PDA

View Full Version : US Specs RS6 spotted in South Africa

avdh
February 9th, 2003, 13:50
Click on the link below

US RS6 in SA (http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/thread?forumid=199319&messageid=1044794420&lp=1044794420)

JP4
February 9th, 2003, 15:42
Andre...thanks for the little anecdote from SA. Now you've got me curious as to the differences in the bumpers in the US spec cars vs the rest of the civilized world. Interesting for sure! It will probably be some time before we see side by side pix of the 2 configurations. I had read previously about the upgraded cooling system too in the US spec cars. Apparently the intercoolers in the Euro cars are getting cooling fluid from the engines cooling jacket and the US/SA cars are getting cooling fluid to the intercoolers directly from the radiator. Is that the way you understand it? Finally....something on the positive side for the US/SA vehicles. I'm really sad that Audi isn't going to the expense to "federalize" those Recaro's for the RS6 though. :vsad:

JP4

Nordschleife
February 10th, 2003, 12:10
Guys
The engineer in question is back in Ingolstadt on Wednesday, and I have to speak to him - its a small world!

R+C
PS He speaks excellent English, by the way! In my experience, Afrikaans speakers are easily understood by Germans