PDA

View Full Version : C6 RS6 V10 Biturbo

audirs6sport
May 9th, 2005, 08:50
When is this sexy beast suppose to come out? Anyone know?

Iceman
May 9th, 2005, 20:55
It is even not sure that the new RS6 will get a V10 engine.

wfg, Hans.

5000S old skool
May 11th, 2005, 15:25
Im pretty sure it will be V10 Biturbo, if not, then def. High rev. V10.

Iceman
May 11th, 2005, 16:10
Originally posted by 5000S old skool
Im pretty sure it will be V10 Biturbo, if not, then def. High rev. V10.
I put mine money on a V8 4.2 FSI Bi-turbo 500-550 hp.

wfg, Hans.

MJN
May 11th, 2005, 17:22
Yeah me too, A biturbo V10 can make a least 600 bhp and if Audi decides to use the biturbo V10 they can't come up with a lousy 500 bhp. That would look really stupid

GustavDK
May 11th, 2005, 17:54
And again, Audi would have no interests in making a competitor to the E55 AMG and the new M5 with 600 bhp, because then the next generation of the AMG or the M5 will have more and then in the end all three brands will end up with three totally useless 1000 bhp saloons...

Bingocaller
May 11th, 2005, 18:48
Originally posted by GustavDK
And again, Audi would have no interests in making a competitor to the E55 AMG and the new M5 with 600 bhp, because then the next generation of the AMG or the M5 will have more and then in the end all three brands will end up with three totally useless 1000 bhp saloons...

Who says that its going to be Audi who is going to put a stop on the war?

And I dont see why they should be "useless 1000 bhp salons"?

If there where no market for such machines why do we have all the after market tuners around for all brands pumping up the bhp?

JM2C

GustavDK
May 11th, 2005, 20:44
The point is, what can you use 1000 bhp for? You live in Denmark, as well as I do, 160 km/h on the highway, and wham, no license. I've been out driving a Kleemann E55k with ~620 bhp, and I'm telling you... We were cruising at 120 km/h on the highway, then we floored it and it took less than 3.5 seconds before licenses could disappear.

There is no market for 1000 bhp saloons, I, and many others too are completely satisfied with 620 bhp, it's far more than you need. Then you might say: "But the german highways"... Erhm, whats the fun having a car with 1000 bhp if you are dead (and your little kids too) cuz you hit the barrier with 400 km/h?

It may not be Audi, but they are next, so I don't think they should push it anymore than 100 bhp more than their last generation (like BMW did with the M5). 100 bhp more than the RS6 (NOT plus).

audirs6sport
May 11th, 2005, 22:28
If it was 1000hp but 385 nm torque. That is what I call a total garbage. Just like what BM did to their new M5. That thing has no torque compared to its size.

Bingocaller
May 11th, 2005, 22:30
What can u use 500 hp for? and what is the difference between 500 hp - 600 hp and so on? the cars will all hit insane speeds :revs: given the time

Just because u own a 500 hp - 600 hp etc car u dont have to use the max speed. Its all up to the driver so Im sorry I dont see your point :confused:

Then there is the "snob effect" (Dont mean it in a bad way). When there is a car outthere with just that little bit of more finesse if u can call it that - somebody will buy it. If not - why is the an RS6 and not just the A6? And why is there and RS6+ and not just the RS6?

I still say if they can make it - they can sell it

BTW: U die just as much at 250 then 400 - the only diffence is the state of your pretty face....

Ron Mexico
May 12th, 2005, 00:22
According to the brand new car magazine (UK), in early 2006 the S6 gets the normally aspirated Gallardo V10, bored out to 5.2L. 440bhp.

The next RS6 is slated to feature a (get this) twin turbo FSI V10 with 600bhp.

I don't know what to do with the 450bhp I've got now.

audirs6sport
May 12th, 2005, 02:02
Damn I was hoping they'd release it with 700 ponies and at least 720 ft lbs tq. 600... disappointed. On the bright side though, if the motor is far more capable of outputting a reliable power band, while tranny being able to hold up tons of tq. Hey I'd get it in a heart beat. :) Besides just outputs, what's the weight distribution going to be like on this sucker? Hopefully not worse than the C5 RS6... If so, that I would have to reconsider...

GustavDK
May 12th, 2005, 15:25
Originally posted by audirs6sport
If it was 1000hp but 385 nm torque. That is what I call a total garbage. Just like what BM did to their new M5. That thing has no torque compared to its size.

So far i haven't read a single post/article/review on the new M5 where they say it lacks of speed. Gustav from m5board.com tested it against the Gallardo, and they were just as fast, actually the M5 was faster at higher speeds, so I don't think thats anything to complain about regarding the new M5.

GustavDK
May 12th, 2005, 15:31
Originally posted by Bingocaller
What can u use 500 hp for? and what is the difference between 500 hp - 600 hp and so on? the cars will all hit insane speeds :revs: given the time

Just because u own a 500 hp - 600 hp etc car u dont have to use the max speed. Its all up to the driver so Im sorry I dont see your point :confused:

BTW: U die just as much at 250 then 400 - the only diffence is the state of your pretty face....

The difference between 550 bhp and 1000 bhp is that when you catch a glimt of clear road, then you'll be accelerating, and you can reach outrages speeds with 1000 bhp in no time, just look at the Veyron. You can make good speeds with 550 bhp too, but in 10 seconds not as much as you can't break again.

Now we are discussing a morally question, do Audi/BMW/Mercedes really want to make such extreme cars so it will bring whole families in danger?

Bingocaller
May 12th, 2005, 21:32
Originally posted by GustavDK
The difference between 550 bhp and 1000 bhp is that when you catch a glimt of clear road, then you'll be accelerating, and you can reach outrages speeds with 1000 bhp in no time, just look at the Veyron. You can make good speeds with 550 bhp too, but in 10 seconds not as much as you can't break again.

Now we are discussing a morally question, do Audi/BMW/Mercedes really want to make such extreme cars so it will bring whole families in danger?

I really dont think the responsibility is up to them!

Who is driving the car? Not BMW etc. And once again u will kill your family just as much with 550 hp as a 1000 hp.

Also I dont think that a 1000 hp car will be produces with the same brakes as for the 550 car regarden your statement of the braking distance - The producers know that its not enought just to bump up the engine

GustavDK
May 13th, 2005, 17:35
Sorry, due to physic laws a 1.7 ton car won't be able to stop much faster than they are doing today. I still believe the risk is fairly higher when you have 1000 bhp than when you have 550 bhp to cause an accident.

Bauer
May 13th, 2005, 19:40
Now we are discussing a morally question

Ya, this is what I need a Auto manufacture pushing morals on me. I think not.

As far as power output....many of these cars can't handle the power thay have...hell with out traction control the E55 and M5 would not be driveable for the general public. The benift to Audi is that the quattro system is much better and safer at getting the power to the ground. Not that I think I can use 1000 hp in a car...at least not currently. I think 600hp would be the sweet spot with tq around 500.

miisalo
May 14th, 2005, 08:41
There are already lots of over 550hp cars in the roads. Most of them are lot lighter than RS6 or M5. Or what you think of 560hp Golf Mk1 weight 965kg.

Actually they drive less accidents than with normal cars. Horse power does not kill. Look at the insurance statistics. In states car's with more than 200hp have over 20% less accidents than car with under 200hp. Of course when you don't build the car, just buy it with money, you may not have same attitude.

And more horse power does not mean that you have to drive faster. I like feeling what you get accelerating hard. Got used to chipped RS6 in a week. It is not THAT fast (if you compare to selfbuild cars). Well, hobby car is for that, but I really would like to have car that I can use for everyday driving, have my whole family with me and still have mind blowing performance.

V10 FSI Biturbo...PLEASE AUDI PLEASE

audirs6sport
May 14th, 2005, 12:26
Unfortunately, I've been told today by Audi Exchange dealer that the c6 rs6 has a v10 5.2L FSI N/A and the c6 s6 will have the same motor as b7 rs4...

If this really happends to be 100% correct, I'm definetely sticking with the c5 rs6.

miisalo
May 14th, 2005, 12:40
I wouldn't really count on what the dealers say. Normally they don't have a clue.

5000S old skool
May 14th, 2005, 17:11
Originally posted by miisalo
There are already lots of over 550hp cars in the roads. Most of them are lot lighter than RS6 or M5. Or what you think of 560hp Golf Mk1 weight 965kg.

Actually they drive less accidents than with normal cars. Horse power does not kill. Look at the insurance statistics. In states car's with more than 200hp have over 20% less accidents than car with under 200hp. Of course when you don't build the car, just buy it with money, you may not have same attitude.

And more horse power does not mean that you have to drive faster. I like feeling what you get accelerating hard. Got used to chipped RS6 in a week. It is not THAT fast (if you compare to selfbuild cars). Well, hobby car is for that, but I really would like to have car that I can use for everyday driving, have my whole family with me and still have mind blowing performance.

V10 FSI Biturbo...PLEASE AUDI PLEASE

Yes and thats because all the cars that are under 200hp are owned by teenage riceboys (civics, gti's, eclipses, RSX's etc.. ) who think they can go fast wherever they want.. and have no clue what their car can and can't do...

Bingocaller
May 14th, 2005, 18:25
Originally posted by 5000S old skool
Yes and thats because all the cars that are under 200hp are owned by teenage riceboys (civics, gti's, eclipses, RSX's etc.. ) who think they can go fast wherever they want.. and have no clue what their car can and can't do...

Well said.

Sorry GustavDK we dont see 2 agree on this topic and thats fine.

Happy motoring on the danish roads with our insane taxes :w: :hihi:

SpinEcho
May 14th, 2005, 19:48
OK, I'm gonna put my flame suit on here....

The horsepower war is all about marketing and bragging rights, and here's why:

The majority of people who own the RS6 or any other performance car do not have the skills to properly use the car to its full potential. I'll happily admit I'm in this category (though I'm sure there are those on this board who think they have the skills, and they will far outnumber the ones who really do have them).

It would be unsafe to drive most cars with 100 hp to their full potential on a public road. We all like to floor the throttle in our cars in a straight line, break the speed limit, and corner hard, but are we really proving how fast our cars are, or how often we like to push the boundaries of our better judgment and limited skill?

Flame away...

5000S old skool
May 15th, 2005, 16:28
Originally posted by SpinEcho
OK, I'm gonna put my flame suit on here....

The horsepower war is all about marketing and bragging rights, and here's why:

The majority of people who own the RS6 or any other performance car do not have the skills to properly use the car to its full potential. I'll happily admit I'm in this category (though I'm sure there are those on this board who think they have the skills, and they will far outnumber the ones who really do have them).

It would be unsafe to drive most cars with 100 hp to their full potential on a public road. We all like to floor the throttle in our cars in a straight line, break the speed limit, and corner hard, but are we really proving how fast our cars are, or how often we like to push the boundaries of our better judgment and limited skill?

Flame away...

Couldnt have said it better.... (( now putting my flame suit on ))

GustavDK
May 15th, 2005, 16:56
Well said.

Sorry GustavDK we dont see 2 agree on this topic and thats fine.

Ok, different guy, different opinion...

But that Kleemann Taxa was a hell lot of fun :hahahehe:

miisalo
May 15th, 2005, 17:31

Are they as insane as in Finland? :hahahehe:

Bingocaller
May 15th, 2005, 19:20
Originally posted by miisalo
Are they as insane as in Finland? :hahahehe:

I actually think that they are worse :MTM:

But I hear it a bad idea to speed on your roads :deal:

GustavDK: Those Kleemann are insane :revs: U say it was a cap ???

absent
May 15th, 2005, 21:20
Originally posted by audirs6sport
Unfortunately, I've been told today by Audi Exchange dealer that the c6 rs6 has a v10 5.2L FSI N/A and the c6 s6 will have the same motor as b7 rs4...

If this really happends to be 100% correct, I'm definetely sticking with the c5 rs6.
Was it Highland Park Audi Exchange?
If so ,whoever you talked to didn't know anything.
Their GM still has no firm info on any S or RS models except the RS4 that's coming in Spring next year.

Tomba
May 16th, 2005, 13:01
But I hear it a bad idea to speed on your roads :deal:

Yea, that's right.
Mr. Salonoja was fined 219 000 € for doing 80 km/h in 40 km/h zone. The amount is world record, which isn't a good achievement for the Finnish reputation. These fines are ridiculous.

One yankee was interviewed in a tabloid and he was asked if he knew sometheing about Finland. The only thing the man knew was the big speeding tickets.:(

absent
May 16th, 2005, 13:23
Not planning to visit Finland anytime soon,but I have a fond memory of spending a week in ice driving school ran by Rauno Aaltonen back in 1980.

Gustav
May 23rd, 2005, 22:40
M5 ocsts $300 000 in Denmark. Yes, people in Copenhagen did stare a bit on the M5 :race:

http://www.m5board.com/articles.php?id=34

nyrs6
May 26th, 2005, 03:25
Autoweek claims 550 HP FSI V10

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102443

Benman
May 26th, 2005, 18:40
Originally posted by nyrs6
Autoweek claims 550 HP FSI V10

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102443
At first I was thinking they straight lifted Eriks pics, but after a second look, I saw they were different.:p

Ben (just looking out for you Erik:D ).

Toto89
August 18th, 2005, 12:59
I think it must be a V10 because of M5 and minimum 550hp,because all the time before,RS Audis was much faster than BMW M's so RS6 needs minimum 550hp ,but I'd be very happy if it had 600hp.

Skaala
August 23rd, 2005, 01:39
Originally posted by Tomba
Yea, that's right.
Mr. Salonoja was fined 219 000 € for doing 80 km/h in 40 km/h zone. The amount is world record, which isn't a good achievement for the Finnish reputation. These fines are ridiculous.

One yankee was interviewed in a tabloid and he was asked if he knew sometheing about Finland. The only thing the man knew was the big speeding tickets.:(

well... as they may have made an axample out of him... norway still have the highest fines in europe, and probably higher than most countries in the world...

$1200 for 20 mph over the speed limit.(+2 points on your license)
$250 for 6 mph over the speed limit
$ 90 for 3 mph over the speed limit

up to $1500, then they throw you in prison as well.

I'm in no way defending speeding, but the rates are just ridiculus.
Especially when you are on a 100km/h highway.

they are also thinking about having a progressive fine, you pay after how much you make. A half months pay for 35kmh over the limit.

main issue is that violent crimes rarely gives more than $500 in fines. For example if beat the hell out of someone and send them to the hospital.
for the full european "price-list"(kmh and NOK)
http://www.vg.no/pub/vgart.hbs?artid=102313

SpinEcho
August 23rd, 2005, 03:52
Originally posted by Skaala

Give me a break ....

How many cars' speedometers are accurate to 3 mph - or even 6 mph??? :doh:

(Never mind the 'accuracy' of the cops' equipment)

Skaala
August 23rd, 2005, 10:27
it will be even worse now that we're getting those speed cameras that measure your average speed over a given stretch of road.:(

Toto89
August 23rd, 2005, 13:03
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skaala
[B]well... as they may have made an axample out of him... norway still have the highest fines in europe, and probably higher than most countries in the world...

Ohh my God!!!!!:doh: I won't go to Norway:nono:
In my home,there are many "bad-drivers" I always say that they bought their driving licence,I can't believe that they passed their exam:hihi: .
But you should drive carefully in Hungary as well because (If I know well) in most countries in western Europe ,there is a traffic table if police could be there and controll your speed but in Hungary there are no tables like this and police cars are hide behind bushes.The drivers alerts each other with the lights.
An other thing is you shouldn't drink any alcohol if you drive and(maybe) there will be a new law in the next year which says that you lose your driving licence if you drink only one glass of beer or vine,what is allowed to drink nearly the hole world.:w:

Benman
August 23rd, 2005, 15:32
Originally posted by Skaala

main issue is that violent crimes rarely gives more than $500 in fines. For example if beat the hell out of someone and send them to the hospital.

Yeah, THAT'S fair!:trash:

20km/h over the limit, and you pay more than for sending someone to the hospital. Scratch Norway AND Finland off my "to see" list.:doh:

Ben:addict:

Skaala
August 24th, 2005, 19:44
this may be an answer to the ridiculos road standards and high fines

The Minister of Transport and Communications does'nt have a drivers lisence. She get's picked up every morning in a limo. She's a BIG lover and defender of public transportation, but she does'nt use it herself:vhmmm:

Skaala
August 24th, 2005, 19:47
Originally posted by Toto89
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skaala
[B] An other thing is you shouldn't drink any alcohol if you drive and(maybe) there will be a new law in the next year which says that you lose your driving licence if you drink only one glass of beer or vine,what is allowed to drink nearly the hole world.:w:

over here they take your lisence (6months to life) and 4,5% of your yearly income for driving with an alcohol level over 0.2

I really don't mind it, beacause I dont drink and drive...:thumb: