PDA

View Full Version : A new RS6 - when ?

luxmis
June 8th, 2005, 12:33
As many of you did, I read about the new RS6 to come in 2007 with a turbo-charged V10 from Lamborghini and 600 HP.
I asked my dealer here in Luxembourg about info on the car, he came back from a meeting with Audi in Germany with no news on a new RS6 !
So - again the different car magazines are much faster with any news than the official AUDI channels, I think we just have to wait for any official news, before judging the potential of this new RS6.

Jan :rs4addict

JAXRS6
June 8th, 2005, 18:08
Originally posted by luxmis
... the different car magazines are much faster with any news than the official AUDI channels, I think we just have to wait for any official news, before judging the potential of this new RS6.

I'll second that!:thumb: Until we hear from Audi it's all speculation.

Example: Before its official introduction in the US (but after cars were made available to the car mags), the RS6 we drive now was featured in at least one or two car magazines as having an estimated price of $65-$70K. Surprise, surprise -- it ended up at $82.7K US, a full 22+ percent higher!

So much for the accuracy of pre-introduction car mag info!:nono:

Benman
June 8th, 2005, 18:30
Originally posted by JAXRS6

Example: Before its official introduction in the US (but after cars were made available to the car mags), the RS6 we drive now was featured in at least one or two car magazines as having an estimated price of $65-$70K. Surprise, surprise -- it ended up at $82.7K US, a full 22+ percent higher!

So much for the accuracy of pre-introduction car mag info!:nono:
Yes, and to second that, Car and Driver just did a test drive of the new RS 4 and said it will start at... now get this... $55K!!!:harass: :lovl: :harass: :lovl: Idiots.

Ben:addict:

rks838
June 8th, 2005, 22:31
no kidding! I read that too, $55,000 seems like the number a lazy intern scratched up. But it does make you wonder - what if, what if!? Nah, no chance...

Benman
June 8th, 2005, 23:03
Originally posted by rks838
no kidding! I read that too, $55,000 seems like the number a lazy intern scratched up.
My wife had to come over to see what I was laughing like a mad man about!:lovl: :lovl:

kolfiber
June 9th, 2005, 13:01
v 10 lamborghini motor sounds very very nice!

luxmis
September 14th, 2005, 19:29
I went to the dealer again, he still has NOOO news on a new RS6 ! ! so I guess we will have to wait until some of the car Magazines will come out and rewealing the new RS6.
Jan

BBGT2
September 14th, 2005, 19:53
After talking to a Audi NA person in the upper ranks of the group, I flat out asked him IF they are doing an RS6 and if so WHEN, his respnse was just as brisk as my question, and that was YES and Dont know, he says they are focusing on the RS4 release and pushing that to move, as well as the LeMans/R9 supercar.
So my thought is that they are for sure building it but have other chicken to fry and serve before they decide when and with what engine. So we will justhave to be PATIENT:vgrumpy: !
I am enjoying mine that is a fact, we shall see what the future has in store for us RS6'ers.:0: :D :p

Bajo:addict:

absent
September 15th, 2005, 01:22
Originally posted by Benman
Yes, and to second that, Car and Driver just did a test drive of the new RS 4 and said it will start at... now get this... $55K!!!:harass: :lovl: :harass: :lovl: Idiots.

What can you expect from a mag that lists their TV program(their website) for July, at the end of August!!

luxmis
September 16th, 2005, 07:29
Thanks BAJORS6 for the reply,
- yes we will have to be patient then, - - and - and I am still enjoying driving my RS4 ABT, - however the sound of the RS6 engine is MUCH nicer, - have a nice week-end everyone, -- Jan

RS4Ever
September 16th, 2005, 08:39
Originally posted by Benman

i have no idea why im still suscribed to MotorTrend but in any case they estimated $65K

Benman
September 16th, 2005, 15:00
Originally posted by RS4Ever
i have no idea why im still suscribed to MotorTrend but in any case they estimated $65K
I am too. Hey, it's only a buck a month and it fills empty time.:D :thumb:

Nickerz
September 19th, 2005, 07:49
an RS6 for 2007, possibly!? Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

I'm a big AMG fan but when I told my girlfriend that I think I'd rather have an RS6 vs. E55 she looked at me like something possessed me. She said, "your name is Nick isn't it?" LOL

So if this RS6 does become available in 2007 then we should see it at the end of 2006 right? :applause: :rs6kiss:

BUTTTTT...I really hope by then I'm used to the new front end. I have to say that I'm still not the biggest fan for Audi’s new look and I’m always cautious when I don’t like it in the beginning but then I like it later. That means I grew to like it but I’m not trusting my initial instincts. Ok, maybe I’m over analyzing this. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it all works out. The other concern is the new RS6 I'm sure will top $100K since the old was around $85K. Especially with more than 600hp! :bow:

Come on Audi! Don't disappoint! Not like the RS4 did, to me anyway.

Nick

PS TRUST ME...the guys at the dealer DON'T KNOW CRAP ABOUT NEW RELEASES! When I was shopping for my C55 my salesman told me there was no such thing and placed my order for a C32, only to receive a letter from MB that the C32 is cancelled and replaced by the C55. Idiot! Their only interest is selling the cars currently on the lot or that can be ordered today.

Benman
September 19th, 2005, 15:44
Originally posted by Nickerz
an RS6 for 2007, possibly!? Oh, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!

So if this RS6 does become available in 2007 then we should see it at the end of 2006 right? :applause: :rs6kiss:

Come on Audi! Don't disappoint! Not like the RS4 did, to me anyway.

Nick

PS TRUST ME...the guys at the dealer DON'T KNOW CRAP ABOUT NEW RELEASES!
Nick,

I wouldn't get your hopes up about the RS 6 showing up anytime in the year 2006. I would think the very, very earliest would be a late 2007 launch as a 08' model in Germany. And then early the following year it might show up here. Not trying to sound negative, but Audi still has to launch the S6 which hasn't even shown up at an autoshow! So the RS 6 MkII is a ways off.

And you are spot on about the dealer comment. You would think they would enjoy their job enough to follow up on info but no.

luxmis
September 20th, 2005, 07:08
I would agree on your last comment, it seems they have no real interest in selling such a car ! ! ! !
Jan

luxmis
November 3rd, 2005, 12:27
Any news - any rumours concerning a new RS6 !

Jan

Andi
November 3rd, 2005, 13:16
i heared that it won`t be another RS6.. i just heard..

JAXRS6
November 3rd, 2005, 15:49
Originally posted by Nickerz
I'm a big AMG fan

I was very impressed with a 40 min test drive in an E55 and was looking forward to the AMG version of the new CLS 500, which is one gorgeous sedan IMO. I parked my RS6 next to a regular CLS 500 yesterday and, like just about anything else parked next to one, mine looked dated. By a lot. Not something I would say when comparing the RS6 to any other sedan.

So I was diappointed when, at a local Benz dealership, I discovered that at just over 5' 11" tall, I am way too tall to comfortably enter the driver's seat. I had to bend my neck a great deal to fit -- more than with a Vette I sampled. No way would I want to do that every time I drive, unless I want to wait to change the seat height each time (lower seat to enter, raise it to drive) -- which I don't.

Old dealer story: When I wandered into an LA area Benz showroom in 1975, I was 30 but looked younger, wearing shorts, t-shirt and sandals. I was interested in driving one of their sedans and ready to pay cash, but they refused -- because they didn't take me seriously, I'm sure. So, I drove a half mile to the local BMW dealer in Hermosa Beach, drove a 530i, loved it, bought it, and never looked back.

mi021le
November 3rd, 2005, 16:02
http://www.germancarfans.com/spyphotos.cfm/spyphotoid/6051028.001

