PDA

View Full Version : Should I sell my RS6...

gmbh6
June 23rd, 2005, 17:44
...and start saving for a Ferrari, or should I wait for the new RS6?

Is it just me or is the new 6 body style not very appealing? It's taking quite a while for it to grow on me and I still don't like it very much. I'm sure the RS version will look better since it will sit lower and wider.

Benman
June 23rd, 2005, 18:45
Originally posted by thcakid
...and start saving for a Ferrari, or should I wait for the new RS6?

NO!!!:nono:

:D Depends what you like and what your budget is. For me, can't swing a Ferrari (and even if I could, would probably choose a 911TT over it just for maintenance issues) so I love my Beast, great for taking more than just ONE passenger on high speed fun.

I'd wait and see what the next :addict: brings before spending any $$$. But that's no reason to stop you from saving $$$ now! :thumb:

Ben:addict:

gmbh6
June 23rd, 2005, 20:58
Originally posted by Benman
...I'd wait and see what the next :addict: brings before spending any $$$...

good idea......let's not be haste. :rs6kiss:

J0X
June 23rd, 2005, 21:17
I don't see how you can debate between a 2-seat rwd sports car and a non-existing 2x2 quattro V10 (well, V8 FSi or V10.. pot-ay-to, po-taw-toe) you don't even seem to like? They are two different worlds! That's like standing at the Hummer dealership trying to bargain becuase 'You also like the Mini'.

As far as the new A6 is concerned - yes I have to admit it did take some time to get used to. But I am totally loving it and I wouldn't worry a bit about the future RS, as Audi have not yet disappointed me with a performance model, going way back with the 200 TQ.

Mr Kram
June 23rd, 2005, 22:43
If you sold the RS6, what would you drive in the meantime? When you buy the Ferrari, would that by your daily driver?

For me, I would only replace the RS6 with another sports sedan. If I wanted a Ferrari, I'd sell the TT. Tough choice if you only can choose one. Depends on your needs. (And what your wife tells you to buy.) ;)

audirs6sport
June 24th, 2005, 01:55
Originally posted by Mr Kram
Depends on your needs. (And what your wife tells you to buy.) ;)

HAHA good one :0:

BBGT2
June 24th, 2005, 05:03
Keep the :rs6kiss: and buy a Ferrari if thats what you really want :)

I am anxiously awaiting the new RS 6 and the S8. BUT will not under any circumstance forego my GT2 !
As far as the wife thing is concerned she has got her own vehicle and she would never ask me not to buy a certain vehicle she does however still think my G55 is ugly! Oh well I love my cars and of course her. She does sometimes think that my love goes exactly in that order.:eek:

Bajo:addict:

gmbh6
July 7th, 2005, 08:01
thanks for the input from everyone..........especially the one that asked what my daily driver would be............that is what seperates the RS6 from a ferrari.......it is truly a daily driver........and will remain happily parked in my garage. :addict:

birch
October 10th, 2005, 13:53
Bajo...

Kinda funny.... my girl want my business to take off so SHE can get a G55!!

BTW... how's the GT2 in Chicago?

Aronis
October 10th, 2005, 16:41
Buy a Ferrari?

A new one???

I can only assume you already own one, or you would not be allowed to?????

Mike

Benman
October 10th, 2005, 20:29
Originally posted by Aronis
Buy a Ferrari?

A new one???

I can only assume you already own one, or you would not be allowed to?????

Mike
:D :applause: That's about it! Dang, it's like it's a grand priviledge they're doing you, "letting" you spend $200K+ on their product!:rolleyes: :bye2:

BBGT2
October 10th, 2005, 20:43
Originally posted by birch
Bajo...

Kinda funny.... my girl want my business to take off so SHE can get a G55!!

BTW... how's the GT2 in Chicago?

GT is ok in Chi-town I love the car, driving it it seems like I am drunk cause I am always trying to get around the craters we have here that we call roads. Actually this is my favorite time of the year its about 50 degrees and the turbos love it.

birch
October 11th, 2005, 11:24
I hear ya, Bajo!!

I live in the city so it would definately be a toy. We've got an LR3 for driving over potholes!

I think I'm going to be on the hunt for an RS6 in the coming months though... :addict:

BBGT2
October 11th, 2005, 13:19
Birch,

That is great to hear, let me know when you start looking, there is a Misano red from one of the members here that is like brand new with 4K miles that the owner never drives and it is like brand new.
When you are ready PM and I will call him.

david sestak
October 11th, 2005, 16:13
It is still under cover! I sent a PM Buddy!

BBGT2
October 11th, 2005, 16:58
Birch,

The man himself has made an appearance:D

David is the man you want to talk to if you want a "CLEAN" RS6.

david sestak
October 11th, 2005, 18:48
Bobby,

Just got your note. Thanks! Hope and trust all is well. Call if any friends interested. She is still under cover and perfect!

Dave

Kappe
October 20th, 2005, 00:34
if you want a 2seater sportscar buy the ferrari.. or els just wait for the new RS6.. whats wrong with the old RS6? :rs6kiss:

And if you really cant wait buy the new RS4! thats perfection.. much lighter than the RS6 so bether handling..

oce
October 29th, 2005, 04:37
Nothing, just nothing, beats a full size sedan that leaves flames. it's almost like cheating...

porsche, lotus, ferrari... driven them all, fun to drive for about an hour, and then boring and rough on the rear end... and if you got a briefcase, pack or shopping bag with you, forget about the passenger.

how about you send your RS6 to Hennesy and get this:

Audi RS6 - 600 HP Upgrade Package

Power Output:
600 bhp @ 6,000 rpm
550 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm

0 - 60 mph: 3.8 sec.

Package Includes:

Air Induction Upgrade
Stainless Steel Exhaust Upgrade
Re-programmed Computer
Upgraded Turbos
Stainless Steel Turbo Down Pipes
Upgraded Intercoolers
Upgraded Fuel Pump
Air/Fuel Calibration
Professional Installation
Road Testing (Up to 100 miles)
Limited 2-Year Warranty
Allow 4 - 6 weeks for installation with prior appointment.
Price: $29,500.00 ea

and then find a ferrari at a red light.... (well, so long as its not an F1).. and when your done, pick up your spouse and kids and go to the movies.... and park in a crowded parking lot, where people wont fingerprint all over your auto...

it just doesnt get much better...

now owning both.. that is genuine.

gjg
October 29th, 2005, 12:55
Originally posted by oce
Nothing, just nothing, beats a full size sedan that leaves flames. it's almost like cheating...

yes, it does ... a station wagon ..... :bow:

Kappe
October 29th, 2005, 15:22
Originally posted by oce

porsche, lotus, ferrari... driven them all, fun to drive for about an hour, and then boring and rough on the rear end... and if you got a briefcase, pack or shopping bag with you, forget about the passenger.

how about you send your RS6 to Hennesy and get this:

Audi RS6 - 600 HP Upgrade Package

Power Output:
600 bhp @ 6,000 rpm
550 lb-ft @ 4,500 rpm

0 - 60 mph: 3.8 sec.

Package Includes:

Air Induction Upgrade
Stainless Steel Exhaust Upgrade
Re-programmed Computer
Upgraded Turbos
Stainless Steel Turbo Down Pipes
Upgraded Intercoolers
Upgraded Fuel Pump
Air/Fuel Calibration
Professional Installation
Road Testing (Up to 100 miles)
Limited 2-Year Warranty
Allow 4 - 6 weeks for installation with prior appointment.
Price: $29,500.00 ea

and then find a ferrari at a red light.... (well, so long as its not an F1).. and when your done, pick up your spouse and kids and go to the movies.... and park in a crowded parking lot, where people wont fingerprint all over your auto...

it just doesnt get much better...

now owning both.. that is genuine.

you said: how about you send your RS6 to Hennesy ?? LOL

Send it to sportec, MTM or B&B imo. hahaha
ahh no you live in the usa? that sucks not only in a politic way, but also in a car way :rolleyes:

oce
October 29th, 2005, 21:21
Originally posted by Kappe
you said: how about you send your RS6 to Hennesy ?? LOL

Send it to sportec, MTM or B&B imo. hahaha
ahh no you live in the usa? that sucks not only in a politic way, but also in a car way :rolleyes:

If I could choose, I would use Oettinger, but they won't work on US versions. Since APR is the most notable Audi experts in the US, I will likely send it down to them to work on.

Kappe
October 29th, 2005, 21:32
Originally posted by oce
If I could choose, I would use Oettinger, but they won't work on US versions. Since APR is the most notable Audi experts in the US, I will likely send it down to them to work on.

why oettinger? the ones I called are the ones with the most expiriens

oce
October 30th, 2005, 22:34
why oettinger? the ones I called are the ones with the most expiriens

They all have their pros and cons, I agree on your comments, but in the US, few people have the engineering focus that APR does, AUDI and VM is their only focus, last I talked to them, they have 8 Degree'd Engineers on staff. They have tripled their sales in under 5 years, and they were picked up as the company of choice for Audi/VW mods by most every show listed on the SpeedVision network. (some of that I am sure is barter)

I don't think you could go wrong with any of these guys.

However, I love the 4-Mode APR chip. Something cool about a 180hp, 50mph Valet Mode. And, not sure about your local laws, but in NC, US the emissions standards are tough. The APR stock chip mode is what I'll need to get my sticker. And it's just a few clicks of the cruise control to get it done, no need to reprogram.

Kappe
October 30th, 2005, 22:40
Originally posted by oce
They all have their pros and cons, I agree on your comments, but in the US, few people have the engineering focus that APR does, AUDI and VM is their only focus, last I talked to them, they have 8 Degree'd Engineers on staff. They have tripled their sales in under 5 years, and they were picked up as the company of choice for Audi/VW mods by most every show listed on the SpeedVision network. (some of that I am sure is barter)

I don't think you could go wrong with any of these guys.

However, I love the 4-Mode APR chip. Something cool about a 180hp, 50mph Valet Mode. And, not sure about your local laws, but in NC, US the emissions standards are tough. The APR stock chip mode is what I'll need to get my sticker. And it's just a few clicks of the cruise control to get it done, no need to reprogram.

Yeah I understand in the USA it's like that. But over here you have so much choice :p You have MTM, SKN , B&B , Dahlback , Oettinger, Sportec all high recommended. So it's best to send it over to europe I gues :dance:

gjg
October 31st, 2005, 05:42
Originally posted by oce
in the US, few people have the engineering focus that APR does, AUDI and VM is their only focus

I'd say MTM has the most experience out of all of them. :MTM:

Kappe
October 31st, 2005, 07:58
Originally posted by gjg
I'd say MTM has the most experience out of all of them. :MTM:

That's what I said couple posts ago :p
MTM has the longest experience with audi, thats a fact.. But If you live in the USA you can't bring your audi to MTM :D or does MTM also have a factory in the USA?

(butt I also like the 620HP Dahlback (http://www.dahlbackracing.se/main.asp) RS6 and the 600HP sportec (http://www.sportec.ch/) RS6 and the 650HP B&B (http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/bb2004/en/produkte/motoren/audi/a6/4b/mau_a6_rs6.php) RS6 :p so wich one to choose!)

Edit: @ oce, I only see a engine upgrade to 540hp @ the Oettinger (http://www.oettinger.de/) Official website

oce
October 31st, 2005, 16:12
That's what I said couple posts ago :p
MTM has the longest experience with audi, thats a fact.. But If you live in the USA you can't bring your audi to MTM :D or does MTM also have a factory in the USA?

(butt I also like the 620HP Dahlback (http://www.dahlbackracing.se/main.asp) RS6 and the 600HP sportec (http://www.sportec.ch/) RS6 and the 650HP B&B (http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/bb2004/en/produkte/motoren/audi/a6/4b/mau_a6_rs6.php) RS6 :p so wich one to choose!)

Edit: @ oce, I only see a engine upgrade to 540hp @ the Oettinger (http://www.oettinger.de/) Official website

540HP, yeah thats right. Not sure what you meant by the edit. Hennesy, here in the US, has a 600HP version.. its a complete stage III overhaul though, much like MTM's, but without the core engine mods, just part replacements. Does anybody here have a 600+HP version, it would be interesting since Audi only rates their 4.2 powerplant at 600hp max. With all of the core engine modifications required to get over 600HP, what kind of life do you drain from the powerplant?

Also, does MTM modify the differential's over 600HP, seems like you'd smoke alot of front tire on corners with that much juice to the front wheels. I noticed one of the bg mods for the 2.7t A4 (ater stage III upgrades) is an 80/20 diff. Anybody done this to their RS6?

Kappe
October 31st, 2005, 16:50
Originally posted by oce
540HP, yeah thats right. Not sure what you meant by the edit. Hennesy, here in the US, has a 600HP version.. its a complete stage III overhaul though, much like MTM's, but without the core engine mods, just part replacements. Does anybody here have a 600+HP version, it would be interesting since Audi only rates their 4.2 powerplant at 600hp max. With all of the core engine modifications required to get over 600HP, what kind of life do you drain from the powerplant?

Also, does MTM modify the differential's over 600HP, seems like you'd smoke alot of front tire on corners with that much juice to the front wheels. I noticed one of the bg mods for the 2.7t A4 (ater stage III upgrades) is an 80/20 diff. Anybody done this to their RS6?

where did you get the info about audi saying that they rate there 4.2 powerplant @ a max of 600HP? There is a MTM 600HP RS4, and that's only a 2.7L biturbo..
As you see in my post they already have a 600HP+ 4.2, and B&B (http://www.bb-automobiltechnik.de/bb2004/en/produkte/motoren/audi/a6/4b/mau_a6_rs6.php) also garrantys 2years/100.000KM with there 650HP version.. so just click the names in my post and that wil bring you to there home sites..

And yeah offcourse they change the diff.. most of the times it's somewhere like 60back 40 front. Like the new S and RS models of audi :D

(BTW the 4.2L Biturbo is also used in other factory cars aswel. In the spyker C8 spider T it has 525HP and in a other car, can't remember it's name. It has 650HP in it, it's a expensive kit car, but you can also buy it already essembled)

JAXRS6
November 1st, 2005, 02:50
Originally posted by oce
Hennesy, here in the US, has a 600HP version..

Hennesy, if it's an outfit in Texas, was the object of serious badmouthing at the Audiworld S4 site a couple of years ago, maybe more. Wish I could look up the thread/post but AW has changed its search function so that one needs to know who made the post in order to find it, and it's too old for me to remember that.

What I do remember, vaguely, is complaints about Hennesy's work on Audis and something to the effect that Hennesy was better at tuning US cars. Maybe things have changed, but that's what I recall from then.

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 07:52
Yeah I only know hennesy from tuning puke: american cars to..
Every tuning company can tune a audi.. But audi is most of the time simply to outrages.. The engine is just to much for the :harass: american :harass: enginers to handle :p
So just stick with the tuning company's I named tbh :dance:

JAXRS6
November 1st, 2005, 14:15
The engine is just to much for the :harass: american :harass: enginers to handle :p

So European engineers must make a chip that can be re-programmed to stock, valet, race gas etc. while under way. Or one that is not physical at all, but whose programming is, in effect, injected into the engine's computer -- so there is no physical evidence that it's there.

What European brands have these features?

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 14:26
Originally posted by JAXRS6
If European engineers are superior, they must make a chip that can be re-programmed to stock, valet, race gas etc. while under way. Or one that is not physical at all, but whose programming is, in effect, injected into the engine's computer -- so there is no physical evidence that it's there.

What European brands have these features?

It also was a joke.. But yeah european engineers can tune there european cars better :) it's about ajustments.. And it's more about real engine tuning.. not only chiptuning.. and make it al work together..

Why do you think the americans need a 6L V8 where we only need a 3L V6 to blast it away.. It's just a fact that europeans are better engineers.. The american's almost didn't invent anything :nono: (sorry to be rude)
If it wasn't to europe we only had some big earth distroying heavy ugly v8's on the road.. and some small high reving japanees cars :p

JAXRS6
November 1st, 2005, 14:42
Kappe, the RS6 board may not be the best place to complain about "big earth destroying heavy ugly V8s on the road."

I don't doubt that many of your comments are true. However, you didn't answer my question about whether euro chip makers offer the same advanced features as their American counterparts. I hope you, or someone, will answer this.

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 14:50
Kappe, the RS6 board may not be the best place to complain about "big earth destroying heavy ugly V8s on the road."

I don't doubt that many of your comments are true. However, you didn't answer my question about whether euro chip makers offer the same advanced features as their American counterparts. I hope you, or someone, will answer this.

that was a b*llsh*t question anyways :)
And about the american cars.. what ever :doh:

Erik
November 1st, 2005, 14:56
Kappe :rolleyes: RS6.com is not the best place to rant about big V8s and power vs. the environment.

As far as I am concerned I love the air to be clean. Because our turbochargers need a lot of air! :hahahehe:

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 15:05
Originally posted by Erik
Kappe :rolleyes: RS6.com is not the best place to rant about big V8s and power vs. the environment.

As far as I am concerned I love the air to be clean. Because our turbochargers need a lot of air! :hahahehe:

True true :p

I just needed to clear my mind :rolleyes: sorry :rs6kiss:

Benman
November 1st, 2005, 15:51
that was a b*llsh*t question anyways :)

I thought it was a legitimate question?

JAXRS6
November 1st, 2005, 15:52
that was a b*llsh*t question anyways

How so? Because you don't know or like the answers?

I note from your profile that you are only 19. It shows. I was there once, and life treated me much better when I was curious as opposed to being judgmental. Still does.

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 16:09
How so? Because you don't know or like the answers?

I note from your profile that you are only 19. It shows. I was there once, and life treated me much better when I was curious as opposed to being judgmental. Still does.

Becaus if you want that kind uff stuff why would you like a RS6? it's complete noncens if you think it over :) and for the record I'm 22 :)

JAXRS6
November 1st, 2005, 16:27
Becaus if you want that kind uff stuff why would you like a RS6? it's complete noncens if you think it over :) and for the record I'm 22 :)

Your profile showed a date of birth in January 1986, which calculates to age 19. Looks like you've corrected it now, tho.

You may regard modifying the RS6 to perform better as nonsense, but a good portion of owners here believe otherwise. They bought a fast car and want to make it faster; happens all the time, on both sides of the Atlantic. The only thing holding me back is warranty consequence.

Meantime I'm still hoping to find out if euro chips have features like programs for stock, valet, race gas etc. that can be changed while underway. Also wondering if any euro chip makers program electronically, meaning there's no actual chip but only a transmission of data. Does anyone know the answer to my b*llsh*t questions?!? :idea:

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 16:36
Your profile showed a date of birth in January 1986, which calculates to age 19. Looks like you've corrected it now, tho.

You may regard modifying the RS6 to perform better as nonsense, but a good portion of owners here believe otherwise. They bought a fast car and want to make it faster; happens all the time, on both sides of the Atlantic. The only thing holding me back is warranty consequence.

you asked a different question :) look @ your first post.. And yes we want to get it faster :) My dad has a RS6 chipt and full exaust and brembo brake kit by MTM. So I know it improves a lot :p Cuz Í'm also getting those options on my sportback Tfsi friday :dance:

And over here you have Tuning company's with there own warrenty's. And over here you also have tuning company's where audi them selfs give there warrenty :D

So you live in the US :confused:

Edit: yes there are chips that you can hook up to a laptop and receive some data

Benman
November 1st, 2005, 16:36

And that mirrors my take on moddifying the RS 6 as well. It is not nonsense to want to make a fast car even faster. But like JAX, I don't want to throw away a free maintenance.

A lot of other owners here have gone the mod route and would certainly not think it nonsense that they DID mod their cars.

BTW, you still have not answered his question.

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 16:41
Edit to my last post. Yeah they can reprogram the audi chip.. But that takes a lot of time.. And they also can get it back to stock.. So what they do is replace it.. with a even better chip.. That they don't change

JAXRS6
November 1st, 2005, 17:01
Edit to my last post. Yeah they can reprogram the audi chip.. But that takes a lot of time.. And they also can get it back to stock.. So what they do is replace it.. with a even better chip.. That they don't change

As mentioned both times I asked, I'm wondering if euro tuners make a chip that can change programs while underway -- so that "takes a lot of time" is not a factor. US-based APR has offered this for many years, and I experienced their products on two Audis over 40K mi with zero problems.

APR also appears to be at the forefront of port technology, i.e. allowing performance programming to be transmitted electronically rather than with a chip. They have not yet perfected it for the RS6, however, due in part to the complexity of the RS6.

That complexity goes to the heart of engineering differences between the US and Europe IMO. Granted, Europeans are more sophisticated in their engineering, and that's a good thing for the advancement of automotive science. The pushrod technology used here is older, I know, but does that make it worse? From what I read, and have experienced with my RS6, sometimes older technology is more reliable, it's almost always cheaper to repair the car or replace parts, and it offers more bang for the buck. What's wrong with that?

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 17:21
As mentioned both times I asked, I'm wondering if euro tuners make a chip that can change programs while underway -- so that "takes a lot of time" is not a factor. US-based APR has offered this for many years, and I experienced their products on two Audis over 40K mi with zero problems.

APR also appears to be at the forefront of port technology, i.e. allowing performance programming to be transmitted electronically rather than with a chip. They have not yet perfected it for the RS6, however, due in part to the complexity of the RS6.

That complexity goes to the heart of engineering differences between the US and Europe IMO. Granted, Europeans are more sophisticated in their engineering, and that's a good thing for the advancement of automotive science. The pushrod technology used here is older, I know, but does that make it worse? From what I read, and have experienced with my RS6, sometimes older technology is more reliable, it's almost always cheaper to repair the car or replace parts, and it offers more bang for the buck. What's wrong with that?

I already understand the question.. But why do you want to change the program?
I think you can only have problems with that.. So just take a normal chip.. And it doesn't really mather that much if it's a older 1.. But The advantage of a new 1 is that they have more experience making it, so it's better. It's not like with other electronics, that they use cheaper materials later on. That's not the case with a A brand chip like the one from MTM, They didn't change big thinks in the RS6 model chips, only good things.
So just go with chips from experienced audi tuners like MTM and SKN.. and if you don't have that in the usa I heard Oettinger was active over there.. They are also experienced.
(sorry for the crappy english :p )

gjg
November 1st, 2005, 17:21
MTM has the longest experience with audi, thats a fact.. But If you live in the USA you can't bring your audi to MTM or does MTM also have a factory in the USA?

MTM has a rep in US for last 15 some years, also experienced Audi people. One other issue - MTM chips (or at least some of them) are modified to US petrol.

gjg
November 1st, 2005, 17:34
I have to set the record straight here ....

Why do you think the americans need a 6L V8 where we only need a 3L V6 to blast it away.. It's just a fact that europeans are better engineers.. The american's almost didn't invent anything (sorry to be rude)

gents, Americans may be the worst engineers but I can guarantee you that dutch drivers are the abosolute worse on autobahn - not because they cannot drive but because thet have absolutely no respect for anyone else

for all of you dumb Americans driving in Europe, use extra caution when approaching car with NL (Netherlands - that is around Amsterodam for you guys) plates.

They will - on purpose - move to the left lane driving 100-130 km/h to pass someone who is 3 km ahead of them to make sure you get the oportunity to test your brakes while you travel in the same lane at 250 ... of course, no turn signal either, this is something they do not have on their cars ..

And am not rude, this is fact of life.
:doh:

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 17:52
Originally posted by gjg

gents, Americans may be the worst engineers but I can guarantee you that dutch drivers are the abosolute worse on autobahn - not because they cannot drive but because thet have absolutely no respect for anyone else

for all of you dumb Americans driving in Europe, use extra caution when approaching car with NL (Netherlands - that is around Amsterodam for you guys) plates.

They will - on purpose - move to the left lane driving 100-130 km/h to pass someone who is 3 km ahead of them to make sure you get the oportunity to test your brakes while you travel in the same lane at 250 ... of course, no turn signal either, this is something they do not have on their cars ..

And am not rude, this is fact of life.
:doh:

Whahahaha your the funniest @ home right? :p hahahaha
I think you have some bad experience with dutch drivers.. In every country you have 65+ people and woman.. So I think you just were in the wrong place at the wrong time :P
And the biggest part in the netherlands always drive on the right if they can..
Not like in france or germany th0 :D If you have a 10 lane Empty freeway and you see 1 car.. and he's driving on the far left side.. It's a french guy or a german dude.. And that's the truth.. I live in the netherlands So I know how they drive over here (and it's not beautifull) and I know how they drive in france and germany. trust me it's way worse.
It's just becaus in The Netherlands live to much people, so the roads are full. That's why you think we can't drive.. But trust me if you are on a busy french or german road.. You think your in hell IMO :P

Benman
November 1st, 2005, 18:03
Originally posted by gjg

:D WAY OT, but..:applause: :applause:

gjg
November 1st, 2005, 19:11
pardon me, sir ...

It's just becaus in The Netherlands live to much people, so the roads are full. That's why you think we can't drive.. But trust me if you are on a busy french or german road.. You think your in hell IMO :P

I did not say you can't drive, what I am saying that your attitude on the road sucks and, in texas terms, driving like that in some parts of ol' US you'd get shot.

I do drive in Germany quite a bit - and what I wrote is only from personal experience. Driving in left lane on a-bahn statistically out of 10 a******s creating dangerous situations by moving to the left lane with absolute disregard to incoming traffic you will find:

1. Five (5) drivers from Netherlands
2. Two ( )2 drivers from France(75 plates mostly)
3. One from former Ost Germany (usually Berlinn, Dresden or Leipsig)
4. One from Prague or Vienna depeng to distance of relevant border

And, the slight touch of the brakes when they n"notice" the car behind them in the left lane is a small icing on the cake ...

Going further east it is even worse. Of course the number one position will score more dutch drivers during summer season ... French are more arrogant (is such thing exists) in Eastern EU countries ...

And of course the young green party supporting dutch drivers in their ecologically aspired japanese/korean vehiles equally contribute to the above statistics ....

:wo:
:argue:

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 19:16
Originally posted by gjg
pardon me, sir ...

I did not say you can't drive, what I am saying that your attitude on the road sucks and, in texas terms, driving like that in some parts of ol' US you'd get shot.

I do drive in Germany quite a bit - and what I wrote is only from personal experience. Driving in left lane on a-bahn statistically out of 10 a******s creating dangerous situations by moving to the left lane with absolute disregard to incoming traffic you will find:

1. Five (5) drivers from Netherlands
2. Two ( )2 drivers from France
3. One from former Ost Germany (usually Berlinn, Dresden or Leipsig)
4. One from Prague or Vienna depeng to distance of relevant border

And, the slight touch of the brakes when they n"notice" the car behind them in the left lane is a small icing on the cake ...

Going further east it is even worse. Of course the number one position will score more dutch drivers during summer season ... French are more arrogant (is such thing exists) in Eastern EU countries ...

And of course the young green party supporting dutch drivers in their ecologically aspired japanese/korean vehiles equally contribute to the above statistics ....

:wo:
:argue:

Yeah that could be.. But you wont have any trooble with me th0 :p I think you can't even keep up with me :hahahehe:

gjg
November 1st, 2005, 19:21
now that's the word - come over, I'll show you how my exhaust pipes look at 300 .....

:cheers:

Erik
November 1st, 2005, 19:36
gjg, Agreed on the dutch drivers. But don't forget those from Belgium! :looking:

mi021le
November 1st, 2005, 19:39
Originally posted by oce

hen- i wouldnt trust. but they dont give u intercoolers and dont touch the motor.

dahlback- changes the cams and gaskets

sportec- ports the heads and cams

b&b- ports the heads and cams

mtm- changes the gaskets.

but when u up the turbo sizes on the same boost level u will get about 30+ hp without changing the boost yet.

u can get mtm, sportec, and dahlback in the us.

steve
November 1st, 2005, 19:42
gjg, Agreed on the dutch drivers. But don't forget those from Belgium! :looking:

What's wrong with us belgians?:p
imo the french are worst. They don't seem to care about a scratch more or less...

all relative ofcourse ;)

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 21:03
Originally posted by mi021le
hen- i wouldnt trust. but they dont give u intercoolers and dont touch the motor.

dahlback- changes the cams and gaskets

sportec- ports the heads and cams

b&b- ports the heads and cams

mtm- changes the gaskets.

but when u up the turbo sizes on the same boost level u will get about 30+ hp without changing the boost yet.

u can get mtm, sportec, and dahlback in the us.

What's in the dahlback stage 1 package? like a chip and full exaust system or something? BTW I saw the 900HP golf Dahlback in action :360:

My father gots a MTM upgrade kit to 535HP and brembo brake kit th0 :p Then you get full exaust system, chip, little bit bigger fuel pump and better air filters :p and the effect is just mind blowing :D

(I'm getting friday a MTM upgrade on my sportback Tfsi!! chip, full exaust(270HP+ I hope) and lowerd suspension. And maybe if they say it's really better to get a brembo brake kit, that as well :D)

mi021le
November 1st, 2005, 21:44
What's in the dahlback stage 1 package? like a chip and full exaust system or something? BTW I saw the 900HP golf Dahlback in action :360:

My father gots a MTM upgrade kit to 535HP and brembo brake kit th0 :p Then you get full exaust system, chip, little bit bigger fuel pump and better air filters :p and the effect is just mind blowing :D

(I'm getting friday a MTM upgrade on my sportback Tfsi!! chip, full exaust(270HP+ I hope) and lowerd suspension. And maybe if they say it's really better to get a brembo brake kit, that as well :D)
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379344_361_full.jpg
its air filters and chip. but soon im geting the dahlback downpipes kit. i think thats stage 3. i think im going to go with sportecs 400 mm brakes. but ive heard stoptec and one other are starting up a brake kit for the a8 using the same style brakes as the rs4 has. so we will see when its out. and when it starts to trickle down to lets say the rs6 :rs6kiss:

have fun with ur car. i have a friend pushing 22 psi on a 1.8 and its fun. enjoy

Benman
November 1st, 2005, 21:59
Hey, don't get Johan going!:D

Kappe
November 1st, 2005, 22:03
Originally posted by mi021le
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379344_361_full.jpg
its air filters and chip. but soon im geting the dahlback downpipes kit. i think thats stage 3. i think im going to go with sportecs 400 mm brakes. but ive heard stoptec and one other are starting up a brake kit for the a8 using the same style brakes as the rs4 has. so we will see when its out. and when it starts to trickle down to lets say the rs6 :rs6kiss:

have fun with ur car. i have a friend pushing 22 psi on a 1.8 and its fun. enjoy

Ahh nice :) Personally I would go for a Brembo brake kit cuz the have the most experience in brakes.. MTM also only offers Brembo brake kits for there cars..
For there RS6 they have this option: MTM-Brembobrake 380x34mm front Brake disks groved, stainless steel breaklines, add-on-parts, brake caliper 8 Kolben

Btw the 1.8 turbo engine also is a masterpiece :) I also have some friends with that engine.. 1 in a S3 chipt to 270HP, and 1 in his golf 2 GTI(one from a 180HP tt, it's chipt an has bigger turbo's an he has a tt transmission etc etc, his father owns the audi/VW dealer in my city :p ) And a other 1 in his golf 3 cabrio, with 290HP :)