PDA

View Full Version : S6

Al Delemo
June 4th, 2005, 04:30
Does anyone have the word on US delivery of the new S6, been holding on to my A6 4.2, waiting. Any scoop would be helpful.

02 A6 4.2
04 996 TT
02 F250
98 A4 2.8

BBGT2
June 4th, 2005, 19:58
Al,
Accroding to my Audi sales rep. S6/RS6 "should" be arriving in the states this time next year. Now,that is what I have heard and my exprience with any Audi personnel here from sales reps. to Audi NA, they usually have no idea. Whenever Audi HQ decides to send them is my guess. That is one thing I can say from Audi and that is they serisouly need to improve on their customer promises. I will be interested in the RS6 and/or the S8 whenever they do come over however. Just my .03 cents!
I hope you are a patient man :D

Bajo:rs6kiss:

Al Delemo
June 5th, 2005, 00:55
Thanks Bajo,
Not what I really wanted to hear but that's life in the fast lane. I was down at Sebring for the 12 hours and got to talking to one of the Reps at the Audi tent he started picking my brain on why I choose Audi, yada, yada, yada. I don't know how far up the chain he was, but I proceeded to tell him my RS6 story. I had an RS6 on order, Audi kept changing the available options, no Recaro's, no Nav, I'm sure you know the whole story. I told him Audi needs to communicate with it's customers much better and that I canceled my RS6 and bought myself a new 996 TT with the European delivery. Could of bought 2 RS6's. I proceeded to explain that I always just wanted an S6 sedan, It gets used mostly by my wife and she don't need 450 hp to go to the super market. I continued that I was in the market for a new sedan and my 4.2 A6 was a little sloppy in the handling and I might look at other sedans in the same class. He then starts to tell me that Audi plans to release the S6 around the same time BMW releases the new M5 possibly late 3rd or early 4th quarter 05. Then follow up with the RS6 early to mid 06. Take it for what its worth but he was not a salesman and mentioned he was there on behalf of Audi NA. I'm still trying to confirm his time frame, my local salesman does not have a clue. So your probably right. When Audi HQ gets ready. Thanks for your response.
Al

BBGT2
June 5th, 2005, 01:39
That could be possible about the release dates, I get the feeling that the vip's at Audi NA know what is going on but are advised not to tell the dealer much. I know how you felt with most of the goodies not coming over in the RS6, I loved mine however and still miss it but getting a GT2 was not something I wanted to miss. I will just have to wait and see what the next gen. RS6 is going to be coming with as far as options, hell the salesman didnt even know to tell me much about the new RS4 and that is defin. coming over, that looks like a real nice vehicle BUT from what I heard we in the states do not get that nice steering wheel and the pushbutton starter along with a couple of other items all that missing and a almost $80K price tag, I know the euro dollar is strong but come on Audi lets get real. I can just imagine then about the next gen. RS6 and the price tag it will have, if I do decide to go with it I am not going to go for that "order" list there were so many cancellations that you can still find them brand new from 2003. Sorry if this sounds like Audi bashing its not I love the brand but they have come a long way to improve theor vehicles now they need some customer skill management.
Good luck in the wait but in the end we still have the Porsche's to kick around, yeah I know not a daily driver but when it is man oh man definately worth the wait, as they said "there is no substitute" (old Porsche motto, slogan for the states)

Bajo:addict: