PDA

View Full Version : Who's had their wiring harness replaced?

LIRS6
May 12th, 2005, 13:12
Apart from JAXRS6, has anyone had to have their wiring harness replaced? Mine will go under the knife this week - hopefully the antidote to starting issues.:mech:

LIRS6
May 18th, 2005, 13:12
An up-date - wiring harness was finally replaced, car still will not start. Now the dealer is back to the beginning, and will replace the same relay that was first diagnosed as the culprit.

Benman
May 18th, 2005, 17:56
Sorry to hear. Haven't had that on mine (or anything besides some brake issues) so I can't be much of a help.:)

Ben:addict:

LIRS6
May 23rd, 2005, 22:16
After replacing the wiring harness and a relay, my car is now starting again without any issues. I spoke with the tech who did the work - he said the replacement of the harness was fairly straightforward - just tedious and time-consuming. I could not tell that anything had been done, so assuming it was, he did a great job! Everything working as it should thus far. :0:

Hy Octane
May 24th, 2005, 23:51
Just spoke to my tech about the harnessess. apparently, the problem with them is
related to a bad batch of harnesses that were not properly shielded when made so they have been causing a world of grief for Audi.. Mostly on the 3.0's.. he said they are having to replace alot of them on the 3.0's.. I asked him if that could be my problem, but he said that when a bad harness causes problems, it throws codes (which mine does not) and will do so repeatedly rather than sporadically.. My malfunction dosent even light the CEL.. no codes, no warnings..
we'll know more tomorrow.