PDA

View Full Version : A day at the tracks

frittez
July 7th, 2005, 13:01
Fellows

I just did Step 1 of 3 in getting my racing license
We are driving Formel 3 Renault cars, sooooo cool
Imagine going 230 km/h in something that sits 3.5 centimetres over the tarmac….. :hahahehe:

This was truly a good education session that I can recommend for anyone who’s interested in racing and wants to learn how to manage a Formel 3 car around a track ( in a correct manner ;) )
Anyway , as the day was coming to an end, one of the racing instructors asked me if I have had been given the opportunity to test my own car on a track before ??
And since I now had “learned” all about Breaking Points , Steering Points etc etc … and the track was empty… Now was a good tome to see what my M3 really could do

All of you that have done this, knows what I m talking about…. What a great f***ing felling… No redlights, no encountering traffic , warm and smooth tarmac … Damn !!!

I took one lap just to warm up the car ( tires and oil ) and then I putted some more weight on my right foot …. I managed to keep the car with in the tracks the first 3 laps… but on the fourth one, my left foot kinda developed a life of it’s self… and I punched the throttle a second to early ….and I skidded of the track and ended up in the spinach Luckily no damage to the car …

I have two short videos from this.
Three more videos are coming soon ….. Does anybody have a server that can host these?

// Frittez

frittez
July 7th, 2005, 13:07
pic

Erik
July 8th, 2005, 09:50
Sounds like fun. When will you call for next lunch? ;)

That Renault Spider. Hmmm... Me want one!

frittez
July 8th, 2005, 10:06
How about next week , if u´re still working ?
The spider runs like a bat out of hell... Really nice handling and cornering !!! Kinda scary with out a windshield though ...

Erik
July 8th, 2005, 10:31
Originally posted by frittez
How about next week , if u´re still working ?

Sure :0: