PDA

View Full Version : RS6 vs SLR

zaxik
June 16th, 2005, 18:01
Met SLR today. 1 of 2 reportedly sold in Moscow. SLR driver apparently didn't realize that beast is chasing him until I put him into my rear mirrors. Once it happend chase began. Next traffic light we tried to drag race. I'm not sure he "pushed kick-down", although he was racing with me for sure, but in fact in about 400-500 meters I saw his brakes lights - he took west ramp and I continued to east ramp. At that point I was at about 160 km per hour.

That was quite an exciting expirince, though I surely did not have a smallest chance to win aganist SLR - still the SLR guy was suprised and I at least tried to fight :wo: .

PS - Changed original Pirelli PZero to PS1 - love the way it drives now. PS1 is surely better that PZero. PZero survived 9600 kilometers - roughly 6000 miles. Can show fotos of used PZero if anybody is interested.

Benman
June 16th, 2005, 20:08
Originally posted by zaxik
Met SLR today.
Nice little story. Unfortunately it will soon be followed by posts stating: "you are full of #$@%".

Don't let that get you down though. They can be haters but some of us like the "impossible" stuff.

Ben:addict:

Bauer
June 16th, 2005, 21:53
Nice.....if you are going to go down.....do it fighting:D :rs6kiss:

and not a bad car to lose to.

steffenr
June 17th, 2005, 16:25
u only hit 160 km\h, that aint much in a drag race i normally hit 160+

zaxik
June 17th, 2005, 17:33
Originally posted by steffenr
u only hit 160 km\h, that aint much in a drag race i normally hit 160+

SLR had to turn right and remember - that was on public road. Other cars were ahead of us. Even with SLR breaks and cornering ability there was no chance to turn 45 degrees right at a speed of I think over 120 km/h.

BBGT2
June 17th, 2005, 20:51
Zaxik,

Def. a good car to go up against and it's called MAN and MACHINE together so it does take alot of knowledge and GUTS to race. And let's be careful out there guys it is real dangerous on public roads because almost everyone is on their cell phones and not paying attention to what is ahead them or around them. I tried to race a SLR but he wouldnt go for it, not with my RS6 but with my GT 2. And lets remember that it is all in the name of fun. And Benman is right you will get alot of replies to this post like that. But, thats just their opinion and we all know the saying, right?

Bajo:addict:

RAMMIUS
June 22nd, 2005, 12:02
Correct , go down fighting !

Dark Knight
July 8th, 2005, 17:43
Good for you taking on an SLR!! You never know, the driver can sometimes be a coward and you can win (even knowing the car with a good driver would've smoked you).

Hey, bottom line is you had fun and that's what it's all about!! I'm sure the SLR driver had quite a surprise seeing a 4-door sedan racing him!

BajorS6 - that would've been a hell of a race: SLR vs. GT2!!!