PDA

View Full Version : Some RS 6 resale info

Benman
July 11th, 2005, 15:33
I remember way back (when I used to visit Audiworld) a few years ago, hearing at the audiworld website, how us RS 6 buyers were "chumps" and that it would be much smarter to wait just a couple of years and buy one for $20,000.00 or MORE of retail (in fact, I remember The Brit having to "defend" his posistion.

Well, I was bored on Sunday and since only boring people get bored, I decided just for fun to do an autotrader search to see what's out there.

From Riverside, I did a 300 mile search for ANY price on a RS 6. Here's what came up. Not too shabby if you ask me. :bye2:
Ben:addict:

http://autotrader.com/fyc/searchresults.jsp?advanced=&certified=&isp=y&search=y&lang=en&search_type=both&make=AUDI&model=RS6&start_year=1981&end_year=2006&min_price=&max_price=&distance=300&address=92505&x=87&y=11

rks838
July 12th, 2005, 01:00
If I sold my RS6 (bought at $72,xxx new) to one of these dealers, I might actually make money!

Aronis
July 12th, 2005, 03:55
Those prices are all above my buy out number (sum of remaining lease plus residual price).

:)

Mike

Benman
July 12th, 2005, 15:50
Keep in mind these prices are for us "uptight yuppies" in So Cal, but I thought I'd post all the same.:D So far, so good.:hahahehe:

SpinEcho
July 13th, 2005, 03:21
Originally posted by Benman
[B]I remember way back (when I used to visit Audiworld) a few years ago, hearing at the audiworld website, how us RS 6 buyers were "chumps" and that it would be much smarter to wait just a couple of years and buy one for $20,000.00 or MORE of retail

Well, by that argument anyone who buys any new car is a chump. I wonder how many of those who were name calling had bought their cars new?

Nice prices. I haven't seen any Canadian cars for sale yet - has anyone else?

bilbozilla
July 13th, 2005, 05:44
I just sold my RS6 and the price was right in line with those prices.

Benman
July 13th, 2005, 15:29
Originally posted by SpinEcho
Well, by that argument anyone who buys any new car is a chump. I wonder how many of those who were name calling had bought their cars new?

Nice prices. I haven't seen any Canadian cars for sale yet - has anyone else?
I think the main reason folks like The Brit (and us) were "chumps" is that most of members of audiworld coudn't seem to justify the price difference of the RS 6 vs the A6 4.2 (but have you seen their resales:hahahehe: ) and that it was "just" a hopped up S6 (hardly).

Haven't seen any Canadian RS 6 for sale, so if you come across some prices feel free to keep us posted.

Bilbozilla, guess that means it's a total California thing (not just So Cal:D ).

Ben:addict: (Unless I wreck mine, I ain't selling.)

LIRS6
July 13th, 2005, 17:10
The autotrader numbers are unrealistic in my opinion ... but I would think these cars have values mid-hi $60's depending mileage. I must, however, admit that the only reason why I bought my RS6 was because in exploring new 4.2's at the time, I found that I could buy the RS6 new for about a $20k premium - frankly, I would not have done so if I had to pay hi $70's or more

Bauer
July 18th, 2005, 06:48
Bilbozilla,

What did you relplace it with? Any reason in particular why you sold?

bilbozilla
July 19th, 2005, 00:19
Originally posted by Bauer
Bilbozilla,

What did you relplace it with? Any reason in particular why you sold?

Maserati Quattroporte. I'll post pictures soon. I wanted a change, and I've only got 2 garage stalls. I hope I don't regret the decision... They are two totally different cars, but both are incredibly fun to drive. The steering in the quattroporte feels more focused like a 911 and the car overall feels much smaller than it actually is. I have yet to drive it in automatic mode. I'll give you a call next time I'm in W.C. and let you take a look at it.

On an unrelated note, a husband and wife at the local dealership were arguing about getting a performance car vs. a practical car. The wife threw her arms in desperation and said "OK. Get me something that goes from 0-200 in 3 seconds!" So her husband bought her a scale.

Bauer
July 19th, 2005, 00:49
Very nice indeed...I really like the styling of those cars. I have not driven one but I hear they are great cars. I know Robin (Nord) really likes them as well.

Nice joke by the way...I got a good laugh...and if that was not a joke, that guy slept on the couch for a week.

Benman
July 19th, 2005, 00:51
Originally posted by bilbozilla

On an unrelated note, a husband and wife at the local dealership were arguing about getting a performance car vs. a practical car. The wife threw her arms in desperation and said "OK. Get me something that goes from 0-200 in 3 seconds!" So her husband bought her a scale.
LOL!!!:hihi:

Klint
July 19th, 2005, 07:51
ROFL @ Scale joke.

Josh,

Still got the other car in line? Have you put your order through for it? :thumb:

FrenchAudi
July 19th, 2005, 20:17
Damn!!
Expensive!

We are selling our 11k miles Daytona Grey with exhaust, nav and carbon fiber with a 100k Certified warranty for $68,900.

California brings stupid prices! :D

Benman
July 19th, 2005, 21:04
Originally posted by FrenchAudi

California brings stupid prices! :D
Well... considering our homes sell for 300% the prices of yours, is it so unrealistic that our cars sell for 15% more?:D

FrenchAudi
July 19th, 2005, 21:16
Originally posted by Benman
Well... considering our homes sell for 300% the prices of yours, is it so unrealistic that our cars sell for 15% more?:D

That is why I put the smiley face next to it!!:D
Actually our last 2 Certified RS6 and even 1 S8 were sold to people in California.