PDA

View Full Version : RS4 colors

marcella
July 14th, 2005, 15:09
What is the best color in this car? I know it is subjective, but there are some cars that certain colors just do not work on.

Is White available? :rs4addict

Iceman
July 14th, 2005, 15:59
I say "phantom Black" :D

wfg, Hans.

Benman
July 14th, 2005, 18:02
Originally posted by Iceman
I say "phantom Black" :D

wfg, Hans.
I'd agree with you if I didn't HATE keeping black cars clean so much! Bauer on the other hand...

marcella, it does not come in white. However for 2000 Euros (I think), you can paint it ANY color you like.:thumb:

Ben:addict: (I'm partial to Daytona BTW;) )

rks838
July 14th, 2005, 20:35
Phantom Black and Mugello Blue look fabulous on this car. The Mugello is on my desktop - the color works great with the bright chrome/aluminum mirrors, grill surround, wheels, exhaust, etc. Daytona Gray looks pretty good, too.

]http://autospies.com/images/6-9-05/RS-4/1.JPG

http://www.autospies.com/images/6-16-05/rs4/2.JPG

http://autospies.com/images/6-24-05/rs-4/1.JPG

Look at those wheels! Also, at least on these two Daytona Gray cars, the running boards (sounds cheesy) are well designed and and a subtle sportiness to the car when viewed from the side. I think it's the shadow formed between the running boards at the bottom of the doors...

[IMG]http://www.autospies.com/images/6-24-05/rs-4/2.JPG[/IMG

marcella
July 18th, 2005, 14:56
any pictures of avus silver and light silver

Thanks,

ROb

Iceman
July 19th, 2005, 16:00
Originally posted by marcella
any pictures of avus silver and light silver

Thanks,

ROb
On www.fourtitude.com in the photo gallery are pics of a silver grey one.

wfg, Hans.

Audihead
July 19th, 2005, 22:27
Sprint Blue!:0: :rs4addict

http://www.audiworld.com/news/05/022105/header.jpg

Finnus
July 20th, 2005, 13:52
I vote for the Daytona gray provided it has windows tinted at about 75%. There are a couple of S4s running around town and they look awesome.

Finnus
:addict:

nyrs6
July 24th, 2005, 18:31
I totally agree with you Benman Black is the nicest color when clean or waxed but very hard to keep it that way. The next color would be Sprint Blue, but way too flashy. So either avus silver or Daytona grey. Although the Daytona grey doesn't look as good as it did on the RS6. Its still a debate with my dad but when the ordering sheet comes in we will have to make a decsison.

P.S. Anybody know exactly what colors are available?

rks838
July 25th, 2005, 05:08
Here's an image that somehow got messed up:

http://www.autospies.com/images/6-24-05/rs-4/2.JPG

Benman
July 25th, 2005, 15:52
Originally posted by nyrs6

P.S. Anybody know exactly what colors are available?
This was posted previously by Erik:

Choice of colors:
Avus Silver, pearl effect
Deep Green, pearl effect
Daytona Grey, Pearl Effect
Imola Yellow
Light Silver, metallic
Misano Red, pearl effect
Mugello Blue, pearl effect
Phantom Black, pearl effect
Sprint Blue, pearl effect

I've seen every single color in real life while I was at quattro GmbH with the exception of the new Deep Green. I was told it is very different from Goodwood Green (so I hope that is a good thing:D ).

Misano Red pearl effect is NOT a pearl color. It is a solid red, so I'm not sure if it is just a mess up on the RS 4 brochure or what. It is the same red as the RS 6 and the original RS 4 (ur RS 4:D ). Again, Daytona Grey is the RS 6 grey, so if you like it on the RS 6, you'l like it on the RS 4. Avus and Light Silver both look really good on the car as well. Mugello (IMHO) looked better on the RS 6 only because this Mini Beast is more sporty looking of a car and this blue is too "subdued" for it. Sprint looks fantastic in the flesh and is definately sporty enough for the RS 4, but some may not want that much flash. Hope that helps.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

marcella
July 25th, 2005, 16:33
So if you have seen all the colors in person, of the light colors in your opinion what looks the best?

Rob

Benman
July 25th, 2005, 17:04
Originally posted by marcella
So if you have seen all the colors in person, of the light colors in your opinion what looks the best?

Rob
Rob,

That's a really tuff one. What I like, you may not so I can only offer, as you say, my opinions, which are like...

Light Silver looks good but it is available on EVERY Audi, so for me it is NOT a "special" color and not something I would buy on a special car (save it for a A6 3.2).

Avus on the other hand is an exclusive S/RS color so it has that rare factor. Not to mention it looks good to boot with a very cool icey blue pearl tint to the color which I like.

Sprint blue (I guess you could say it's a light color) looks good in person, but are you a blue kinda guy (I happen to be:D )? It's more flashy than Mugello for sure but one thing I did notice is in Bright sun light (it was very bright and warm in Germany that day) it is a little too light, almost baby blue in quality. Under every other lighting (morning light, inside metal halide lights, etc...) it looks fantastic.

Imola (another exclusive S/RS color) is also what I would consider to be a light color. It didn't tickle my fancy as it is not a clean, crisp yellow (sorry, painted cars for years, so I'm picky as to colors:D ). It is too muddied down (you can tell there is a LOT of black and white in the formula to "dull" down the color) and not pure enough to be a beautiful color. And for me, THAT is the point of having a yellow car. If you're going to live with tickets (as yellow seems to attract attention) might as well have an exciting yellow, not a watered down version.

Daytona is not a light color, so you can feel free to tell me to shut up at this point, but to be fair, it isn't very dark, so we'll call it: middle ground color. Despite some saying it looked "different" than the RS 6 color, it is the same Daytona I have come to love (jeeze, no biased opinions here:D ). It has a fantastic under the radar quality to it, looks great on the car (very complementary), and is far easier to keep clean than black (I've only waxed my car ONCE and still have yet any big swirl marks from normal washing). And in the sun it has a gorgeous shimmer effect due to the zyrillic (for the LIFE of me, I can't spell that word right) pearl that none of the other colors have in them. And looks just as great under metal halides.

Also, like Mugello, it is an RS color ONLY. Not even available on any of the S models, so it is VERY exclusive, matching the exclusive nature of the RS line perfectly. I'm not trying to push this color at all or anything...:hahahehe:

That said, if Daytona is too dark for you, then I'd say Avus. It would be my second choice, followed closely by a third place Sprint Blue. Hope that helps.:thumb:

India Whiskey Charlie
July 25th, 2005, 19:15
Hi Ben,

Do you happen to have some hi-rez pics of your Daytona grey RS6?

Originally posted by Benman
Daytona is not a light color, so you can feel free to tell me to shut up at this point, but to be fair, it isn't very dark, so we'll call it: middle ground color. Despite some saying it looked "different" than the RS 6 color, it is the same Daytona I have come to love (jeeze, no biased opinions here:D ). It has a fantastic under the radar quality to it, looks great on the car (very complementary), and is far easier to keep clean than black (I've only waxed my car ONCE and still have yet any big swirl marks from normal washing). And in the sun it has a gorgeous shimmer effect due to the zyrillic (for the LIFE of me, I can't spell that word right) pearl that none of the other colors have in them. And looks just as great under metal halides.

Benman
July 25th, 2005, 20:22
Originally posted by Viken B.
Hi Ben,

Do you happen to have some hi-rez pics of your Daytona grey RS6?
Why yes, yes I do!:D
PM for the full size versions as I cannot post BIG pics here.

Benman
July 25th, 2005, 20:25
A close up to show the "shimmer" effect in the sun.

Benman
July 25th, 2005, 20:27
Another:

Benman
July 25th, 2005, 20:32
Last one for the "shimmer" effect. It has a really cool multi color look to it. And BTW, yet another testament to my wife. Call her up at spur of the moment and ask to to snap some quick pics and BLAM, there you go. Thanks Love.:heart:

bilbozilla
July 25th, 2005, 21:21
Metallic black actually does a pretty good job of hiding the dirt. My last 5 vehicles have been black, 4 of which have been metallic black. I will stick to black metallic, but avoid the non-metallic colors.

Klint
July 25th, 2005, 22:22
Misano Red is a nice choice.

Yak
July 26th, 2005, 08:57
Originally posted by bilbozilla
Metallic black actually does a pretty good job of hiding the dirt. My last 5 vehicles have been black, 4 of which have been metallic black. I will stick to black metallic, but avoid the non-metallic colors.

Yes, metallic black hides dirt a bit better, but that's because.. it's not black. There's a huge difference between Audi's black and metallic black, with latter looking more of a grey, instead of black.

As such, my own A3 is black, instead of metallic black. Of course it gathers dirt pretty quickly, but I was it pretty often too ;)

Benman
July 26th, 2005, 15:21
Originally posted by Yak
Yes, metallic black hides dirt a bit better, but that's because.. it's not black. There's a huge difference between Audi's black and metallic black, with latter looking more of a grey, instead of black.

This is true, it's now technically a DARK grey...:D

kojack
August 19th, 2005, 11:32
Any blue color. Im bias tho, my passat is indigo blue. close to the mugello blue, which is my favorite. the other lighter blue looks nice too...:0: