Exterior Aesthetics
Wheels: 19x8.5 RO_JA Formula 1 forged monoblock wheels
Tires: BFG Goodrich G-Force KDW 235/35-19
Exterior: Custom Carbon Fiber Veilside Aero Kit
Aerodynamics: Veilside carbon fiber wing
Hood: Versus Motorsport carbon fiber hood
Graphics by: Auto Indulgence
Interior Aesthetics
Seats: Grey and Black Sparco Alcantara seats with redone matching alcantara door panels, rear seats, and dash
Interior Work: Street Concepts
Accessories: Veilside pedals and shifter
Racing Harness: Takata racing seat belts
Gauges: Full array of Apex gauges (egt, oil temp., plus 3 other temp. gauges – all peak hold and placed in the glove box) and an extra large DEFI boost gauge
Performance
Exhaust: RS*R full stainless exhaust
NOS: N/X Nitrous system with direct port set up
Turbo: XS Engineering full turbo system upgrade w/ Garret T04 BB Turbo
Turbo manifold: XS Engineering custom manifold
Intercooler: XS Engineering GT-R spec intercooler
Injectors: Upgraded Denso injectors with upgraded Fuel components from S/X
Spark plugs: Denso Iridium Power spark plugs
ECU: Apex Power FC custom engine management ECU custom programmed by Eric Hsu at XS Engineering
Boost controller: Apex AVC-R
Brakes: Brembo 14 inch brake upgrade (front and rear) with forged race calipers (similar to the ones used on Le Mans and F1 Race Cars)
Suspension: RS*R I*shock full coilover set up
Clutch: Custom Clutch to handle 550 HP
Miscellaneous: Goodrich steal braided lines
Valvoline Sypower oil and lubricants
Sounds
Headunit: Pioneer flip out TV
Amplifiers: Pioneer
Speakers: Pioneer Rev units
Install: Custom stereo install by Audio Options
TVs: Pioneer Rear flip down screen
Speaker wire: Schosh
Entertainment: Playstation 2

RJ's Notes

The Aspiration Evolution was the second of two Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIIIs that Pepsi and I worked on. The goal was again to create something really cool and core for people to enjoy. We wanted it to be a car to aspire to and to draw people over to the Pepsi pavilion while attending Hot Import Nights. Now, nothing is cooler than getting a chance to win a tuned Evolution VIII of your own but because of the legal restraints we really couldn’t build the sweeps car to be a super over the top show/street ride.

When creating the concept for the Pepsi aspirational Evo VIII, I really wanted to develop a car that kicked some serious ass in looks, power, and sounds. I wanted to take some of the concepts we used for the sweepstakes car and take it to the next level. If I was to build an Evo VIII to win shows and just inspire people – this would be the car and it would have to be a total blast to drive. I don’t believe in building trailer queen vehicles that are nothing more than automobile couches – I like to build cars that are great for show but even better to drive.

With this Evo the first thing I looked into was getting more power out of the already potent stock 4G63 Mitsubishi engine. Since the Evo VIII was brand spanking new in the US – no one knew what would and would not work. Once I got the car I contacted the best tuners this side of the Pacific and dropped the car off right away. The car was of course sent to Eric Hsu and the boys of XS Engineering. Right away Eric and his engineers went to work to develop a turbo upgrade package. This included a gigantic XS/Garret T04 BB turbine, a new front mount XS intercooler, all the manifolds, piping, downpipe, and the added XS racing blow off valve. Eric even had an Apex Power FC for the Japanese spec Evo VII shipped over from Japan and reconfigured it for the US Evo VIII to make sure he could properly tune the car. It was a bit of R&D work but it worked out well. With the XS turbo upgrades and the Apex Power FC along with the Apex AV-R the car now puts out about 450HP (388 wheel horsepower) at 1.5 bar and that’s before the new custom intake manifold and Nitrous N/X four fogger system which Eric is finishing up now. Our goal is to end up with about 500 to 550 HP. The car is amazingly fast and just a blast to drive. There is a bit of turbo lag but once it gets going it really gets going. XS also installed an array of gauges from Apex and DEFI to keep tabs on the engine. There is a huge DEFI boost gauge that looks like a monster tach and five peak hold Apex gauges for egt, oil temp., and other temp gauges set in glove box. Fuel delivery was also upgraded using SX components and then XS worked with RS*R to develop a full stainless steel prototype exhaust and full I*shock coilover system. The car sounds really mean and handles like a charm. The engine bay blings as much of the piping and heat shields were polished or chromed. We even replaced much of the stock rubber hoses with steel braided lines from Goodrich. To top off the car, the spark plugs were replaced with Denso Iridium Power plugs and the oil and lubricants replenished with Valvoline Synpower products. From there the Evolution went to Audio Options to install the full audio and entertainment system. Duane, Steve, and the boys worked for two weeks straight to develop and install the new system layout and it looks and sounds amazing. Sit in the back seat and watch a DVD on the Pioneer flip out screen on the dash or the Pioneer fold down screen in the back and you swear you were in a state of the art theater with THX and Dolby Digital Sound. The sounds could make my heart skip a beat. The whole trunk was reworked to accommodate the Pioneer Premier subs and amps. A custom fiberglass enclosure was built and the amps were placed to look as if they were floating and neon was added to brighten up the trunk in car show darkness. The N/X bottle was also worked in to fit with the stereo system. Of course the stock speakers were also switched out with Pioneer rev speakers. While the car was at the Audio Options, Shawn from Street Concepts pulled out the interior to have it worked on. Once the stereo was finished, Shawn took the car and installed the redone rear seats, door panels, and dash, which was recovered with suede alcantara material from Sparco to match the two front grey and black Sparco Milano seats. Shawn also added on the Versus Motorsport carbon fiber hood, the Veilside carbon fiber body kit, the custom Veilside wing, and the Veilside shift knob. The last things to do were the wheels, tires, and brakes. I really wanted to go over the top in this area much like the rest of the car so I decided to design and launch a new wheel on this car. We have been developing a concept called PFS(perfect fit system) over at RO_JA Motorsport and we’ve got two new styles in the pipeline – the Formula 1 that you see on the Evo and one called the Formula 2. This new PFS concept uses the idea of developing car specific wheels with our new forged monoblock (1- Piece) line. In other words the Formula 1 scene on this car was made just for the Evolution and will be offered in a specific bolt patter and offset just for the Evolution VIII. We plan to do this with a number of super tuner cars like the 350Z, RX-8, Supra, and so on… This was a great car to launch this line. BF Goodrich supplied the tires I used. I went with the G-Force KDW in a 235/35-19 size. I always use BF Goodrich tires on most of my projects because I love the way their tire looks and performs. When I initially looked at the brakes, I was going to leave the stock Brembos on because they were Brembos! Though I really didn’t want to leave them stock. I worked with Race Technologies and Brembo to develop a 4-wheel brake upgrade that was off the charts. We changed the rotors up to 14 inch two piece units all the way around featuring Brembos floating hats. We also decided to use these insane forged Brembo racing calipers, which are the same units used in Le Mans and F1 racecars. These brakes are the best brakes money can buy and perform beyond all others. We are currently assembling the brake units to put on the car so they should be on the car shortly. Pierre at Auto Indulgence finished up the package by applying all the graphics and partner logos.

I love this car - it’s one of the best vehicles I have ever built in my life! We debuted it at Hot Import Nights Los Angeles and the D1 Grand Prix in Irwindale, CA and the response from the kids and enthusiasts have been amazing. Look for this car to be all over magazines and various ads. It is truly a car to aspire to.

Benman
May 16th, 2005, 15:57
Someone had A LOT of time and $$$ to shink into that machine. I've always like EVOs, but more for a track and weekend toy. The FQ-400 looks insane. The comparo EVO (car mag) did betwwen that an a Zonda was really cool reading.:0:

Ben:addict:

oswald
May 16th, 2005, 23:10
Benman, you're right - some serious cash, worktime and thinking went into this car.

but how in God's name can somebody change the Evo's default rear wing? For me the stock wing makes Evo so outstanding, and that stock wing makes you say - "that's an Evo right there...". That's my 2 cents...