PDA

View Full Version : Man disgusted with his slow Ferrari

Erik
June 29th, 2005, 19:45
http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000770048629

"Regardless, you can bet Ferrari had already spent his money on Maserati, which means it’s gone." :D

RAMMIUS
July 13th, 2005, 09:35
''Call us crazy, but we suspect top speeds are quoted by manufacturers who have reached them on test tracks with ideal conditions, not on the Autobahn while passing Golfs.''

True , that would be quite stupid from the german to sue the company.

Acc figures and maxim speed depends on asphalt , gas , tyres condition and pressure , clutch wear , and last but very important driver skills .

I mean , if you change gears like an idiot , of course you can`t get the maximum from the car .

:w:

Benman
July 13th, 2005, 15:52
didn't realize mine was a repost: http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7026

Read, that he had it INDEPENDANTLY tested and that the OTHER driver could not get it to exceed 280KM per hr AS WELL! So it was NOT his "dumb" driving but rather the dumb manufactures CLAIMED top speed.

My 2 cents says he should have stuck with Porsche, were you GET what you pay for.
:thumb:

Ben:addict:

Nordschleife
July 13th, 2005, 16:28
Originally posted by RAMMIUS
''Call us crazy, but we suspect top speeds are quoted by manufacturers who have reached them on test tracks with ideal conditions, not on the Autobahn while passing Golfs.''

True , that would be quite stupid from the german to sue the company.

:w:

You misunderstand Germany. The man was a fool not getting a signed statement that the car would exceed 298 (or whatever) first. having bought a lemon, its a good idea to sue the Italians, we all know that they lie about how much their cars weigh, how powerful they are, their top speeds and damn near everything else. Suing them is good policy. Where do you think America picked up its nasty litigious habits from?

Germans sue each other for the want of anything better to do. Its a sign of their unwillingness to take personal responsibility for anything.

R+C

rks838
July 13th, 2005, 23:45
Do you have any evidence of Italian carmakers lying? Or are you just joking? I think they're pretty good people...

Nordschleife
July 14th, 2005, 00:21
Originally posted by rks838
Do you have any evidence of Italian carmakers lying? Or are you just joking? I think they're pretty good people...

Take any Ferrari of the last 30 years and take it to the certified weight scale in your county. Record the weight, and then look at the weight Ferrari claimed in their publicity. Its not close its hundreds of pounds different.

Presently, our garage has two Italian cars and one British, in the ready use area, so yes we like Italian cars, and I'd like to add another Italian one.

R+C

Benman
July 14th, 2005, 01:10
Originally posted by Nordschleife

Presently, our garage has two Italian cars and one British, in the ready use area, so yes we like Italian cars, and I'd like to add another Italian one.

R+C
I already know what the one Italian, and the British car is, what's the other Italian?

bilbozilla
July 14th, 2005, 02:32
My new Italian comes in about a week and a half. (400 bhp and 4 doors. Its real weight is anyone's guess). I'm looking forward to it.

Nordschleife
July 14th, 2005, 07:45
Originally posted by Benman
I already know what the one Italian, and the British car is, what's the other Italian?

A Ford, a Fiat and a Volkswagen!

R+C