PDA

View Full Version : To Benman

RXBG
July 8th, 2005, 14:04
hi. from over here in orlando i loved reading your post about the trip to germany. just out of curiosity, do you speak german? and how did you manage to drive an audi around the ring? finally. i am anxiously awaiting the R9 (LMQ) and was wondering if you heard anything regarding pricing, specs, intro, etc while in ingolstadt. thanks in advance...

freerider
July 8th, 2005, 15:17
Originally posted by RXBG
hi. from over here in orlando i loved reading your post about the trip to germany. just out of curiosity, do you speak german? and how did you manage to drive an audi around the ring? finally. i am anxiously awaiting the R9 (LMQ) and was wondering if you heard anything regarding pricing, specs, intro, etc while in ingolstadt. thanks in advance...

I can say he speaks very little German. A conversation in German wouldn't be an option, but everybody around the ring speaks English, so he certainly didn't have too much problems. The car he drove was a reantal B7 A4 Sedan 2.0 petrol (non-quattro) with suprisingly good handling for a FWD. The esp even allowed the car to slide (when I drove with him it was raining). He certainly did a good job driving the ring. :0:

Greetz Johan

Benman
July 8th, 2005, 16:47
Wow, a thread for me... talk about getting a big head:blush: :blush:

Hey there Johan:cheers:

RXBG, johan is correct, sadly I do not speak German (although I'd LOVE to learn it) so conversations are not really an option. As for driving, just go to any rental agency and then make the trip up to the Nordschleife. It has the same "rules" of the road, so technically, you are not racing and therefore have insurance (just ask Anders :D ).

I have very little info on the R9/ Le Mans, compared to some on this board.

What I do know is that quattro, not Audi we be doing the final assembly and that finished, running, pre production cars will be ready by late next year. So I would expect it to go on sale but early 2007. I know many are wanting it earlier, but it is not realistic. quattro is only so big (currently 300) and is going to have to aquire an additional 200 employees over the next year or so to meet work load demands. Considering they were only 50 in 1999 and about 150 just 2 years ago, that's alot of growth so they're trying, but it will take time for them to churn out products.

Pricing and the like, again, I'd reffer to ones such as "Iceman" and "Tailpipe", they seem to have inside connections as to info. My contacts are stricly in the development department so they can only tell me what info is or is NOT realistic (they are NOT marketing people, so they would rather NOT say anything at all, rather than give false info).

Hope that's usefull.:cheers:

Ben:addict: :rs4addict

RXBG
July 8th, 2005, 17:16
i figured that would be the case. thanks for responding. all sources state the same thing therefore i don't feel bad for passing on the RS4 in order to wait for this beauty and beast to arrive. my new S4 will tide me over until then.

Erik
July 8th, 2005, 17:25
"Ein bier bitte" is all the german you need to know.

"Noch ein Pils" is useful when you want the next one.

:cheers:

Bauer
July 8th, 2005, 17:27
Ben,

Look at you going bigtime now.....own threads and all :D

So did you go to Germany this year.....I will be heading to Munich for Oktoberfest this year.....mmmm beer:cheers: I am going up Audi for the day...I am still trying to fit a trip to the ring....working on wifey as she wants to spend as much time in Italy as possible...as it stands now, two weeks there, 4 days in Germany and 2 in Austria. But to be fair we have been to Germany before and not to Italy so we will see.....

I was trying to persuade Jen to doing an 8 day driving tour of Italy in Ferrari's...they set everything up....dining, places to stay and a varity of Ferrari's to drive...only big problem is the $1000 euro a day cost:doh:

maybe next time......

You going to Sears this November for the ACNA event?

Benman
July 8th, 2005, 19:19
Originally posted by Bauer
as it stands now, two weeks there, 4 days in Germany and 2 in Austria. But to be fair we have been to Germany before and not to Italy so we will see.....

You going to Sears this November for the ACNA event?
Yeah, if it was me, it'd be the reverse order!
:D Italy is OK, but Germany has better countrysides. Milan was cool and the surronding country is nice and all, but make mine Germany and Austria anytime. And with the exception of Rome, I don't think Italy has a city that can beat Praha.

As for Infineon, I'm trying.:dance:

Ben:addict:

mi021le
July 8th, 2005, 20:57
Originally posted by Erik
"Ein bier bitte" is all the german you need to know.

"Noch ein Pils" is useful when you want the next one.

:cheers:

http://www.racersden.net/forum/images/smilies/popcorn.gif http://www.racersden.net/forum/images/smilies/spit.gif

Benman
July 11th, 2005, 19:44
Originally posted by Benman
As for Infineon, I'm trying.:dance:

Nevermind, just saw it is on a Thursday and Friday and can't take off of work!:cry: