PDA

View Full Version : Onstar fix seems to work for good now!

JAXRS6
July 14th, 2005, 19:50
Just realized it's been over three months since my last and, hopefully, final Onstar fix. Green light still on and this is by far the longest it has lasted. Maybe this "permanent fix" is actually that!:D

The green light seems to be of normal intensity now, too -- not overly bright like before, prior to it turning red.

Is everyone else who made the switch in Mar-Apr or later having the same good result?

sturs6
July 14th, 2005, 21:53
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mech:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mech:
'nuf said
:rs6kiss: :addict:

nene
July 14th, 2005, 22:49
It's been a long time for me too, and my light is still green.
Too bad most street lights I come across are red.

Aronis
July 15th, 2005, 01:38
I dropped by the dealership where I got mine to pick up some oil and filters, asked about any tech bulleten on the On-Star and they Denied any knowledge of it and only said Audi Dropped Onstar.

I have to give a round of applause to you guys who stuck with it to get the thing fixed. I bet it was an uphill battle all the way.

I asked about getting a new Sky Sack Pass Through door, as the two PLASTIC latches broke, and a new Front Grill as the Tungue Guides had broken, and they would only do it for FREE if I had them install it. Ya 5 hour drive round trip to get it done, NOT, I'll live with the broken plastic crap.....

By they way, has anyone EVER been able to get that ski sack refolded to fit in the 1 inch space?

Mike

LIRS6
July 18th, 2005, 22:14
2 months or so for me thus far...keeping fingers crossed

nospeedlimit
July 19th, 2005, 03:42
What was your fix for On Star? Mine is still loopy! Been fix twice in 7 months...

:confused:

nospeedlimit
July 19th, 2005, 03:44
Sorry new to this system... that question re: On Star repair was for JaxRS6... thanks.

JAXRS6
July 20th, 2005, 07:11
Florida dealer did my fix. Told me last December that a new unit or new system would arrive by March or April. It did, I had it done -- no cost under warrantyy, of course -- and it's worked fine ever since. Before that I had at least eight incidents of green light turning to red, go to dealer for fix, leave with green light that turned red again within 2 weeks to 2 months...repeat process, get irritated, etc.

I let AOA know that it takes only three repair attempts on the same problem to meet the threshhold for Michigan's lemon law. But I never exercised that option because I liked the car a lot more than I was bothered by the red light. Onstar itself never stopped working. But the red light came on, apparently indicating that Onstar's backup battery would fail if it was needed due to a main battery failure. But, you know, I survived 40 years of driving without a car that automatically notifies authorities of a major accident. So I didn't lose a lot of sleep over it.

It's true that Audi no longer offers Onstar on their new cars. But somehow they came thru on this for RS6 owners :bow: :rs6kiss: