PDA

View Full Version : German-made Bentleys Not Acceptable to U.S. Buyers

Erik
June 13th, 2005, 07:54
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=105556

Some Bentleys will be made in Germany, but American buyers will receive only ones built at the company's historic British factory.

Bentleys made in Germany won't be sold in Britain either, according to marketing director Adrian Hallmark, as British and American buyers expect a British luxury car to be made in England.

Benman
June 13th, 2005, 16:07
Originally posted by Erik
http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=105556

Some Bentleys will be made in Germany, but American buyers will receive only ones built at the company's historic British factory.

British and American buyers expect a British luxury car to be made in England.
Funny, doesn't stop American buyers from buying "American" cars Hecho en Mexico!!!:hihi:

Ben:addict:

gmbh6
June 14th, 2005, 01:02
Originally posted by Benman
Funny, doesn't stop American buyers from buying "American" cars Hecho en Mexico!!!:hihi:

lol!........i guess they expect more from bentley then they do from ford....heheh

toopoorforaudi
June 20th, 2005, 15:48
Maybe all Americans can go to hell anyway :hihi: :hihi:

Benman
June 20th, 2005, 15:50
Originally posted by toopoorforaudi
Well, now I wouldn't go THAT far.:rolleyes:

sturs6
June 20th, 2005, 18:34
Originally posted by toopoorforaudi

Maybe a little uncalled for Now don't we think???:confused:

jackal
June 21st, 2005, 21:31
OMG!! It would be the same, as Royal Rolls buyers won't buy RR cars because the leatherseats are made from danish cows!! :D I think that it actuelly is danish cow skind they use!! :confused:

Benman
June 21st, 2005, 22:21
Originally posted by jackal
OMG!! It would be the same, as Royal Rolls buyers won't buy RR cars because the leatherseats are made from danish cows!! :D
Haha, and what's wrong with their cows? The Danes make great drivers so I don't think there should be any issues with their cows.:D :p

Nordschleife
June 21st, 2005, 23:09
the leather is actually sourced from Norway. In general, wire fences are rare there, hence the hides are relatively free from wire fence scars.
Also, a super plus factor is that most of the really anti-social tanning work is done outside the UK.
R+C

Benman
June 22nd, 2005, 20:03
Originally posted by Nordschleife
the leather is actually sourced from Norway. In general, wire fences are rare there.
R+C
Not to go too far off topic, but do they use more wooden fences then? Are do they just let the cows walk out onto the highway like in Mexico.:bigeyes: