PDA

View Full Version : Misfire????

Dark Knight
July 13th, 2005, 11:25
Been having a hesistation in high gears/low revs (when the engine is under some load, aI suppose) ever since the car had its 35k service this past weekend.

Hooked up a VAG last night, it read error codes for a misfire from cylinder 4.

I just can't wait to have that "fun" conversation with the dealer today . . . that they missed that info and that I had a VAG hooked up and now telling them what's wrong with the car . . . they don't seem to like that!

Anyone else had a misfire? My friend thinks it's due to a bad coil pack, which is rare on Audi's V8s.

I'll let you know what the dealer finds.

nene
July 13th, 2005, 19:18
Misfires can certainly be related to bad coilpacks.

From the B5 S4 forum - it is an Audi bi-turbo too (http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/2051936.phtml)

keo
July 14th, 2005, 07:48
Funny, I get that misfire on cylinder 3 or 4 two weeks ago. I was driving on the highway giving the car a little punch on the accelerator. Everything is smooth but as the car move from 170km - 200km the engine light came on (flashing). I stop accelerating (engine light still on) and the car slow till around 100km that when the engine light disappear. I hook on the vag and get this same error you got misfire on cylinder 3 or 4 (I forgot). Reset it and the engine light has not come back till now...

Dark Knight
July 14th, 2005, 20:23
Thanks, at least I know someone else is experiencing misfires!

Car goes to the dealer on Tuesday, I'll see what they say. I hope it's a bad coil pack, I'm sure once it's replaced the car is going to run amazingly well! I think it has been misfiring for a year but the dealer always said it's fine!!!!!

I'll keep you posted with how it goes . . .

Aronis
July 15th, 2005, 02:00
It may be something simple......like they simply did not push the connector on all the way!

Sounds like after the spark plug change something NEW has developed. The packs are in there somewhere, find it and push on it, save a trip to the dealer.

Mike

Dark Knight
July 15th, 2005, 02:28
Thanks, Mike. The friend that did the VAG got under the hood and could just about see one coil, they're bolted on so the mechanic didn't torque it to spec (or not at all) or the coil is bad -- that's what I'm hoping, that it's not anything bigger.