PDA

View Full Version : Ordering codes Question...

JP4
February 1st, 2003, 04:08
Can someone tell me what the order codes are for the sport brakes (cross-drilled rotors) and the sport exhaust on the RS6? It would be good to have them handy when it comes time to order.

Thanks in advance!

JP4:hmm:

Maxxis
February 1st, 2003, 14:34
These are the disc brake codes:
Front:
1LJ, standard disc, 365x34mm
1LP, drilled disc, 365x34mm
Rear:
1KZ, standard disc, 335x22mm
1KY, drilled disc, 335x22mm

JP4
February 1st, 2003, 15:46
Thanks Maxxis! I know that will come in handy when I FINALLY place my order. Hopefully someone will have the code for the sport exhaust too.

Does anyone have comparison info on performance differences between the standard OEM discs and the drilled OEM discs?

JP4 :addict:

Mr. Fru-T Pants
February 7th, 2003, 08:18
You probably won't note much difference unless you track the car(or brake hard all the time).
FWIW, I'm saving my ducats for an aftemarket system, rather than spending
them on sport options. I'd prefer to have a Milltek and some 4-pot Stoptech's
or Mov'it's than the OEM drilled 360's. Dollars better spent, IMO...

Of course, one could argue that the residual value of the car might improve with the extra
options, or one might like the "look" of the drilled rotor vs. the solid cast. These are
reasonable arguements. Not to mention, if you didn't plan to drop cash on an
aftermarket brake system, the drilled rotors would be the way to go if you plan
to drive the car hard. Though, I'm very leery of any OEM Audi brake system, save that of the
RS2, and even that is not a true Audi system. I don't know, I am rambling to say the least,
and I didn't even answer your question. :trash: Sorry JP...

Just sharing an opinion...

Fru-T

JP4
February 7th, 2003, 15:49
Rambling?....I think not. Thanks for your thoughts Mr. Fru-T Pants. That kind of input is helpful. I will indeed be tracking the car as I have with my 4.2 A6. My intention for now anyway is to keep the car as close to stock as possible. And based on this and input like yours I think I will go for the OEM sport brakes. I guess after the warranty period I could put an after market system on and save the OEM system to put back on IF after several years that would actually increase the value/desire of the car. Now there I go rambling!!!!

Thanks again Mr. Fru-T Pants! :0:

JP4

Nordschleife
February 7th, 2003, 17:24
Guys
Anybody tracking the car should make boat anchors out of the standard brakes; cross-drilling them doesn't alter their fundemental design shortcomings either. Its all about heat dissipation.
Who knows, perhaps the car will have some different brakes by the time the US customer cars arrive.

R+C

Mr. Fru-T Pants
February 7th, 2003, 18:03
I know, IIIIIIIIIIII know... ;) I was just trying to take into account that
not everyone has the desire to track the car, nor has the inclination
to mod it heavily. I know what I will/want to do, but that doesn't
always strike a chord with others, and I try to bear that in mind.
If there's one thing I've learned/had reinforced repeatedly from the AW forums, it's that everyone has an
opinion on the subject, but not everyone is right, given personal preferences and
goals, when it comes to cars. I simply don't want to assume that my goals
are exactly like someone else's, so I tempered my response.

Of course, having said that, I agree with you, Robin, based on what I've read and been told.
:)

I assume that VIN never even came close to checking out? I contacted some
local FBI, but it appears that unless one has been a victim, there's really no
recourse. And I truly believe that guy was a con, in light of all that transpired.
Hopefully, if that was the case, no one got duped.

Hope you're well,

Fru-T

Dave
February 8th, 2003, 14:35
I specified the drilled discs.. not sure they make too much difference to performace.. apart from maybe in the wet... The brakes are awsome for road use.. but wear is quite high.. bit I agree.. if you are going for track work.. don't faf around.. get some mov'it's.

I am going to change the exhaust for a quad system.. either MTM or Abt (if they're not the same thing!)....

Still undecided about the chip.. it's MTM or Abt.. we'll see

Dave