PDA

View Full Version : First Truely Hard Drive

Aronis
May 1st, 2005, 13:45
Well after having the car for a year and a half, getting a feel for it's limits, I was in the mood for a truely hard drive on a twisty, and a bit wet road.

Drove through an area where I normally push 70 at 120.....No traction control light, only slight "Loss of Stearing Input Resistance" on one hard turn at about 100.

Dam, the car can handle.

Mike

For those not familiar with the term, loss of stearing input resistance, that is just before the tires let loose! LOL...lessor cars give you a lot of noise (tire Squeel) before you meet that point. Only felt it once in my M3 and that was with Snow Tires On, not a fun feeling. But with the RS6 it was not unpleasant, especially since the traction control light did not come on, so I probably had a little more room before traction loss.

Disclaimer: Did not say MPH or KPH by the way LOL you guess

JAXRS6
May 1st, 2005, 18:22
Originally posted by Aronis
Dam, the car can handle

Thanks for that reminder!:thumb: These cars do break at times and we sometimes forget the good stuff among our complaints.

I've certainly posted my share of bad news:rolleyes: But at 37K miles my beast has never left me stranded, and recently I'm reminded why I hang onto it.

Traffic here is light now that many folks have headed back north from this warm weather resort area, so I can let 'er rip at night -- and I do.:DThere's a 2 mile trip to the late night store that's fun in any good-handling car, but in the RS6 -- with its AWD composure, stylish panache in a big & comfortable ride, and great sound even when stock -- it is memorable every time :wo:Even, or maybe I should say especially, in the rain :incar:

SpinEcho
May 2nd, 2005, 02:17
Yes, our Beasts do have rather a lot of grip, don't they? :hahahehe: Good to hear you enjoyed yourself.

Scary thing is, I always think I'm going about 40 km/h slower than I really am. Cruise control is a real handy thing on the highway!

mi021le
May 2nd, 2005, 08:42
i squil it allot in comparison. :D but i have to admit i love the way 4k can corner with those 4 circles up froint. :p

audirs6sport
May 2nd, 2005, 09:42
You should try it with traction control completely disabled under worst condition, where raining process had just begun being drunk at the same time. I almost hit the pole... Luckly I had been through few horrible conditions where I almost ended up in huge accidents. I think it was beneficial to me, since now I TRULY understand the limits of this car.

Benman
May 2nd, 2005, 17:18
Originally posted by Aronis
Well after having the car for a year and a half, getting a feel for it's limits, I was in the mood for a truely hard drive on a twisty, and a bit wet road.

Dam, the car can handle.

Mike

Shame on you for waiting SO LONG!:D

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself, and YES, as Jax states, Thanks for the reminder. I haven't been able to explore the limits of mine for awhile but always enjoy it nontheless.

If you really like teenage style fun now and then, I suggest this. On a rainy weekend (southern California has had plenty lately) go to a local High School parking lot at night (High Scools have BIG OPEN LOTS) when there is NO ONE around. Take traction control off, turn wheel and floor it. You stop spinning when you take your foot of the gas. Immature, but LOTS of fun to feel the rush of torque!

Ben:addict:

Silversleepa
May 6th, 2005, 00:47
Gang!! Good to here that you guys use your car for more than "groceries" and "on ramps" -- the car was made to roar!!! Otherwise, why'd you buy it right? I commute with a buddy daily from Greenwich to NJ and he has gotten "used to" my driving in certain portions of the trip...you see the twitch to grap the door handle when approaching certain offramps as an example..pretty funny!! Like pavlov's dog, except I get the wild-eyed look instead of the drooling (of course, he's never driven it yet so I could get to see some salivating and tailwagging)....if I keep this up, his right arm will be much bigger than his right :D :hihi:

peace..!