PDA

View Full Version : Brakes squeal!! No Solution??

jgun81
June 30th, 2005, 09:06
ok...i know that many RS6 owners have this problems.
my car only has 9kmiles. Dealer changed the front rotor and pads due to brake squeak. I went for a test driving after getting those front rotors and pads replaced. I could still hear the break squeak. Great...Great...This time...i thought it was fron the rear. So i brought my car to dealer again. They told me my rear brake rotor and pads should be replaced. Today, I got those replaced.

Good thing is I got those replaced under warranty.
Bad thing is......my brakes still squeal, and this time i hear it from front brakes. Those front rotors and pads were replaced a week ago. I don't track my RS6, and i do not abuse my brakes.
I see people say it's the bad design of rotor+caliper.
But, isn't there any solution to stop those break squeak?

eph94
June 30th, 2005, 14:17
I wonder if a brake pad with a "softer" compound might solve the problem, assuming the old pad material is completely removed from the rotor and the new pads are then properly bedded.

Maybe you should ask the dealer how they bedded your pads when they did the pad and rotor swap. There is no question that we have hypersensitive brakes, but improper bedding of pad is a major cause of brake squeal if the transfer layer is uneven.

Removing the mystery from brake pad bed-in (http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/bedintheory.htm)

Joe

Dark Knight
July 1st, 2005, 14:42
are they squeaking when they're cold, immediately when you start using the car are more so once you've been driving a while?

I was informed the stock brake pads have a high metal content and once they're hot you'll hear a squeaking sound because of the high metal-on-metal contact. I get the sound but only when the brakes have been used from at least one pretty hard stop from high speed.

Good luck!

JP4
July 1st, 2005, 17:15
Originally posted by JJV-MA

Removing the mystery from brake pad bed-in (http://www.stoptech.com/whitepapers/bedintheory.htm)

Joe

That's a good article Joe. Thanks!

JP4 :thumb: