PDA

View Full Version : RRS or Toureg W12?

gnomik007
June 23rd, 2005, 10:09
Yesterday I have recieved a phonecall from one of VW dealers in Moscow offering me W12 Toureg.I have already set my mind on new Range Sport, but now I am having 2nd thoughts.Price of course is significantly different between the two (40K USD more to be percise for W12) but is the W12 worth it?Its VW:) maybe with nice interior and big engine but still VW.I asked around my friends for advice but did not really get any strong vews as there is absolutely no info on VW and how good or bad it is.So plz if anyone has driven one or has any more info DO TELL.

THX :)

JavierNuvolari
June 23rd, 2005, 13:41
Hi, well I have the TopGear episodewhen Jeremy Clarkson tests the Touareg V10...he says that unless you live in the country side it's no use and that the front of the car is ridicously heavy...I can send you the video if you like.

MSN ID : apollo1982@hotmail.com

Cheers,

Javier

Benman
June 23rd, 2005, 15:56
Sorry, no info on the W12, but my friend at Land Rover was very impressed with the RRS. And if the price is $40K more for the VW, I'd say save your $$$ and get the RRS. I seriously DOUBT that the W12 is a $40K better vehicle. Just my 1 cent

Ben:addict:

Inline Six
June 26th, 2005, 18:40
Ranger for sure. You know what, actually, G55 in black!

gnomik007
June 27th, 2005, 20:53
Originally posted by Inline Six
Ranger for sure. You know what, actually, G55 in black!

I was thinking of getting RED BRABUS one :)

J0X
June 27th, 2005, 22:00
Originally posted by gnomik007
I was thinking of getting RED BRABUS one :)

NOW you're talking! Do it! Do eeet!

itisme
June 29th, 2005, 15:46
isn't the VW W12 toureg a limited one? Quality is said to extremly nice and good.. just like the Phaeton who is said to be the best in it's class...

gnomik007
June 30th, 2005, 22:01
??? I have been talking to some people over last couple of days and most of them including head sale manager of one of the biggest lannd rover dealerships in Moscow shared opinion that RRS is not a reliable car even though the car driving is good.I dont know what to think.It seems that the car handles well onroad and offroad but was built or maybe engineered poorly. I am confused now and tomorrow will go to VW dealership to get more info on W12 toureg.If the car is packed with things like bluetooth and TV and sway and etc. AND if I will be able to get a better price,who knows,maybe I will just order one :) if LUCKY

mjrr
June 30th, 2005, 23:33
Don't know wheather you understand German, but I've found a Comparison between the Touareg W12 and the Porsche Cayenne Turbo. Both cars are well made and a beauty for it's own, but all in all they prefered the Porsche due to the high price, the low pressure of the motor (?) and the oil consumption of the Touareg.

http://video.sport1.de/pub/Video/msmedia/de/Motorvision/Motorvision/mv109-suv_wmt_adsl.asf

greets mjrr

edit: This Touareg is limited to 300 pieces... VW says that most of these cars are already sold.

FrenchAudi
July 1st, 2005, 18:28
Also 80% are sent to the Middle East.