PDA

View Full Version : Modified RS6 vs. Modified 996TT

Erik
May 4th, 2005, 09:48
This is Fred's old RS6.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564173

"In conclusion, the RS6 is a beast. Even more so than my M5, but it's no TT killer (at least this particular modified one).

RS6:
Miltek Full Exhaust & High Flow Cats
GIAC software with 3 modes (91 Stock, 91 race and 100 race)
RS6+ Pedals
Euro Front and Rear lights and clear side markers
Sportec 19's with 255/35/19 and 285/30/19 Bridgestone Potenzas
Clear Armor protection
Baileys Diverter Valves
RS6 rubber mats"

http://www.rankmyride.com/data//4/7/8424//.large/rs6_front_angle.jpg

:addict:

Aronis
May 4th, 2005, 13:15
Hey, I keep reading about TT....

What car are we talking about?

Audi TT?

Porcshe Twin Turbo?????

What gives?

I'm lost!

Mike

PS Stock Vs Stock is all that matters!

freerider
May 4th, 2005, 13:30
Originally posted by Aronis

Audi TT?

Porcshe Twin Turbo?????

What gives?

I'm lost!

Mike

TT = twin turbo. Here it is indeed the porsche Turbo.

Greetz Johan

Mr Kram
May 4th, 2005, 15:38

Audi TT?

Porcshe Twin Turbo?????

What gives?

I'm lost!

Mike

Aronis,

996TT = 2001 - Current 911 Turbo.
PS, stock for stock, the RS6 is still not as fast as the Porsche. :)

Aronis
May 4th, 2005, 16:19
I know the RS6 is not as fast as the Porsche 911 TT.....

But above compaired a modded RS6 to an M5, saying

Quote:

In conclusion, the RS6 is a beast. Even more so than my M5, but it's no TT killer (at least this particular modified one).

My point was the only real comparisons should be stock to stock, since if you sink enough money into a car, you can make it 'the fastest.'

Mike

Mr Kram
May 4th, 2005, 18:03
I know the RS6 is not as fast as the Porsche 911 TT.....

But above compaired a modded RS6 to an M5, saying

Quote:

In conclusion, the RS6 is a beast. Even more so than my M5, but it's no TT killer (at least this particular modified one).

My point was the only real comparisons should be stock to stock, since if you sink enough money into a car, you can make it 'the fastest.'

Mike

Sorry, I misunderstood you. But let me qualify my original statement by saying that the M5 was a Dinan S2 - 470hp and 3.45 final drive. The Dinan actually had twice the mods (at least dollarwise).

Aronis
May 4th, 2005, 18:27
Ah, I got ya....

Mod vs Mod vs Mod....

I see....

Mike

:mech:

Mr Kram
May 4th, 2005, 18:29
Ah, I got ya....

Mod vs Mod vs Mod....

I see....

Mike

:mech:

:cheers: Mark

nene
May 4th, 2005, 20:51
Nice testing and write up sir!

audirs6sport
May 5th, 2005, 03:04
What does the 996 have as far as modifications? I bet I can kill it with my rs :D

Mr Kram
May 5th, 2005, 03:21
Originally posted by audirs6sport
What does the 996 have as far as modifications? I bet I can kill it with my rs :D

It's stated in the original thread:

Remus Exhaust and Upsolute Chip, 442whp 507wtq on 91 octane.

What do you have on your RS6? I'm looking into additional mods for the car. I'd be very interested in a modified TT eater.

incognito
May 5th, 2005, 07:48
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Erik
[B]This is Fred's old RS6.

"In conclusion, the RS6 is a beast. Even more so than my M5, but it's no TT killer (at least this particular modified one).

RS6:
Miltek Full Exhaust & High Flow Cats
GIAC software with 3 modes (91 Stock, 91 race and 100 race)
RS6+ Pedals
Euro Front and Rear lights and clear side markers
Sportec 19's with 255/35/19 and 285/30/19 Bridgestone Potenzas
Clear Armor protection
Baileys Diverter Valves
RS6 rubber mats"

RS6 rubber mats????? can i please see a picture??

audirs6sport
May 5th, 2005, 08:25
Well that's where he went wrong... GIAC software... They are still on their drawing board and not only does the chip make "0" additional power, but you lose 30 ft lbs tq on mid to high range. All dyno proven. No bs.

audirs6sport
May 5th, 2005, 08:26
Originally posted by Mr Kram
It's stated in the original thread:

Remus Exhaust and Upsolute Chip, 442whp 507wtq on 91 octane.

What do you have on your RS6? I'm looking into additional mods for the car. I'd be very interested in a modified TT eater.

Good number of few mods that actually make power. =) Maybe if we get a chance for a gtg, do a few quick head to head for comparision purpose :D That is if I still have the rs by that time. I am actually in the process of "lemonaiding" my rs6, which sucks big time since I have to put everything back to factory... Running with the 996 would be pointless since it's bone stock :boring:

Mr Kram
May 5th, 2005, 17:03
Originally posted by incognito

RS6 rubber mats????? can i please see a picture?? [/B]

Here it is:

http://www.rankmyride.com/data//4/7/8424//.large/rs6_pedals.jpg

I guess it's an option. Fred already had them installed. They're kind of cool - rugged and easy to spray clean.

More pics in the original thread.

Mr Kram
May 5th, 2005, 17:06
Well that's where he went wrong... GIAC software... They are still on their drawing board and not only does the chip make "0" additional power, but you lose 30 ft lbs tq on mid to high range. All dyno proven. No bs.

Interesting, the car has not been dynoed, but the butt-o-meter tells me it's faster. In fact I hope to fill up with 100 octane for the Julian run to test that program. I'm not refuting your claim, just giving you my opinion. This is my first Audi and I've just begun to do research on the mods.

Mr Kram
May 5th, 2005, 17:10
Good number of few mods that actually make power. =) Maybe if we get a chance for a gtg, do a few quick head to head for comparision purpose :D That is if I still have the rs by that time. I am actually in the process of "lemonaiding" my rs6, which sucks big time since I have to put everything back to factory... Running with the 996 would be pointless since it's bone stock :boring:

Yeah, I was surprised by the dyno results. I was orginally planning upgraded turbos, ported headers, etc. with more boost, but I'm think I'm satisfied at this point. Plus, I think I'll be getting into something else in a year or two.

Where are you located? I attend a meet on the last Sunday of every month in Calabassas. I also frequent a meet on the first Saturday of every month in Carlsbad. There's also the weekly Crystal Cove meet. I'd be happy to run side by side. I'd also like to run the 2 RS6's side by side for comparison.

Since you're transforming the car back to stock, I'm assuming that you're getting ready to sell it. What's the replacement going to be?

audirs6sport
May 5th, 2005, 22:17
Originally posted by Mr Kram
Yeah, I was surprised by the dyno results. I was orginally planning upgraded turbos, ported headers, etc. with more boost, but I'm think I'm satisfied at this point. Plus, I think I'll be getting into something else in a year or two.

Where are you located? I attend a meet on the last Sunday of every month in Calabassas. I also frequent a meet on the first Saturday of every month in Carlsbad. There's also the weekly Crystal Cove meet. I'd be happy to run side by side. I'd also like to run the 2 RS6's side by side for comparison.

Since you're transforming the car back to stock, I'm assuming that you're getting ready to sell it. What's the replacement going to be?

Still trying to figure out what the replacement is going to be. I would like to keep the rs, but I might have to lemonaid it. Still waiting for response from Audi. I live in O.C. not too far away from disneyland. Carlsbad is a bit far for me, but my office is in L.A. on Wilshire Blvd. Perhaps we can do a gtg in L.A. or something or in O.C. if you don't mind. :)

Mr Kram
May 5th, 2005, 22:51
Still trying to figure out what the replacement is going to be. I would like to keep the rs, but I might have to lemonaid it. Still waiting for response from Audi. I live in O.C. not too far away from disneyland. Carlsbad is a bit far for me, but my office is in L.A. on Wilshire Blvd. Perhaps we can do a gtg in L.A. or something or in O.C. if you don't mind. :)

I also work in LA - downtown, but I live in West Hills so Carlsbad is a 3 hour drive for me. It's a once in awhile deal and it's the same exit as Legoland so I take my kid there after the meet and we make a weekend out of it.

But anyway, downtown works for me. Drop me a PM sometime.

incognito
May 6th, 2005, 07:17
do they actually say rs6 on the mat?

Mr Kram
May 6th, 2005, 17:19
Originally posted by incognito
do they actually say rs6 on the mat?

Not sure, but I don't think so. Maybe it's an option for any A6. They do snap down on the little floor rivets though. Again, they were already installed when I bought the car. The original owner listed them as an "upgrade." Maybe someone else can chime in here. I'm just an Audi noob. :vhmmm:

audirs6sport
May 6th, 2005, 23:43
As far as I know, the all season purpose rubber mats never had an RS6 logo on it. Only ones I've seen with an RS6 logo was the carpet floor mats.

SpinEcho
May 7th, 2005, 02:22
I used these rubber mats in the winter. They do not have the RS6 logo. They're OK for minor wetness/slush but really don't cover enough of the carpet to fend off salt stains - I had a b*tch of a time shampooing my carpets this spring!

BTW, nice comparo!

gregoryindiana
May 7th, 2005, 16:09
Originally posted by SpinEcho
They're OK for minor wetness/slush but really don't cover enough of the carpet to fend off salt stains - I had a b*tch of a time shampooing my carpets this spring!

BTW, nice comparo!

I can only echo the thoughts of SpinEcho. I bought these rubber mats for my wife's A6 4.2. They will fit the RS6 as well. BUT, they do NOT cover the carpet well enough to be of much use in really bad winter weather. And the slop creeps over the mat at the driveshaft tunnel side. The photo in this thread shows what I mean. Your throttle foot doesn't have much coverage beneath it. You end up having to put some cloths in there to absorb the stuff that overflows. An inelegant solution.

I ended up getting her a second set of the standard floor mats. One set for summer, one for winter.

BTW, aftermarket options aren't great. They have perforations where the posts fit through, but they don't lock in, and as a result end up riding up, leaving too much area under the throttle foot again exposed. The problem is that the stock mats on any A6 are pressed to conform to the driveshaft tunnel on the center, but none of the aftermarket manufacturers have the time to do this for such a small market.