''the new RS 6 will receive a V10 engine producing upwards of 600hp and that's not the only thing going upwards. So far price projections put the RS 6 significantly higher than the competition. As a result, Audi brass is contemplating not producing the RS 6 at all. ''

:bigeyes:

Andi
November 3rd, 2005, 16:22
nice.. thanks for the photos:applause:

luxmis
December 26th, 2005, 05:39
Following german car magazine the RS6 should come beginning 2007, - but surely nothing official from Audi yet,
Jan

nene
December 26th, 2005, 06:41
My thoughts:

1. 2007 is too soon to get an RS6 out the door. The RS4 will barely be over 1 year in the market, and we know how the last go around went. RS4 bows, and RS6 arrives.

2. I'm sticking with NA FSI engine. V10 is a given. No forced induction.

MJN
December 26th, 2005, 14:35
The rumours are 2007, Lambo V10 and 600 bhp, but i can't help thinking that with a atmosferic 5,2l V10 they can easily pump out 525 bhp and defeat BMW in the horsepowerrace. So why would they need 600 bhp? I thinks that just adds weight.

on the other hand.. these are all rumours, i can also say that my neighbour's uncle has a cousin, who's friend knows somebody inside in Audi. He said that the next RS6 will be exposed in geneva 2006 and will have a 550 bhp 2,5l TFSI. You wouln't believe me right? So, why would you believe the others. (like for example, the rumour that there will be no next RS6) :(

luxmis
December 26th, 2005, 17:02
Hi,

You are right, information concerning the RS6 are still rumors.
Facts are: new S8 with V10 and 450 HP will come and a new S6 (also V10) with 420 HP will come as well (April / May 2006).

It is however likely (Following "Auto Motor und Sport"), that a RS6 will come some time in 2007 with a Turbo V10 and 550 HP. - - BUT STILL, - - NOOO confirmation from Audi.

luxmis
February 22nd, 2006, 12:31
Hi RS fellows,

I was test driving an BMW M5 this morning. - Here you can chose between 3 different "Power" schemes from the V10 engine: 400HP, 500HP and 500HP SPORT, only the 500HP SPORT did surprise me, this REALLY reacted abrupt an POWERFULL.
I used to have an RS4 (Turbo - old version) chipped to 420HP, where the torque is about the same as in the BMW, the acceleration does NOT feel that much different (RS4 is lighter) - however I was surprised at which speed I drove, - it felt 20 - 40 KM. per. hour less than was showed on spedometer, so MAYBE there were a difference.

My consideration is now, should I wait for the RS6 to come, - or should I go for the BMW M5 - now. - at the moment I do NOT know.

So - PLEASE - if anyone hear any news concerning the upcomming RS6 with V10 turbo, let me know.

Jan

absent
February 22nd, 2006, 13:35
Originally posted by luxmis
Hi RS fellows,

I was test driving an BMW M5 this morning. - Here you can chose between 3 different "Power" schemes from the V10 engine: 400HP, 500HP and 500HP SPORT, only the 500HP SPORT did surprise me, this REALLY reacted abrupt an POWERFULL.
I used to have an RS4 (Turbo - old version) chipped to 420HP, where the torque is about the same as in the BMW, the acceleration does NOT feel that much different (RS4 is lighter) - however I was surprised at which speed I drove, - it felt 20 - 40 KM. per. hour less than was showed on spedometer, so MAYBE there were a difference.

My consideration is now, should I wait for the RS6 to come, - or should I go for the BMW M5 - now. - at the moment I do NOT know.

So - PLEASE - if anyone hear any news concerning the upcomming RS6 with V10 turbo, let me know.

Jan
Get the M5 and enjoy it.
By the time you'll be able to get RS6 you'll be already bored with the BMW and itching to get a new car.

Kev.S
February 23rd, 2006, 23:40
I for one got fed up waiting for the announcement of a new RS6 and don't really want to buy one when they release it four months before the 6 gets the new model treatment to use up all the old shells. (or am I just being cynical?)
Thought about an RS4, but it felt too small after the 6, wandered next door to the BMW dealer and tried M5 and 6. Horrible, boring interiors and even less shoulder room than the RS4. Ended up being offered the deal of the century for my RS6 against a new S8. I can live with it being a whole .2 of a second slower to 60!

Benman
February 23rd, 2006, 23:48
Originally posted by Kev.S
Ended up being offered the deal of the century for my RS6 against a new S8. I can live with it being a whole .2 of a second slower to 60!

I'm looking forward to that write up!:heart: :thumb:

BBGT2
February 24th, 2006, 00:41
I for one got fed up waiting for the announcement of a new RS6 and don't really want to buy one when they release it four months before the 6 gets the new model treatment to use up all the old shells. (or am I just being cynical?)
Thought about an RS4, but it felt too small after the 6, wandered next door to the BMW dealer and tried M5 and 6. Horrible, boring interiors and even less shoulder room than the RS4. Ended up being offered the deal of the century for my RS6 against a new S8. I can live with it being a whole .2 of a second slower to 60!

.02 seconds is a LONG time my friend, lol !
And I think its more than that anyway, it takes a while to get that luxo barge to get to 60mph.
Anyway congrats to you on your decision and hope that you are happy with it. The A8/S8 interior is one that surely please.
Just FYI stock RS6 have been known to hit 4.2 to 4.3 seconds to 60mph.
BUT you cant pass up a deal when they are giving you a great one.
For me the S8 does nothing special, you should have gotten the W12 now that is class.

T

Kev.S
February 24th, 2006, 09:42
Just going by Audi figures- stock RS6 0-62 in 4.9, S8 0-62 in 5.1. They're not making any more W12 in short (if I can use that word) wheelbase as that production spot has been given to the S8. Spec-wise it's got everything the W12 has, plus extended leather 2, alcantara package, advanced key, power doors, tyre pressure monitor and space saver wheel as standard fitting.

I've not even seen the car in the flesh, but the guy at the dealer, who is a real RS enthusiast, was very impressed when he drove it in Teneriffe. I've seen the video he took from the back seat as he was being driven round the industrial estate by one of the Audi test drivers and the speedo is hitting 175 mph. It also seems to handle the slalom test very well for a big car. He also confirmed the story in one of the papers about them having to weld the manhole covers down as the blast was lifting them as it passed over them.

The road tests seem to highlight the handling difference between the W12 and S8 and say the S8 is much better due to a 40/60 split front/rear in drive and the lighter engine.

The deal worked out at the price of an RS4 plus US$12k. How could I turn that down?

BBGT2
February 24th, 2006, 11:17
Just going by Audi figures- stock RS6 0-62 in 4.9, S8 0-62 in 5.1. They're not making any more W12 in short (if I can use that word) wheelbase as that production spot has been given to the S8. Spec-wise it's got everything the W12 has, plus extended leather 2, alcantara package, advanced key, power doors, tyre pressure monitor and space saver wheel as standard fitting.

I've not even seen the car in the flesh, but the guy at the dealer, who is a real RS enthusiast, was very impressed when he drove it in Teneriffe. I've seen the video he took from the back seat as he was being driven round the industrial estate by one of the Audi test drivers and the speedo is hitting 175 mph. It also seems to handle the slalom test very well for a big car. He also confirmed the story in one of the papers about them having to weld the manhole covers down as the blast was lifting them as it passed over them.

The road tests seem to highlight the handling difference between the W12 and S8 and say the S8 is much better due to a 40/60 split front/rear in drive and the lighter engine.

The deal worked out at the price of an RS4 plus US$12k. How could I turn that down?

Kev,

Just messin with ya man, :0:
I am sure you will love the S8, its a gentlemans sports sedan. It just doesnt do a thing for me as its so sedate looking and could have been just a wee bit more aggresive looking.
I thought as well of trading my RS6 for it but then saw it in person and didnt like it. Dont get me wrong thr A8 body is beautiful and we have one in the family and it is the most luxurios best riding vehicles out there.

Kev.S
February 24th, 2006, 11:27
I know what you mean about the aggressive look. I'd have liked just a little more flaring of the wheel arches. I love the look of my RS6, but they're a little fragile and I wanted to get shut before the warranty expires.

Benman
February 24th, 2006, 14:54

Not to mention the overall vehicle is 500lbs lighter! (4250lbs vs 4750lbs!). Big difference!

My opinion differs a little from Bajo's. I think the S cars should look sporty, but not too aggressive (leave that for the RS models). One thing I agree with Bajo on, is the exhaust. It would have been nicer to have a tad bit bigger exhaust pipes, but then, I'm splitting hairs.

Fantastic deal! Congrats! As Bajo says, "a gentlemans sports sedan". :heart:

AndyBG
February 24th, 2006, 15:25
Originally posted by Bajors6

its a gentlemans sports sedan.

Good point!

BBGT2
February 24th, 2006, 20:33
Kev S.

Believe me I understand about your frustration with Audi not knowing or rather not saying when the next RS6 is and even if its coming out. I went thru the same dillema last year when I had my brothers 01 S8, I even emailed Audi to ask them when and if they were coming out with a S8 model and their answer was a resounding "NO, no S* in the plans" and tried to arrange a test drive for the A8L, in whihc I didnt need their help as my family just bought one. I swore that would be the last time I would ever contact them and ask them about any of their models and was kind of rude about it too. I also told him if they (Audi US) needed some info on their upcoming vehicles they should become memebrs of RS6.com and laughed.
Pissed at audi I went and bought a G55k, but that didnt help so I had to find a RS6 and was lucky enough to find this ebony black model I have now.
Sorry if this is too long but I am still uncertain if I am willing to wait for Audi to come out with the next gen RS6, and according to what I see and read is that it "should" be unveiled in 2007 which means that it would be a 08' model and with Audi they will probably bring it here in 2009.
So me planning for a car for 2009 is ridiculous and will probably by another brand when and if I ever sell my RS6.

Hey guys sorry just venting here I wish everyone a GREAT weekend, and Kev when are you getting in that S8 of yours, you better post some pictures and report on your impressions of the vehicle ASAP.

Benman
February 24th, 2006, 20:46
Originally posted by Bajors6
I also told him if they (Audi US) needed some info on their upcoming vehicles they should become memebrs of RS6.com and laughed.

:applause: :applause:
Sage advise my friend, sage advice...
:applause: :applause:

Kev.S
February 24th, 2006, 22:20
Hi Bajo,
Couldn't agree more with you. When you spend a king's ransome on a new car, you want it to look like it's a new car and not the old model! I've been told my S8 will be arriving in June, but if it's delayed that's no problem as the part ex price has been agreed and it will also give me more time to save up for it and consequently have to borrow less. I'm planning to hit Germany again in late July, so will be able to give it a good thrash on the roads it was designed for.

I don't know if I'd be happy with another make. This will be my fourth Audi (A6 2.8 Quattro Sport, S6, RS6) and I've got used to the quality of the interior and more importantly, 4 wheel drive. Living on the west coast UK we get twice as much rain as those Southerners in London and the grip on greasy roads is a great plus. I looked at a lot of 'quality' cars and the only brand (for reasonable money) that came close to Audi were Jaguar. Mercs have a dreadful reputation here for reliability and poor dealerships and the interiors are not to my taste either. I was also disappointed with the BMWs, although they're more reliable.

I'd actually be surprised if Audi release another RS6 in the new body, as Quattro GMBH isn't the largest factory in the world and must be running to capacity with what Audi has, or has actually announced it's going to build. What would get me running to the loan companies would be an RS6 in the next body update actually released at the beginning of body life, not at the end, especially if it had 600bhp. (I mightn't use it all, but it's a hell of a game of top trumps!)

gnomik007
March 9th, 2006, 02:23
:bow: :rs6kiss: