PDA

View Full Version : Mute Button?

Azura
June 21st, 2005, 11:12
Hi, I got my RS6 a couple of months ago and I love it! I used to have a E46 M3, then a 996 C4, but the RS6 IMHO is the best of the bunch. It is beautifully built, nicely but not overly understated, and the sound...!

I had a quick question... I have a MY03 RS6 with Sat Nav. I was wondering if there is an easy way to say mute the Sat Nav voice instructions while the radio is on? I know you can go through the menu system and set the volume to zero, or you can turn the volume using the know down to minimum (but not zero when the Sat Nav chick speaks... but is there an easy mute? For example, in my previous car, a BMW, you just pressed and held the volume button and it automatically muted.

Thanks in advance.

oce
July 28th, 2005, 15:35
Nope,

There is no way according to the manual. As a side note, I also miss my PAUSE button for pausing music cds. I had an Elite Max that had a dual purpose MUTE/PAUSE button. Even though I own two audi's and think they are some of the best cars out there. I am still unimpressed by Audi's slow response to a better electronic user interface. I will be picking up a fully loaded S-Line A6 in a couple months and it still doesn't have MUTE/PAUSE! But it has come along way.