PDA

View Full Version : New RS 6

BBGT2
June 1st, 2005, 12:37
Hello Guys !

Just seen the new and upcoming Audi RS6 picture in Autoweek, looks very nice and it seems it will get the V10 with 550HP. The S6 gets 440 ! Will try to get pic downloaded but if someone else can do it before me please go for it.

Bajo:addict:

rks838
June 1st, 2005, 23:28
soon por favor!

audirs6sport
June 2nd, 2005, 02:07
Originally posted by Bajors6
Hello Guys !

Just seen the new and upcoming Audi RS6 picture in Autoweek, looks very nice and it seems it will get the V10 with 550HP. The S6 gets 440 ! Will try to get pic downloaded but if someone else can do it before me please go for it.

Will that be a n/a v10? or forced induction biturbo?

sturs6
June 2nd, 2005, 03:36
Those are the same pictures Erik has posted before I believe.

54m
June 2nd, 2005, 13:35
but what's the price tag going to be if there is one :deal:

sam

gnomik007
June 2nd, 2005, 14:34
Show us the PIC!!!:heart:

Benman
June 2nd, 2005, 15:56
Originally posted by 54m
but what's the price tag going to be if there is one :deal:

sam
I think Bajo is referring to these pics: http://autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=102425

I would think the new RS 6 will be close to $100K and out of my league.

Ben:addict:

sturs6
June 2nd, 2005, 19:12
Hasn't someone posted this before?

http://www.autoweek.com/files/weekart/2005/0530/spy_audirs6main.jpg

Benman
June 2nd, 2005, 20:37
Originally posted by sturs6

http://www.autoweek.com/files/weekart/2005/0530/spy_audirs6main.jpg
Yep, but I think this is what Bajo was talking about.

BBGT2
June 3rd, 2005, 04:42
Oops, sorry guys didnt think this would be a repost
I guess I dont get back here enough anymore. Just thought I had some good news for eveyone is all.

Best wishes to all!

Bajo:rs6kiss:

Erik
June 3rd, 2005, 07:47
Originally posted by sturs6

Kind of ;)

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6541&highlight=s6+v10

But that is the S6

Benman
June 3rd, 2005, 14:53
I guess I dont get back here enough anymore.

Best wishes to all!

Bajo:rs6kiss:
Nice to hear from ya Bajo:cheers:

Stop by more often.:thumb:

kolfiber
June 9th, 2005, 13:14
stunning car! very cool!:revs: :w:

alex_s3
June 9th, 2005, 21:00
it have the same engine as the gallardo, and audi decide to take on twin turbo.. sow it have 500 hp without turbos and its strange the 2 turbos only give 50 horses mor..

steffenr
June 14th, 2005, 20:24
2 turbos which only evolves 50 hp combined, that is just stupid.

all it needs is a new preformance chip and some bigger turbos and then it should have atleast 100hp more

FrenchAudi
June 14th, 2005, 21:07
Hello Guys !

Actually, it looks like it will have more power than that!!

This is taken from Audiworld.
2 weeks ago in Houston, Tx a new Audi dealership opened and Johan Denysshen was there (VP of AoA).
This is what took place.
Enjoy.
This was written by someone that attended the party.

This talks about why there is no A3 2.0T Quattro in the States for now.
But the most interesting thing about the article is the passage on the upcoming S6 AND RS6..

The REAL Reason there is no Quattro on the 2.0T. (Long)
Alright, you guys including myself have heard alot of "reasons" why there was no Quattro on the 2.0T....

Well we now have an offical reason. Last Thursday night, was the offical grand opening of Millenium Audi here in Houston TX. The event was top noch, everything from Valet parking for those who chose, to full catering by a very nice Italian restraunt here in Houston; Grotto. Full open bar, light music...the whole dealership was turned into a very nice celebration.

To offically open the dealership and take part in the ribbon cutting ceremony, was AoA Executive VP, Johan de Nysschen.The Dubspeed Racing community was there in attendence and got a chance to speak with Johan individually as the night went along. Here is an excerpt of the write up posted by Zerin Dube, the head of Dubspeedracing.com....

"The Grand Opening of Millennium Audi last night brought out several important faces from Audi of America. One such face was Audi of America's Executive Vice-President, Johan de Nysschen. I had the chance to have a little chat with him, and really gave some good insight into the future of Audi in the US. It was truly an honor and privilege to speak to him.

Yesterday, I posted an article about Porsche looking to Volkswagen AG for hybrid technology. Johan de Nysschen said that it makes sense for Porsche to work together with a larger company such as Volkswagen on such a project. He cited that Porsche is too small of a company to take on such a project by themselves, and that Volkswagen and Audi have been working on Diesel Hybrid technologies. Audi is most interested in hybrid technologies from the performance standpoint. Electric motors combined with gasoline and diesel engines produce much more torque, and therefore yield a huge performance benefit. What Audi is specifically interested in, is combining the benefits of the TDI technology with the benefits of electric motors to produce the ultimate hybrid. When I asked him when we could see such a product in the United States, he said that it might be possible to see a product in 7-8 years. This might sound like a long timeframe, but de Nysschen also stated that they want it perfect and it takes time to do so.

I also asked Johan about the lack of quattro in the A3 2.0T, and got an answer that finally makes sense. De Nysschen stated that the 2.0T quattro models in Europe utilize a different fuel tank and emissions system than that of the standard 2.0T Frontrac cars. Bringing the 2.0T with quattro to the United States would require that the cars run through an extensive certification process which is very expensive. De Nysschen went on to say that the 3.2 Quattro models use the existing fuel tanks and emissions systems found in the Audi TT 3.2, thus not requiring re-certification. When asked about the possibility of seeing quattro on later model year cars, de Nysschen said Audi of America wants to see how the car sells here in the U.S. first, then discuss the idea of bringing quattro equipped A3s over at a later date.

The most interesting part of our conversation was about the future of performance models in the U.S. de Nysschen said that Audi will be debuting the S6 at the Detroit Auto Show in January and will feature a V10 engine. While he did not give the specifics of the S6's power output, he hinted that it would be in the 500 horsepower range. de Nysschen went on to add that an RS6 model would follow shortly thereafter. Steve Mikula asked if the RS6 would be making 550 horsepower, to which de Nysschen replied "I feel that 550 horsepower isn't enough. You can never have too much horsepower so long as you have control." Looks like Audi is serious about getting their name associated with performance, and that they are ready to join the German horsepower wars that are starting. I personally can't wait to see what Audi is going to show us in the months and years to come with the S and RS lineup. Dubspeed Media will of course be in Detroit this coming January to cover the unveiling of the new S6.

All in all, it was an excellent view into what Audi has planned for the next several years. Audi has worked hard to join the ranks of the tier one premium brands, and has accomplished their goals of doing so. Audi also has done a great job of increasing customer satisfaction on both the sales and service side, as well as increasing residual values of all their products. With these goals in mind, Audi will continue to grow and better themselves as time progresses. The new model line up de Nysschen spoke of clearly shows Audi's commitment to excellence without sacrificing performance, or the overall customer experience.

I would like to extend very special thanks to Johan de Nysschen, and all the other Audi of America executives for taking the time out of their busy schedule to chat with us for a bit. We look forward to talking with them again in the near future!"

rks838
June 14th, 2005, 22:21
So if the S6 has 500hp+ V10, it is clearly competing with the M5. What car will the "550hp is not enough" RS6 compete with? The CL65?! I like what he says, but don't really think it's accurate. I think it may be to build up the hype for than give accurate facts. But hey, I'll be glad to see myself proved wrong!

Did he give a final answer as to which engine the RS6 will have? We may have covered this thousands of times, but please humor me.

Benman
June 14th, 2005, 22:27
Originally posted by rks838
So if the S6 has 500hp+ V10, it is clearly competing with the M5. What car will the "550hp is not enough" RS6 compete with? The CL65?! I like what he says, but don't really think it's accurate. I think it may be to build up the hype for than give accurate facts. But hey, I'll be glad to see myself proved wrong!

I'd agree with that. Seems a bit optimistic, but then, you never know. I'd guess more like 430-460HP for the S6 and 550-575 for the new :addict:

FrenchAudi
June 14th, 2005, 22:34

Did he give a final answer as to which engine the RS6 will have? We may have covered this thousands of times, but please humor me.

Also a V10:addict:
:hahahehe:

i agree with you guys, but at the same time Audi is tired of being looked at as a step child here in the U.S.
They really want to step up their game.
Give me 500hp for the S6 and 575-600hp for the RS6.
The S models now have to be close to M performance and have the RS a step above.

Benman
June 14th, 2005, 22:36
Originally posted by FrenchAudi
Also a V10:addict:
:hahahehe:
As long as it's a BI TURBO. Please Audi, don't take away our Turbos!:cry: :D

FrenchAudi
June 14th, 2005, 22:36
Originally posted by Benman
As long as it's a BI TURBO. Please Audi, don't take away our Turbos!:cry: :D

I doubt it...:cry:

rks838
June 14th, 2005, 22:46
Audi wants the run with the big boys in performance and price, but I'm not quite sure they have the widespread reputation needed to do that - yet. I think they deserve it, though - they're making great cars all around.

Seeing no turbos in the RS4, I wouldn't set my heart on seeing them in the next RS6, but we can still hope :revs:

FrenchAudi
June 14th, 2005, 22:49
Audi wants the run with the big boys in performance and price, but I'm not quite sure they have the widespread reputation needed to do that - yet. I think they deserve it, though - they're making great cars all around.

Seeing no turbos in the RS4, I wouldn't set my heart on seeing them in the next RS6, but we can still hope :revs:

maybe not here, but the rest of the world...oh yes!!

Maybe this is what they need.
The difference though is that the RS will always be a one time production of a certain # of cars so it will have exclusivity.

I love when clients tell me they killed a M with their RS or S models!!:hahahehe:

rks838
June 15th, 2005, 03:44
Good point - I keep forgetting how RS beat M and AMG in a German poll on favorite sport divisions. And other Audi models are selling well in Europe, right?

alex_s3
June 15th, 2005, 21:19
sow the audi RS 6 will have more than 550 hp :) i have read that the new Rs6 will have a extreme good 0-200 km/t time..

54m
June 16th, 2005, 18:59
well the new rs will be well out of my price list cant wait :MTM: :addict: