PDA

View Full Version : It's been fun, but time to sign off

calemany
June 17th, 2005, 14:33
Well I finally went off the deep end. Last week I made the mistake? of driving a 996 turbo S cabriolet. Needless to say it didn't take long for me to place a deposit for one. I take delivery today and say goodbye to my RS6. The good news is that the RS6 is as hot ticket and the dealers all wanted it in trade. The offers where in the low 60's. So it should sell for at least 65 to 67K. It's been a pleasure communicating and driving with you all.
Godspeed. C.A.

Benman
June 17th, 2005, 16:11
Enjoy the new Beast.:thumb:

Ben:addict:

LIRS6
June 17th, 2005, 16:24
Good luck with the Porsche - great time of year for it. Out of general interest, could you let us know how you do with the RS6, and how many miles/condition. I'm sure that many of us would appreciate it, as a basis for evaluating the value of ours. TIA

Erik
June 17th, 2005, 18:12
Congrats on the new beast :0:

You are more than welcome to stay and post pics of your new car.

calemany
June 17th, 2005, 19:36
As soon as I sign the papers I'll let you know what they gave me exactly. I'll also have my son take some pics of the porsche to post.

BBGT2
June 17th, 2005, 20:44
Calemany,

I know the feeling I let my RS6 go in favor of the GT2 I bought, BUT remember you will miss the RS6. Mine may be gone but she will never be forgotten!:rs6kiss:

Happy motoring the 996 Turbo Cabriolet!

Bajo:addict:

J0X
June 17th, 2005, 21:21
I know your kind. You'll all come crawling back! Just kidding. I have a silver (non-S) T Convertible myself - and it is, hands down, the most gorgeous looking thing in the world after Brooke Burke. Happy motoring!

Mr Kram
June 17th, 2005, 21:38
Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy the new car!

Benman
June 17th, 2005, 23:07
Originally posted by J0X
I know your kind. You'll all come crawling back! Happy motoring!
LOL!!!:applause:

Yes, happy motoring!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

GoFastKindaGuy
June 19th, 2005, 16:57
If I could have only two, one would be an RS6 and the other a 911 Turbo.

If I could have only one...:addict:

freerider
June 19th, 2005, 17:33
Originally posted by GoFastKindaGuy
If I could have only two, one would be an RS6 and the other a 911 Turbo.

If I could have only one...:addict:
And this is comming from someone who owns are CGT :eek: :D

GoFastKindaGuy
June 20th, 2005, 00:50
Not too difficult, really.

1) RS6 is a practical race horse sedan which is also a blast to drive.
2) 911 turbo is a practical sports car that is also a blast to drive, carry some stuff and park somewhere.
3) The CGT is the most amazing sports car ever built, but one's passenger needs to carry your helmet on their lap -- and it can only be parked among enthusiasts. Then allow another 20 min to share the technology with the curious.

Those are the only reasons a 911 would be my second choice instead of the CGT.

Fortunately, I have not had to make that choice.:0: