0-100: 3.2 sec.
Top speed: 388 KM/H

maarten
June 8th, 2005, 13:39
I'd take the bugatti

Only 5000 year's of saving money and its mine :trash:

freerider
June 8th, 2005, 14:32
If I would have the money to buy a veyron, I would buy both and even more. The people who buy these sort of cars don't have to make choices.

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 8th, 2005, 15:31
Originally posted by freerider
If I would have the money to buy a veyron, I would buy both and even more. The people who buy these sort of cars don't have to make choices.

Greetz Johan
True that. Only us folk who DREAM of such machines think in terms of making decisions. The kind of fools that have that dough on hand buy one of each.

Ben:addict:

freerider
June 8th, 2005, 17:17
Originally posted by Benman
True that. Only us folk who DREAM of such machines think in terms of making decisions. The kind of fools that have that dough on hand buy one of each.

You drive an RS6!!!! This is already a dream (to come true) for me.

Greetz Johan

Benman
June 8th, 2005, 18:22
Originally posted by freerider
You drive an RS6!!!! This is already a dream (to come true) for me.

Greetz Johan
"Reality is what we perceive it to be" is one of my favorite quotes. Driving an RS 6 is great, but it's a stretch for my income (I had saved a long time for a big down payment).

Financially it was dumb for my budget to pick one up but I wanted it, so I got it. And NO, I'm not one of those, ehem... people... who buy a brand new Caddy or Lexus and still live in an apartment!:rolleyes: What I'm getting at is although the RS 6 wasn't a smart buy (financially wise), I made sure my other matters were taken care of (only 9 years to go on my house payments, ZERO credit card or any other kind of debt, etc...) so yeah, I felt like splurging a little.

Again, my point was I DID have to make a choice. I REALLY wanted a 911 TT but there was NO POSSIBLE WAY for me to pull off a family car AND that on my income. The RS 6 is my EVERYTHING car all in one (a lot cheaper than a 911 and A6).

People that can "afford" a Bugatti or Koenigsegg are not likely having to "save" up for a downpayment.:D

Ben:addict: (and good luck with getting a used RS 6 later, you'll enjoy it for a lot less $$$):cheers:

oswald
June 9th, 2005, 01:46
even if I had the money, I'd take the koenigssegg. I just have a thing for V8 engines.

And I wonder how much a brake job is on the Veyron. :hihi:

kolfiber
June 9th, 2005, 14:31
hmmm... both is very extreme cars and when you're rich you do'nt have to make that coice becuse you can buy both. But which would i chose... the bugatti has the most powerful engine and is the fastest? i did'nt see the bugatti cross the 400KM/H to cross that limit you need the rigth formulathat the bugatti seems to have... ...the bugatti has the most nice interior but i'm a swede so i would go for the koenigsegg CCR:)

bludnik
June 12th, 2005, 12:56
Originally posted by kolfiber
but i'm a swede so i would go for the koenigsegg CCR:)

ditto... i love the Koenigsegg...

rks838
June 14th, 2005, 22:40
I read an article about Koenigsegg's founder a couple years ago. His tiny factory burnt down and he had to build cars in an old airplane factory, if I am remembering correctly. He's gone through ups and downs to produce a brilliant car, while Bugatti simply has all the money in the world to produce the Veyron and test it (and delay it year after year - how annoying is that?). The Bugatti may go around a track a little quicker, but Koenigsegg produced a car that's 99/100 what the Veyron is with probably 1/100 of the money. ----------- Koenigsegg CCR :0:

bludnik
June 15th, 2005, 01:08
Originally posted by rks838
I read an article about Koenigsegg's founder a couple years ago. His tiny factory burnt down and he had to build cars in an old airplane factory, if I am remembering correctly. He's gone through ups and downs to produce a brilliant car, while Bugatti simply has all the money in the world to produce the Veyron and test it (and delay it year after year - how annoying is that?). The Bugatti may go around a track a little quicker, but Koenigsegg produced a car that's 99/100 what the Veyron is with probably 1/100 of the money. ----------- Koenigsegg CCR :0:

almost correct yeah... the factory did burn down, but they moved to an old airforce base... thats why the CCR has that ghost sticker... was the emblem/mascot for the airforce squadron stationed there... :)

rks838
June 15th, 2005, 19:38
ohhh, that's where it came from

building your cars at an airforce base is even better!

Duma
June 15th, 2005, 19:59
I would choose a Bugatti Veyron

Bauer
June 16th, 2005, 23:44
I would get the Bugatti.......only because I have only owned Audi's and the Bugatti is part of the VAG family:D :D ....plus I think it looks better...although the Koenigsegg is very impressive for a small independant builder.

BBGT2
June 22nd, 2005, 06:22
I would go for the Bugatti in a heartbeat, the other one just doesnt do it for me.
Oh an Benman I agree with you about "not being financially wise" to buy your dream car BUT remember folks 2 things you are for sure going to have in this life (most of us anyway" and that is, a mortgage payment and a car payment so live where you want and DRIVE what you want, period.
My other favorite saying from someone on the board is " you can sleep in your car but you cant drive your house" !!!:rs6kiss:

Bajo:addict:

BBGT2
June 22nd, 2005, 06:25
Duma it is nice to see a fellow from the Balkans here, welcome!

JavierNuvolari
June 22nd, 2005, 14:04
I would choose the Koenigsegg...I find the desing like younger...I don't know...I just think that the desing of the Veyron is like for old people(just a thought, plz do not feel offended by this) you know, still it's a good looking car, just not for me.

Cheers

(HAHAHA talking like if I had the money to boy one...but someday...someday...:hihi:

Benman
June 22nd, 2005, 19:47
Originally posted by Bajors6
I would go for the Bugatti in a heartbeat, the other one just doesnt do it for me.
Oh an Benman I agree with you about "not being financially wise" to buy your dream car BUT...

Yes, but I still bought mine anyway!:hihi: :thumb:

CRIMOR
June 26th, 2005, 12:22
I don't think that when people are rich don't make choices.
Becouse it is like to say that Bugatti and koenigsegg are similar cars. This is not true. For my money I would like to take Bugatti becouse Koenigsegg stay back.:D

Erik
June 27th, 2005, 10:46
Braking at the Nürburgring :D

http://attitude.mine.nu/bilder/samuelM3GT/ringen_juni05/mix/DSC_0115.jpg

bludnik
June 27th, 2005, 12:54
Originally posted by Erik
Braking at the Nürburgring :D

http://attitude.mine.nu/bilder/samuelM3GT/ringen_juni05/mix/DSC_0115.jpg

come on people... when you're just driving around, its damn embarissing to have an ironingboard and a bodyboard glued together raise up from the cars ass... :eye: :nono:

its cool to have a little flap come up when you brake like on the mclaren f1 or the slr... but this is just overkill... :nono:

Toto89
August 9th, 2005, 11:08
I think if I would do that thinking of buying a Bugatti I don't buy it because it is true that they are the fastest cars on the Earth but people who own these supercars don't go to the motorway or to a race track,they just keep it in a garage and tell their friends that they have the fastest car on the Earth.They don't use it like a sportcar.If I had so much money,I would move to Ingolstadt and buy the Audi's what I like(I like all AUDIs:hihi: )and enjoy them!RS Audis are also unique because only a few thousands are maiden.:rs6kiss: