PDA

View Full Version : SL55 with SLR engine

JavierNuvolari
May 20th, 2005, 03:59
Hi, I was looking at a forum from here in Chile and found this....:MTM: :MTM: :MTM:

http://givemealook.com/ipw-web/gallery/album507?page=1

Today I met Mohamed Bin Sulayem, a famous rally driver in the Middle East. He has an awesome car collection. This is one of them.
Here's what happened:
I was on my way home from school when I see an SLK wit two black patches on the hood. I was like "stickers". So I decided to check it out. After a fast lunch, I went to the house where it was parked. I get close and see that those black patches were actually the engine sticking out of the hood. I was like WTF? I was even more shocked when I read SLR on the engine. So I started snapping pics. When a Nissan Armada pulls up and who else but Bin Sulayem steps out of the house to get something from the Armada. Then he gets in the SLK and calls me to talk to him. At first I didnt recognise him, but he told me later on. My first reaction was to point speechless at the hood. He told me got the engine and put it in himself and changed the transmission, and it's a RWD. He said it had 615hp, and could go well over 350 km/h. He told me he had already been up to 320. He said it's a one of a kind, and that AMG are coming to Dubai just to see it.
The reason why he did such a crazy think was because all the other cars he has (Enzo, F50, F40, GT1, etc etc etc...) were undrivable in these streets cuz of all the traffic, so he settle with a SLK55 with an auto transmission, a comfy, easy ride in other words. But he wasnt happy with the power output...So hey, might as well drop an SLR engine into it...
Oh, and the sound...Mind blowing...
Crazy car...

He also told me he has a Mitsu Pajero with 650hp... I love this guy lol...

Cheers,

Javier

nene
May 20th, 2005, 13:22
Holy Cow!!!! Unbelievable.
You should have asked him to open the hood for some inside pix. Did he start the car, and if so, how did it sound? Probably orgasmic sick.

Benman
May 20th, 2005, 15:15
That's just :MTM:

Next thing you know, guys will start dropping RS 6 motors in their A3s... Erik?:hahahehe:

Ben:addict:

JavierNuvolari
May 20th, 2005, 21:35
Originally posted by nene
Holy Cow!!!! Unbelievable.
You should have asked him to open the hood for some inside pix. Did he start the car, and if so, how did it sound? Probably orgasmic sick.

MMmmmm I didn't saw the car...what I posted ir a quoted text from another forum...but yes...i'm sure that it would sound awesome:0:

Bingocaller
May 21st, 2005, 17:24
That is truly amazing!

But its a SLK 55 not a sl 55 ;)

And half a repost

http://www2.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6606&highlight=slr

But hey nice to have some more pics :0:

Would love to see that Mitsu :mech: :revs:

Skaala
May 25th, 2005, 21:57
what about the gearbox?

freerider
May 25th, 2005, 22:24
Originally posted by Skaala
what about the gearbox?

...He told me got the engine and put it in himself and changed the transmission, and it's a RWD...

Greetz Johan

Klint
May 25th, 2005, 23:05
Pics?

Klint
May 25th, 2005, 23:06
Originally posted by Klint
Pics?

oops nevermind, Brabus do such a conversion.