PDA

View Full Version : Weekend thoughts

nene
June 13th, 2005, 15:25
I did spend lots of time with my cars this weekend, as the GF was busy studying. Most of the time was with the RS6, thus I can't say enough about how much I love this car.

1. Washing 4 cars in a row with warm water in 90 degree weather just won't happen again! And I was in an indoor garage, with shade.

2. I bought an electrical leaf blower to dry the cars. Best toy purchase this Spring! I covered the plastic nose of the leaf blower with tape to prevent it from scratching the car anytime I 'accidently' touch it with it. Best $30 spent so far. Thanks 'meem' for your tip on this one.

3. I followed my RS6 on the way back from picking up the S4 from the air injection pump fix. I love her a$$. Darnest wide a$$ I've seen. Best part is that I've truly fallen in love with the Enhanced Sport exhaust all over again. I'm keeping the exhaust as is, and never changing it. Once you go black (tips), you can't go back!

4. It helps to have a nephew that is about 16.5 years old. What a great help he was this weekend.

5. We both agree that 5 spoke rims are much easier to clean.

6. Washing engine bay every other week goes along way to keep your engine outter parts looking gorgeous. I just get the garden hose tip on spray, a bit strong then your basic grass sprinkler, and water it directly without covering anything. Been doing it for a year now, and no problems.

7. Convertibles take half the time.

8. Spring/Summer mats are back on. Much classier look in my opinion.

9. I've only put 1000 miles on the RS6 in the past 10 months. What's going on? After all, I put 25K miles on the first 1 year. I know....Summer is finally here.

10. Dealer wanted to buy my car back. Apparently they have 10+ unlucky folks waiting on a list to get their hands on a used RS6. Mine's a keeper. They should have bought them when they had a chance.

Peace out!

Erik
June 13th, 2005, 15:29
Originally posted by nene
10. Dealer wanted to buy my car back. Apparently they have 10+ unlucky folks waiting on a list to get their hands on a used RS6.

WOW! That is incredible!

:addict:

Audi, are you reading?

Benman
June 13th, 2005, 16:17
I did spend lots of time with my cars this weekend, as the GF was busy studying. Most of the time was with the RS6, thus I can't say enough about how much I love this car.

3. I followed my RS6 on the way back from picking up the S4 from the air injection pump fix. I love her a$$. Darnest wide a$$ I've seen. Best part is that I've truly fallen in love with the Enhanced Sport exhaust all over again. I'm keeping the exhaust as is, and never changing it. Once you go black (tips), you can't go back!

5. We both agree that 5 spoke rims are much easier to clean.

9. I've only put 1000 miles on the RS6 in the past 10 months. What's going on? After all, I put 25K miles on the first 1 year. I know....Summer is finally here.

10. Dealer wanted to buy my car back. Apparently they have 10+ unlucky folks waiting on a list to get their hands on a used RS6. Mine's a keeper. They should have bought them when they had a chance.

Peace out!
:applause: Nice write up nene. I agree with all comments, it's got a really nice bootie (hate the 745's saggy A$$), once you go black (exhaust) you never go back and the 5 spokes are easier for cleaning (why o WHY didn't we get that option?).

1000 miles in 10 months? Wow, you really did need Summer!:thumb:

Ben:addict:

rks838
June 13th, 2005, 17:46
10 people on a waiting list for a used RS6 at one dealer? Wow! Whenever I decide to sell this thing, I'm gonna go to that place.

eph94
June 13th, 2005, 19:55

I got a letter from my dealer (IRA Audi in Massachusetts) that they had demand for the RS6 and that they wanted to buy it back, but it was in the context of me buying another car from them. Was that the same letter you got nene? I'm leasing, so didn't even bother to pursue it. I figured it was nothing more than a marketing ploy to get me to the showroom.

If they can get my out of my lease without with no penalty (considering I traded in a car for $16K of cap cost reduction), plus not having to buy another car from them, I would be all over it. That is, after I do Pocono this week and Mont-Tremblant again in August!! :incar:

jinglis
June 13th, 2005, 20:29
Who is hosting the Mt Tremblant event in August and what are the dates?

JAXRS6
June 13th, 2005, 20:40
Originally posted by jinglis
Who is hosting the Mt Tremblant event ... and what are the dates?

I believe it's the "nationals," i.e. put on by Audi Club of North America. I entered it on my calendar a while back as being held the weekend of Oct 1, but apparently it starts on the Friday before per this link:

http://www.audiclubna.org/calendar/eventlist.html

jinglis
June 13th, 2005, 21:13
OK the "nationals", I plan to attend.

When I read your message it appeared as though someone was holding an event in August...I thought it might be worthwile attending as I've not driven Mt Tremblant before.

eph94
June 14th, 2005, 00:44
Who is hosting the Mt Tremblant event in August and what are the dates?

The August event at Tremblant is hosted by the Boston Chapter of the BMWCCA. I think the event is full as it is a rare Saturday and Sunday event (8/13-8/14).

The PCA NER (Porsche Club of America, Northeast Region) still has openings, in all run groups, for their July 14-15 driving school at Mont Tremblant. Unlike most Porsche Club chapters, NER allows in all types of cars.

http://www.porschenet.com/TrackProg.html

The BMW Club of Canada Trillium Chapter has a driving school July 4-6. I'm not sure if that school is full yet.

http://www.trillium-bmwclub.ca/trillium/site/home.jsp

While I wish I could attend all these events, I am only registered for the August event and I am shooting for Audi nationals in October.

Mont Tremblant is such a beautiful place. Imagine your family actually WANTING to go to a driving school with you? The village is an incredible retreat.

nene
June 14th, 2005, 01:49
I did not get any letters.
I was actually approached by 2 sales reps with this story, while I was picking up the S4. They were not trying to sell me anything, which was funny...they wanted to buy it instead.

gjg
June 14th, 2005, 08:31
I love her a$$. Darnest wide a$$ I've seen. Best part is that I've truly fallen in love with the Enhanced Sport exhaust all over again. I'm keeping the exhaust as is, and never changing it. Once you go black (tips), you can't go back!

I second this one - washed mine last night ..... :rs6kiss:

Aronis
June 14th, 2005, 17:34
demand is up for second hand RS6?

I wonder how much the demand is, would anyone want to take over a lease?

Mike

eph94
June 29th, 2005, 15:34
OK the "nationals", I plan to attend.

When I read your message it appeared as though someone was holding an event in August...I thought it might be worthwile attending as I've not driven Mt Tremblant before.

Still openings for Boston BMW Club August event...

-- Boston Chapter Driving School Bulletin for June 29, 2005 --

We still have a few spots open for the driving school at Mont Tremblant taking place August 12-14. More details and registration info on the event webpage.

Each day of the three day event will have a club race, adding further excitement to what is already a great driving event.

There are still spaces open on the Friday advanced student day, as well as openings in all run groups for the weekend dates.

On Saturday night we'll host a dinner right at track side. Additional dinner tickets are available so that your guests can join in the celebration.

We've secured some great room rates in the area, more details on the event webpage.

http://www.boston-bmwcca.org/events/2005/driving-school-mt

- Jeffrey Smethers, Still Spaces Left for School at Tremblant