PDA

View Full Version : RS6 reservation spots for sale

Benman
February 8th, 2003, 03:11
hey guys,

has anyone else noticed that on ebay there is an RS6 spot for
sale? i think this is the first spot i've seen for sale on the west
coast (iv'e seen several allready on the east coast).

well i guess if you don't have your name on the list by now
then maybe this might be your last chance:cheers:

:addict:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2403065779

Dave
February 8th, 2003, 14:22
Be careful with stuff like this.. I have heard that people are sending money only to find that no such place is there.....

and even if it is there.. you still have to pay full price for the car

Easier to pop into your local dealship and make enquires about new or picking up a low milage used car

Keep your wits about you and do some research
Dave

Snow
February 8th, 2003, 16:13
:confused: Uhm, I 've read it but I certainly didn't get it! Someone wo want's to explain? Is the auction about the rights to bid on the car when it goes up for auction or what?

Nordschleife
February 8th, 2003, 16:31
Euro Guys

Don't worry your heads about this, its just America.

This is a twofold thing:

When a low volume car is in great demand, the dealers can sell the car for over the 'official' price. Some canny purchasers order the car on its announcement and have a contract with the dealer as to the price to be paid (usually what is called "Sticker", ie the price on the windscreen in the showroom). An early order also gets an early delivery.
When there is greater demand for a car than there are units to satisfy the demand, a confirmed order has value beyond that of the car, the earlier the delivery the greater the premium. The canny vendor can sell his early delivery position to an impatient purchaser who is prepared to pay more not to wait.

With genuinely rare cars, these premiums run into 6 figures. I would be surprised if anybody in the US pays a premium of more than USD 10,000 for an RS6 but stranger things have happened.

All this is no zanier than the demented British habit of paying foolish sums of money for personalised number plates.

HTH
R+C