bauer
July 18th, 2005, 07:13
Quattroboy,

Which RS6 was yours? Mine was the Ebony / black int in front...not track side but on the side where the bathrooms were. I also had my S4 there...STaSIS was using it as a demo car for dealers they had there that weekend. Also, black with a STaSIS sticker on the front bumper.

As for the Sonnon RS6....I know they guy who brought it over and he siad it did have a chip in it. Which begs the question...will they do warranty work on it?

quattroboy
July 18th, 2005, 07:27
Bauer

Mine was the Mugello Blue RS6 parked just off the Astroturf towards the back (it has no options except the exhaust, which is what I wanted). I got it at Sonnen in October '03, but have had it serviced in Livermore, so they swapped out the license plate frame :-). I came with some friends and we got there about 10:45 AM and I renewed my Audi Club membership and went off to watch the race and take picures in the paddock, so i didn't hang around the Audi group paddock very long. I would have liked to check out your S4. I have an A6 2.7T 6-speed as well, and keep thinking about some upgrades, as I like driving the stick. Maybe we can have an East Bay RS6 (and other Audi) get-together sometime.

Bauer
July 18th, 2005, 07:37
Saw the car.... agreed on the GTG in the E Bay...maybe in the next few weeks or so. I will try and put something together. I will cross post on Audiworld as well when the time comes. :0:

Benman
July 18th, 2005, 15:41
Originally posted by quattroboy

Not to derail the thread...
I think all this talk of high priced RS 6s should actually HELP gjg's friend sell his car!:hahahehe: :thumb:

Ben:addict:

quattroboy
July 18th, 2005, 23:11
Speaking again of possibly derailing the thread:

Bauer raises a good question about Sonnen selling a car that is chipped with a factory warranty. Seems a bit two-faced if they are just making an exception so that can sell that car because it is there for them to sell. :vhmmm:

Which raises the bigger question of what our best policy is if we want to upgrade the cars. My understanding from lurking on these boards and reading a lot is that Robin and others recommend the tranny chip first and RS6+ or 3rd party tranny coolers plus tranny service vigilance before embarking on chipping the ECU or other engine output increases. I also read once on this forum or AudiWorld that there was a Riverside? Audi dealer that would upgrade the cars and still offer a warranty. Was that for real?

So, any comprehensive thinking or "all rolled-up" solutions in this area? Anybody develop a proven total package that has some warranty coverage like Dinan has for BMW's? I know MTM (and others) claim to have, but their (MTM's) performance in the Car & Driver shootout seemed rather anemic. Was there some unresolved issue(s) there, or was C&D's "heavier brakes & wheels/tires" explaination generally accepted?

As I said, this probably needs a new thread.:idea:

FrenchAudi
July 19th, 2005, 20:27
We are asking $68,900 for our Certified one with only 11k miles.
Daytona Grey with Carbon fiber, Sport exhaust and Nav.

Texas.

Ernesto (ERT)
July 22nd, 2005, 23:27
Count me in for the GTG in the east bay. Ben, would you be kind enough to shoot me an email when it's locked down? Between travel for work, and getting ready for the wedding, my 'online' time has become 'notime'.

Cheers-
Ernesto