PDA

View Full Version : The smashed M5 is now world famous

Erik
May 31st, 2005, 19:26
Happened in Sweden. :(

http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/fm_messages.asp?FO=2&FM=75938

"The car is a dealer demo car but was immediately sold to a customer (though the dealer has to keep the demo car for at least 3 months). So the car is still registered on the dealer and owned by BMW Financial Services (so the dealer still can get the extra demo rebate from BMW Sweden). But the owner had lent the car to his neighbour who hasn't a driving license and he states a friend was driving the car when the accident happened. I guess the police and the insurance company have a lot to investigate. According to witness and the local newspaper it was a race with another car. The car has already been involved in some illegal street races so people are not surprised of the crash."

:trash:

http://www.saab4fun.com/upload/uppladd/24648IMG_1266.JPG

jonas_dg
June 1st, 2005, 01:13
that's a very sad scene to look at, he shouldn't be buying fast cars if he can't handle them or let idiots drive his car

mr
June 1st, 2005, 07:12
ooooooo ... baaaaaaad!!!

I do hope that driver + other ppl in car were not majorly hurt by the accident.

looks REALLY bad!!!!
I do agree jonas -> shouldn't be driving / buying fast cars when not being able to drive it!!!

rgds
mr

7:53 RS6
June 1st, 2005, 08:08
Guys be a bit more humbel, in a blink of a second it could be you and your cars that looks like that. If it not happend to you yet my guees is its comming. It always does, soner or later.

What ever you think of your driving skills. And it could be many reasons why it happens to you.
Regards

carinci
June 1st, 2005, 09:49
Originally posted by Erik
Happened in Sweden. :(

http://www.autocarmagazine.co.uk/fm_messages.asp?FO=2&FM=75938

"The car is a dealer demo car but was immediately sold to a customer (though the dealer has to keep the demo car for at least 3 months). So the car is still registered on the dealer and owned by BMW Financial Services (so the dealer still can get the extra demo rebate from BMW Sweden). But the owner had lent the car to his neighbour who hasn't a driving license and he states a friend was driving the car when the accident happened. I guess the police and the insurance company have a lot to investigate. According to witness and the local newspaper it was a race with another car. The car has already been involved in some illegal street races so people are not surprised of the crash."

:trash:

HELLO ... I WAS THE DRIVER OF THE M5 which we crasched. into 2 tree.. we were not racing. the news papper is only writing some bullshit they dont know anything. Please take away the picture from this site because its a insurense question.

http://www.saab4fun.com/upload/uppladd/24648IMG_1266.JPG

freerider
June 1st, 2005, 12:35
^ Could you maybe explain what really happend(if you can, regarding the insurance and all)? Really hope you're ok and if anyone else was in the accident, they're too.

Greetz Johan

nene
June 1st, 2005, 14:15
You may have not been 'racing' another car, but surely hitting 2 trees won't happen when you drive normally! To get the M5 in that sort of shape you surely were racing, or in a hurry to get somewhere. You still crazy either way, and probably trying to get the insurance to cover your bad judgement. Heck, that is what they are there for anyway, as long as you are going against your own policy!

Klint
June 1st, 2005, 17:15
It's not Erik who's crashed it (or is it? ;) )

Oooopsie Daisy, looks like it isn't a write off just yet.

Anyone know if the airbags deployed?

JavierNuvolari
June 1st, 2005, 17:26
:rolleyes: ....dude...that's a f*cked-up thing to look at...anyway...I hope that nobody was hurt. I have crashed about 2 times...and to get that car to crash like that, the driver was surely going fast...no doubt about it.

Cheers,

Javier

nene
June 1st, 2005, 18:10
Klint...the airbags deployed...look at the pix again and you can see it. Maybe you were just kidding!

carinci
June 1st, 2005, 19:35
the crash happend in norrköping sweden.. we were not racing. i picked up my friend at railway station and the took of to mcdonalds after that my friend turn off the Traction controll system whitout knowing it the we got over a corner and the front left tyre explode. we got the information from the computer in the bmw the black box. bmw them sefl got that information and when the tyre blow there were not much to do. carinci

Nordschleife
June 1st, 2005, 20:06
its a well known fact that tyres explode spontaneously in Northern lattitudes at this time of year.

mi021le
June 1st, 2005, 20:33
carinci
glad to hear ur ok. crashes suck, nomater what. good luck with the insurence. wont be that fun either.

jay

DejaVu
June 1st, 2005, 23:37
BAD LUCK, carinci.

Benman
June 1st, 2005, 23:51
Originally posted by Nordschleife
its a well known fact that tyres explode spontaneously in Northern lattitudes at this time of year.
:applause: :applause:

I don't know how the boys drive in Sweden, but here it's hard to "accidentally" go over curbs/ corners when driving reasonable. Everytime I've seen a car in our shop from "curb hopping" it is always a case of speeding.

And accidentally turning off the traction control? I thought there is a designated button to push. How is that an accident. You were the driver, but not the owner? Is it correct that you have no valid license?

Ben:addict:

nene
June 2nd, 2005, 01:04
You needed a car's black box computer to tell you that the tire exploded?
Just so you know, there was an RS6 a while back that posted his tire exploded while racing in a track, and all his car got was a few minor scratches. You trying to tell us that a tire explosion sent you into such a spin that you hit 2 trees, and put the car in that shape, all while driving normally?
You know what...there is a bridge in Boston I want to sell you. Please send check addressed to me. I'll PM you the postal address to send the check.

sturs6
June 2nd, 2005, 03:27
So this is the reason that BMW put that " POWER BUTTON" on the car. This guy should have used it. :mech: :harass:

Erik
June 2nd, 2005, 09:53
Originally posted by carinci
the front left tyre exploded

When a friend crashed his fathers car, that was what he told (read: lied) him as well.

His father's comment: "When you grow up, you can tell me the truth."

Don't do the crime if you can't do the time - or pay the bill.

In any case, I wish no one was hurt. Good luck!

Erik
June 2nd, 2005, 10:25
Originally posted by nene
Just so you know, there was an RS6 a while back that posted his tire exploded while racing in a track, and all his car got was a few minor scratches.

On Nürburgring we blev a tire in an RS6 Avant, cornering about 160 km/h. This happened in the last bend, fighting to arrive a bit earlier than a Carrer RS. :D

The result. The car was kept ON track, but the tire caused some damaged to the car. See picture.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=25231

Here's another picture, an RS4 with a blown tire from Hockenheim.

http://www.rs246.com/modules/PNphpBB2/files/latzer640x480.jpg

7:53 RS6
June 2nd, 2005, 12:21
Just fore the record what ever the story is whit the M5.

Its more drama to blew a tier in a rwd car than 4wd.

In the 4wd RS6 you just keep going(more or less) :D

nene
June 2nd, 2005, 13:27
Originally posted by 8:29 RS6
Just fore the record what ever the story is whit the M5.

Its more drama to blew a tier in a rwd car than 4wd.

In the 4wd RS6 you just keep going(more or less) :D

I guess that's just another reason why Audi is superior. What a big one for safety of the occupants. May God have Quattro!