PDA

View Full Version : 2nd set of brakes, warranty vs. pay?

Dark Knight
July 1st, 2005, 23:50
My RS6 went in today for its 35,000 mile service, they couldn't do it because they realized they need their RS6 tech there plus they need to change the timing belt which takes some time so I rescheduled for next week.

However, while it was there I had a new set of tires installed and they noticed it needs brakes all around. I had new front (not the rear) rotors/pads fitted at 17,000 miles under warranty. The dealer today said this set would be under warranty too but I don't think they looked at the car's history to see it has already had the fronts done.

Am I correct in thinking AoA only gives one brake rotor/pad replacement free under warranty? In other words I'm going to have pay for this 2nd set of fronts which I hear are around $400 a rotor!

jimmy94507
July 2nd, 2005, 00:30
You shouldn't have any issue getting the brakes fixed under warranty up to the limit in the subject line for the RS6.

Jim

nene
July 2nd, 2005, 16:36
The AoA change of only one set to be changed under warranty started in 2004 MY. The RS6 is a 2003 MY, thus as long as you are under warranty, it is all paid for.

Dark Knight
July 3rd, 2005, 17:22
Thanks for the info!

That's good news I can tell the wife because she's not liking the cost of running the car at the moment!!! :nono:

LIRS6
July 5th, 2005, 15:04
That's good news I can tell the wife because she's not liking the cost of running the car at the moment!!!

Why do you tell her?

JAXRS6
July 5th, 2005, 16:26
Originally posted by LIRS6
Why do you tell her?

That's a kinda personal question that Dark Knight may not want to answer, so I'll give it my best shot:

Based on what I learned thru two marriages and divorces, there are marriages in which communication is open and frequent ... and there are marriages that fail.:D

gmbh6
July 7th, 2005, 08:09
Originally posted by JAXRS6
Based on what I learned thru two marriages and divorces, there are marriages in which communication is open and frequent ... and there are marriages that fail.:D
lmao......:doh: :rotflmao:

....what is it w/today's women who wont let a man keep a mistress?! :vhmmm:

Dark Knight
July 8th, 2005, 17:34
LOL! you guys are funny!

I made the BIG mistake of letting my wife take over paying the bills and she saw the car payment!!! since then everything about the car is questioned! it sucks. especially now she sees me reading car rags trying to spot my next vehicle!

I think it's man's eternal challenge to explain: we buy cars, they buy shoes. and both parties see no sense in each other's purchase . . .

JAXRS6
July 8th, 2005, 20:43
Originally posted by Dark Knight
I made the BIG mistake of letting my wife take over paying the bills and she saw the car payment!!! since then everything about the car is questioned! it sucks. especially now she sees me reading car rags trying to spot my next vehicle!

Thanks for reminding me why I'm not chomping at the bit to try Marriage No. 3 :hahahehe: :hahahehe: :hahahehe:

Benman
July 9th, 2005, 00:01
Originally posted by Dark Knight
LOL! you guys are funny!

I made the BIG mistake of letting my wife take over paying the bills and she saw the car payment!!!
Haha...:hahahehe:

That's why I do all the bills in my household. LOL!:p

Ben:addict: