PDA

View Full Version : Finally! It goes like a BMW, Corners like a Porsche

Erik
February 1st, 2003, 18:56
Irony hadn't been invented when Volvo made their 360GLT commercial in 1982... :hihi:

http://www.rs6.com/pics/Various/Volvo-Racer-82.jpg

Snow
February 2nd, 2003, 16:35
"It stops like a Volvo."
Do they reffer to the last picture or what? :D

Benman
October 10th, 2004, 02:44
Can't believe I never noticed this thread before! I love the picture of the car through the turn:D If the powers at Volvo thought that all that body sway was "corners like a Porsche" than no wonder they sold out to Ford!

Ben:addict:

RS4Ever
October 10th, 2004, 10:12
yeah they also forgot to state about its looks being "like bimmer and porsche".

much body roll noticed in the second pic .. yeah right "like a porsche" hehe

but still cool pic from the past.

for the first time ever so far , about a weekd ago, i was driving behind a volvo here in atlanta.. and noticed the rear work on it and said to myself "hmmm..did the owner make it look bad (modded) or is this image stock?... so after glimpsing at the badges i realize that its a S60R .. my first time throughout all the driving i do everyday to actually see one on the street and to actually drive behind one. its liscense read "R PWRD" .. pretty cool.

the rear looks kind of bad because the wheels look thin and out of place when line up straight with the lines of the under-bumper spoiler... no symetry.. quite unproportional.. gives you a feeling of uncomforting that you dont want to look at it... something unbalanced about the exhauts positions as well. however, coulld have been modded.

i may sound quite critical however i was once considered getting an S60R (when doing my research between many cars including the S4). didnt test drive it yet. sat in it.. IT HAS REAL COMFORTABLE SEATS! very nice interior quality (comapred to my jeep with american-made plastics)... looked good with some spice for sport.. but then seeing it in the real .. it didnt pull me in to looking or to even stare at it like an S4 does.

i may sound toooooo fanatic :trash:.. but when i see an S4, S6, RS6 on the streets .. i question myself if i should follow it so that i could look at it more.:0:
M3's look good as well.. howevver here in my area i see so many and am used to its physical apperance.. it still makes me look at it for a bit.. but still not like the audi.

im glad i know what i want .. and im glad its an S4 (B7)... just waiting, so that i can wait to get on the waiting list.:cry: