PDA

View Full Version : M. Schumacher and his RS6

RS Fan
June 20th, 2005, 13:35
Hey Guys,

First, let me begin by saying that I have been viewing these boards since they started and they are a great source for AUDI high performance car info. :) I'm a former owner of a Audi S4, bi-turbo..which in my opinion was probably the best car I ever had! The interior was AMAZING!!!! BUT, unfortunately, I had to sell it and I currently, drive....and I apologize....a Honda Civic! :doh: :cry: But, it it gives me a good gas mileage so I'm really happy because I drive a LONG way to work.

BUT, I had to register and write this thread because I was reading the DEBACLE which was the Indy F1 race...and I logged onto and Indy newspaper website. They had an interesting write-up with a one Mr. Schumacher..titled..'Ten Minutes with Michael Schumacher' I think you guys will like some of the things he said in the interveiw....I have copied it ...and here it is:

Question: What was your first car?

Answer: "A Fiat 500. It was my father's. It was so old (that) you couldn't run it on the road, but where we lived (in Germany) there were not official roads. So that was my car and I drove it. I was 8 years old."

Q: What is your favorite passenger car today?

A: "The new (Ferrari) 430. Very lovely; I got it a month ago. The 360 was a great car. But the 430 is such a step up."

Q: What is your favorite non-Ferrari?

A: "I used to have an Audi RS6 that I liked very much. It's probably 25 percent of the fun of the 430."

Q: Is the 430 25 percent of the fun of your F-1 car?

A: "Maybe 10 percent."

Q: Is driving in the U.S. more fun than in Europe?

A: "In a way, yes and no. You have speed limits in Europe, as well, except in Germany. That's good fun, but then we have so much traffic that you can't really drive fast. Here you have some big highways, great roads, and you have this very nice speed limit."

Q: What do you think of the driving in NASCAR?

A: "To me, it looks like it's much more tactic than skill of driving. It doesn't matter to go pull a gap because you're going to have a yellow flag."

Q: Are race car drivers athletes?

A: "Very often I play soccer with the athletes, and I'm not looking too bad. Look at (rifle) shooting: It's very high-level concentration, not a high-level of effort. Our sport is a combination of that."

Q: Speaking of soccer, wasn't one of your sports heroes a soccer, uh, football player?

A: "Yes, Tony Schumacher, a goalkeeper. I told all my schoolmates that I was (his) little nephew. I met him some years after when I was in Formula One, and he was quite amused."

Q: What did you do on your week-long trip to Montana a few weeks ago?

A: "Fly fishing, riding horses, motorcycling, riding (four-wheelers), clay shooting."

Q: Does your contract prevent you from doing anything?

A: "No. Enjoy as much as you can, but be careful."

Q: Anything humorous happen on your trip?

A: "Yes, actually. We were in Yellowstone (National Park) watching a bear, some sort of grizzly. I turn around and see some people sitting in the motor home and I tell them, in English, 'There's a bear.' I get back in my car and my wife said, 'Look, it's a German (license) plate.' They were German people. No wonder they looked at me kind of strange."

-- Curt Cavin

Like the RS6 part???
:) :)

I have German friends and they SWEAR by the Audi mark! AND, so does Michael!

rks838
June 21st, 2005, 03:55
Michael Schumacher had an RS6...interesting...

Anybody driven the F430? Comparisons :hihi:?

Bauer
June 22nd, 2005, 04:12
I have not but a friend of mine has and said it is an simply amazing piece of equipment.......very few equals in his opinion.

from the numbers I would have to agree....and I really like the 430.,..much better the the 360 IMO.

Toto89
August 17th, 2005, 21:16
I'm sure that there is some RS6 which compared to a Ferrari 430 the Ferrari has only 25%of the fun as in the RS6:D :hihi: :addict:
AUDI is the coolest car,no question about:hihi:

mi021le
August 18th, 2005, 04:43
heard that rs6 he had was a stage 4 mtm

Erik
August 18th, 2005, 07:53
Originally posted by rks838
Michael Schumacher had an RS6...

Some time ago there was even a video with him and his RS6 from Sweden on the forum. (Swedish Rally I think) I think his brothers has a really big house close to a skiing resort in Norway.

Toto89
August 18th, 2005, 11:22
I think every RS6 has a higher high speed than F430(~310kmh if I know well) and even the slowest RS6(the stock with 450 hp) is able to reach 315,but I know the RS6 is slower on 0-100kmh(F430:3,9sec-stock RS6:4,8sec) but there are some AUDIs which are much faster than F430 in all sort of racing:just see the MTM's Clubsport modell B5 RS4.This has 602 hp and can run 0-100kmh at 3,8sec ,0-200:12,5sec and able to reach 334kmh!It has only 2,7 kg/hp against the 2,95kg/hp of the F430.
I'd love to see Schumi's or other Ferrari owners face when they run at full thortle on a motorway at 310kmh and suddenly an AUDI appears from behind and push down the Ferrari to the outer lane with an estate car:D :hahahehe: :race:

Speedou
August 18th, 2005, 16:10
But that Audi is still just something like 25% fun of F430, it's not all about horsepowers...With rwd the Ferrari don't even try to be the fastest car on straightline...and why to compare some clubsport to normal Ferrari?

360M
August 19th, 2005, 18:46
I can say that the RS6 is 50% fun of the 360M. :hihi:

Benman
August 19th, 2005, 22:16
Originally posted by 360M
I can say that the RS6 is 50% fun of the 360M. :hihi:
But only 40% the cost, so not bad value then.:D :thumb:

Ben:addict:

360M
August 20th, 2005, 01:31
true, true. :looking:

graFFe
August 23rd, 2005, 00:28
Originally posted by Erik
Some time ago there was even a video with him and his RS6 from Sweden on the forum. (Swedish Rally I think) I think his brothers has a really big house close to a skiing resort in Norway.

Yes, in Trysil.

Habib
March 6th, 2011, 16:45
Hey Guys,

First, let me begin by saying that I have been viewing these boards since they started and they are a great source for AUDI high performance car info. :) I'm a former owner of a Audi S4, bi-turbo..which in my opinion was probably the best car I ever had! The interior was AMAZING!!!! BUT, unfortunately, I had to sell it and I currently, drive....and I apologize....a Honda Civic! :doh: :cry: But, it it gives me a good gas mileage so I'm really happy because I drive a LONG way to work.

BUT, I had to register and write this thread because I was reading the DEBACLE which was the Indy F1 race...and I logged onto and Indy newspaper website. They had an interesting write-up with a one Mr. Schumacher..titled..'Ten Minutes with Michael Schumacher' I think you guys will like some of the things he said in the interveiw....I have copied it ...and here it is:

Question: What was your first car?

Answer: "A Fiat 500. It was my father's. It was so old (that) you couldn't run it on the road, but where we lived (in Germany) there were not official roads. So that was my car and I drove it. I was 8 years old."

Q: What is your favorite passenger car today?

A: "The new (Ferrari) 430. Very lovely; I got it a month ago. The 360 was a great car. But the 430 is such a step up."

Q: What is your favorite non-Ferrari?

A: "I used to have an Audi RS6 that I liked very much. It's probably 25 percent of the fun of the 430."

Q: Is the 430 25 percent of the fun of your F-1 car?

A: "Maybe 10 percent."

Q: Is driving in the U.S. more fun than in Europe?

A: "In a way, yes and no. You have speed limits in Europe, as well, except in Germany. That's good fun, but then we have so much traffic that you can't really drive fast. Here you have some big highways, great roads, and you have this very nice speed limit."

Q: What do you think of the driving in NASCAR?

A: "To me, it looks like it's much more tactic than skill of driving. It doesn't matter to go pull a gap because you're going to have a yellow flag."

Q: Are race car drivers athletes?

A: "Very often I play soccer with the athletes, and I'm not looking too bad. Look at (rifle) shooting: It's very high-level concentration, not a high-level of effort. Our sport is a combination of that."

Q: Speaking of soccer, wasn't one of your sports heroes a soccer, uh, football player?

A: "Yes, Tony Schumacher, a goalkeeper. I told all my schoolmates that I was (his) little nephew. I met him some years after when I was in Formula One, and he was quite amused."

Q: What did you do on your week-long trip to Montana a few weeks ago?

A: "Fly fishing, riding horses, motorcycling, riding (four-wheelers), clay shooting."

Q: Does your contract prevent you from doing anything?

A: "No. Enjoy as much as you can, but be careful."

Q: Anything humorous happen on your trip?

A: "Yes, actually. We were in Yellowstone (National Park) watching a bear, some sort of grizzly. I turn around and see some people sitting in the motor home and I tell them, in English, 'There's a bear.' I get back in my car and my wife said, 'Look, it's a German (license) plate.' They were German people. No wonder they looked at me kind of strange."

-- Curt Cavin

Like the RS6 part???
:) :)

I have German friends and they SWEAR by the Audi mark! AND, so does Michael!

HI..

I new in this Forum.
However, i am interested to make a comment on the Michael Schumacher's RS6. I must to tell you all guys, that this is real and true that he has (or had) an RS6. It was RS6 Black in Colour, with 20' black modified rim. and all totally black.
I saw him in his car in Lausanne area, Switzerland. Actually, i met him when he parked his car just close to my car. at the beginning i simply didnt aware that is him...
unfortunately, i havent a chance to take photos...because, i was so shock:hahahehe:

That is all guys..

Habib
March 6th, 2011, 16:45
HI..

I new in this Forum.
However, i am interested to make a comment on the Michael Schumacher's RS6. I must to tell you all guys, that this is real and true that he has (or had) an RS6. It was RS6 Black in Colour, with 20' black modified rim. and all totally black.
I saw him in his car in Lausanne area, Switzerland. Actually, i met him when he parked his car just close to my car. at the beginning i simply didnt aware that is him...
unfortunately, i havent a chance to take photos...because, i was so shock

That is all guys..

Brav
March 6th, 2011, 18:07
I have driven all 3, owned a 360. 360 is great fun, although I wouldnt call it FAST. But very engaging, which is what a ferrari is (supposed to be) about. The 430 is a bit more refined, more reliable, more torque. Probably even daily driveable. The problem for me is the style (not as beautiful of lines of 360) and the engine note doesnt compare to a 360s high pitch. You have to work for the speed in the 360 a bit more and its twitchy at high speed. 430 not so much.

FWIW, my insurance is MORE expensive on the RS6, as have been the maintenance costs.. lol.

PALETTE
March 7th, 2011, 01:41
have driven the Fcar not a fan sorry. The Pcar is tops in my list then the RS6. Unless Ferrari is 25x a better car then its not a fair fight, The RS6 is 25 times less expensive!

DonS
March 7th, 2011, 02:29
I enjoyed some laps on a damp Road Course at Las Vegas speedway in a 430 Scuderia and then a Lambroghini Gallardo. The 430 was amazingly quick, and fast, and handled like it was on rails. It was also scarey as the traction control lit up as the up shifts hit their gear. Given more time I would have found it more comfortable to drive faster and faster. The Scuderia is a waste for the street.

The Lambo was more assuring to drive fast, while you never felt you were going fast. The AWD and more heavy feeling made it seem more solid on the damp track. The Lambo would make for adecent street car if I could sit in it without hitting my head on the roof.

The RS6 is a blast on the street regardless of conditions (dry, rain, snow, ice, friggen tornados) - maybe its time for some track laps...

ben916
March 7th, 2011, 03:32
I have driven all 3, owned a 360. 360 is great fun, although I wouldnt call it FAST. But very engaging, which is what a ferrari is (supposed to be) about. The 430 is a bit more refined, more reliable, more torque. Probably even daily driveable. The problem for me is the style (not as beautiful of lines of 360) and the engine note doesnt compare to a 360s high pitch. You have to work for the speed in the 360 a bit more and its twitchy at high speed. 430 not so much.

FWIW, my insurance is MORE expensive on the RS6, as have been the maintenance costs.. lol.

But does that mean you are having fun in your RS6 or no?

hahnmgh63
March 7th, 2011, 04:28
So when was this interview? A few years ago when Michael was working for Ferrari? Probably.

Brav
March 8th, 2011, 00:47
But does that mean you are having fun in your RS6 or no?

Of course. The RS6 I love because of the effortlessness, comfort, rarity, sleek style and speed, with reasonable handling. I like leapfrogging people on the freeway like they are standing still. I wore out the outside 3rd of my treads already from drifting on every other interchange and on ramp. I use it..

I drive the 360 for the sound, engaging experience, sound, thrill at the limit, and sound :D Mine was VERY loud. Definitely no leapfrogging.. have to earn every MPH. A Gallardo is a numb, brute feeling. Not as confident at the limit as a 430 IMHO. A Scud again, is a way different animal.. still very streatable. If you are talking about an LP560/70 instead of a Gallardo, again different animal, really. Gallardo.. can be more mindless due to AWD. But certainly not a better handling car by any standard from a 430, given a proper driver. and extremely uncomfortable (for tall folks). Yes, simpler to drive.. its all a matter if what you want from the car. For me, a special car has to be engaging. If the RS6 was as engaging as a Ferrari or Noble, I certainly couldn't handle driving it daily.

MaxRS6
March 8th, 2011, 01:25
^^ Vedy nice driving experiences!